Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)

Azur Lane Guide Index (Taking Requests for Guides)

What kind of guides do you guys want for this game?

I'm sure there are already various wiki where you can find the general information. But if you guys have any specific requests about more higher-order information like game mechanic etc feel free to ask. As long as they specific questions in small doses (having a full time job prevents me from writing walls of texts)I don't mind making mini-guides for certain topics. If I don't know everything personally I can check various sources with dranzerstar and others to make these guides.

Let me know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Guide Progress:
    KC Player FAQ/Reference Guide(Complete)
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...ncolle-Players

Quick and Dirty Equipment Guide(90% Complete)
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...quipment-Guide

Equipment Basics(HOW TO READ EQUIPMENTS)(Complete)
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...t-Basics-Guide

AA Game Mechanics(Complete), by KotoNano
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...k-in-Azur-Lane

The Ultimate Guide to CVs and Air Combat(70% Complete)
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...and-Air-Combat

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    @Kalinsre

AFAIK people are still doubting to play this or not due to the baseless KC CLONE game
    Explaining about how its different, the construction system with cubes and how you can enjoy play it without spending cash (just like how when KC first started) can be a start.

Give people some ideas on what to ask :>

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    @D Des I mostly meant this for players who already play this game, know the basic information and want to learn more. I'm not going to convince people to play if they don't like it.

But a quick FAQ for people coming from Kancolle is a good idea I can get a "quick start guide for KC players" going that basically compares analogous mechanics in both games to get players quickly started.

If more people want such a "at a glance" comparison list I can get one started. Other ideas welcome too.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    One guide that would probably serve a lot of people well, would be the tiny details on equipment.
    e.g. the different ammunition of the different turrets and their effect, the different bomb/torpedo pattern/types of the planes, Anti-air range vs damage vs reload for back row or front row (and how to best effect AA). Which ship is best served by which auxiliary gear as well

A more complicated one (to make) would be a more 'in-depth' comparison of the skills ships get. e.g. why Lucky E is lucky, why Unicorn and Shouhou are great, why a certain skill looks good but really isn't, why another skill looks lousy but really is great.

An insane one would be the story/plot. I gave up reading it and now just hit skip, but i'm SURE it was going SOMEWHERE =P [Though you could just drown in Hornet's patriotism after Pearl I know I slipped off my chair laughing]

ドゥリッ卜ル隊、 全機発進 !

Rep
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    @Ferreae Thanks for the suggestions. Currently attainable goals will include combat basics and mini-guides on equipments.
    I will likely break equipment parts into separate guides based on equipment types.

I think this time it will require me to take pictures of stuff because otherwise it will be hard to explain, so this will likely take longer than the last guide.

I think ships skills are more or less self explanatory at this point, and all the descriptions will make a LOT more sense after i covered how damage calculation is done in battle. This way the players will have a better idea of what skills to pick. But after I covered the basics I can definitely compile a skill guide as well, since at that point it will not be super hard to explain. Chronologically I'll do it after battle mechanics and equipment guides.

As for story... I also stopped following after a while because it wasn't very interesting to me. But if I ever find someone who's willing to write those out I'll let you guys know =D

Rep
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Equipment guide is up: http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...quipment-Guide
    Still missing a few CN server equips but I will catch up very soon.

Next I will work on shorter mini-guides talking about combat mechanics. I will likely start a detailed AA guide for my next one.

Rep
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Nice and helpful guides. Thanks for them.

LSC Completed 2014-2015
    Taihou - 29/12, Bismarck - 12/01, Yamato - 19/01, Musashi - 16/02, Shioi - 30/03

Rep
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingYu View Post
    Nice and helpful guides. Thanks for them.
    You are most welcome! I just hope that they can be helpful. Feel free to suggest what guides to do next.

I added a list of guide progress to the OP. It also includes planned guides.

Rep
    Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Thanks for the guides, very helpful and easy to understand!

Rep
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    I wrote a guide for basic equipment overview (how to read stats).

http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...t-Basics-Guide

It's mostly complete. Just going to add the finishing touches when I have time. Enjoy!

Pinging @Ferreae because I think this has some of what you were looking for.