Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sidebar Question Form: notsureifworth

I'm talking about this. Do you guys use it? Is it just waste of space? Do you have recommendations to replace it with something that you guys MIGHT use?

I think it's an easy way to post a question on the Help category, but that's from an admin's point of view.
    Please tell me your thoughts!

Thanks.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Sidebar Question Form: notsureifworth

Imo it's a waste of space. I don't use it, I don't even notice it. On that subject, I don't use the trending either. You could get rid of that entire bar, move the lottery timer, and I think you'd still be fine.

Rep
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Seeing as I've yet to post a question thread, I don't really use it. Conceptually, it seems convenient though.

Anniversary: 28/07/14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mogamin~
    Amatsukze: Punished
    Sources 1 2 3

Rep
    Mentioned
    4865 Post(s)

@crysismustang That thing is meant more for newbies to ask quick questions. We wouldn't use it because we've been around long enough to not need to ask simple questions.

IGN
    PrimalBidoof
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)

I haven't used it myself, I just went to the forum itself and made a topic there.
    It would seem more useful for newer people though, they'd need to say something about it.

~ Art Thread ~ Twitch:Offline ~ Pixiv ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzai View Post
    poi poi mptjerfuckrs

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐) ScarfSamurai's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used it once since it's implementation, I'd say I prefer the old newbie topic more since it was easier and faster. Sometimes I feel intimidated to make a new topic for a question I may have so I just don't use it and try to find out a solution/answer myself whereas in the old topic I could just post the question and wait for the better/veteran admirals to help me :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't think ignorance is necessarily a bad thing. The more you know, the more problems you have.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarfSamurai View Post
    I used it once since it's implementation, I'd say I prefer the old newbie topic more since it was easier and faster. Sometimes I feel intimidated to make a new topic for a question I may have so I just don't use it and try to find out a solution/answer myself whereas in the old topic I could just post the question and wait for the better/veteran admirals to help me :P
    Yes, I can see where you're coming from, but it was necessary to change. Do you have ideas on how we can improve it to make it less intimidating to ask a question?

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

IGN
    shiro
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Personally, I prefer to promote the guides section since some (or most) of the frequently asked questions should have already been there. Plus those guys who made them poured their own knowledge to that so they really deserved to be read. Though not all of us have the leisure of time to read them wall of texts aren't we?

I'm okay with the panel at the right since you can easily hide it if you don't want them anyway.

For the help and support, maybe we could divide it further into sections.
    E.g.
    Map clearing -> world 1, world 2, etc
    Game mechanics
    Etc

This way people can easily back-read some info that may be related to their concern without being cluttered by all the shizz.

I just want to promote reading first before asking stuff. :)

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐) ScarfSamurai's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    Yes, I can see where you're coming from, but it was necessary to change. Do you have ideas on how we can improve it to make it less intimidating to ask a question?
    I'm not sure, I think the intimidating part is just me being me (a little paranoid and self-doubting :P).

When I give it a better thought I can see why it was changed since in the old topic it probably happened that the same question got asked a few times which I can see frustrating some people (although everyone I've seen here so far is super friendly which is rare in some big forums) whereas in the new method you can check if a topic with your question exist first before posting which leads me to think that there should be a warning to check the forum if there's a similar topic before you post your question.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't think ignorance is necessarily a bad thing. The more you know, the more problems you have.

Rep
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)

Personnaly i don't use it, it could be useful, but maybe integrated directly in the help & support section forum, and slightly bigger in center of windows.

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !