Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)

Update 0.6.14 incoming (Pan Asian DDs, new USN CV loadout)

What's in there? The new Pan-Asia destroyer tech line and its Deep-Water torpedoes, the new loadout for the USN carriers (no Stike loadouts any more, but AP bombs for everyone), and a new Operation for T7 ships. You can now use Kagas, Saipans, Schanhorsts, Belfasts and other Atlantas to club the enemy bots.

Update times are as usual, November 29th for NA and November 30th for EU and SEA.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Last Tier VII Ranked in NA server, Ranger was the worst performing ship.

[+] Spoiler

What I want to see when next Tier VII Ranked rolls around, is how much worse Ranger can possibly get from that. Hell, Kaga could outmuscle old Stock / Strike Ranger in the air so that her bombers can molest her.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher
    I don't play CVs that much (if at all), but at least Ranger will be able to deal more damage without getting deplaned after two strikes.

And since we're about USN CVs, those who grinded their way up to Midway are going to get a truckload of FreeXP and Credits.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Ranger won't have to worry about losing her bombers when Kaga can just roll up with her entire bomber group and destroy her in one attack run. 1 fighter unit isn't going to stop it. The old AS Ranger was the only thing Ranger had that could stop that. I have seen Stock / Strike Rangers with their 1-0 fighter unit get run over so often by Kaga that it's just become comedic to watch. She literally cannot do anything to save herself. Only AS could stop that. With the revamp, that's no longer the case.

It's the same with Lexington. I'm still quite upset from when WG gutted her old 2/1/1 spec. She's just been terrible ever since and just not competitive. The sad part is seeing WG go through all the trouble of ensuring Graf Zeppelin will be officially re-released in an acceptable state, while Lexington had been castrated a few months after WoWS went live, and has never been the same.

1 Lexington fighter unit is not enough in the face of AS or Strike Shokaku, Enterprise with her 2/2/2 spec and VAST fighter reserves. It's not enough.

The idea of Tier IX Essex losing her Tier IX fighters is also another dumb thing with this revamp, because obviously dealing with a Taiho is too easy.

And the big comedy? Midway getting Tier VIII TBs that will only see Tier X AA and get shredded.

This revamp nerfs USN CVs to an even worse state than they were before. It's just terrible. There is no choice. When Ranked rolls around, CVs go AS spec and it's going to get far, far worse for USN CVs. Tier VI-VIII, the heart of where WG likes to go do Ranked?

The IJN CVs will go AS Spec.
    3 fighter units
    12 fighters, 15 if ASE traited
    versus
    USN CV
    1 fighter unit
    6 fighters, 7 if ASE traited

WG isn't going to tweak IJN CVs to balance them off of USN. WG has gone on and stated they like where IJN CVs are already at.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 11-29-2017 at 11:02 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    2362 Post(s)
    Which drunk WG dev decided it was good to give back 2 USN TBs, even if they are T8, to Midway? Now Midway is back in DD nuking action. 2 games to see the difference between AP and HE bombs ended up with DD cross torp action that I killed at least 2 DDs per game.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @ofi123 As opposed to Hakuryu and Taiho doing 12 TB strikes since launch?

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    2362 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher

WG removed 2 TBs from USN CVs as they were too OP. Even if just 1 TB they were still very strong due to buffed USN DBs. The only difference was USN CV lost the capability to effectively strike DDs. Although Hak have the 3x4 to strike DDs effectively, it wasn't without a price to pay. 3 squads is harder to coordinate than 2, a smaller plane reserves, plus a converging pattern which is both good and bad.

Personally I welcome this change as I am more of a Midway player than a Hak player. But I think 2x6 is still too much of a buff even if they are T8 planes.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    That USN CV Revamp has only made Lexington worse than she already was before.

I find it amazing that WG thought that 1/1/2 for a Tier VIII CV was a good idea. I find it even more amazing that they refuse to give her back her 2/1/1 that they took away a few months after launch.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    I find amazing that people still don't understand why dual regular 6 TB shouldn't come back on a T8 US CV...

I shouldn't write things while being half asleep....

Last edited by Murrue; 01-02-2018 at 12:25 PM.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Uh, Lexington doesn't have two TB squads, only Essex and Midway do. Lady Lex only has 1 TB squad, 2 DB squads and 1 Fighter squad.

2 Fighter squads might be a bit too much for T8 though. Shoukaku will be bullied like Zuihou at T6.