Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)

Update 0.6.15 incoming (End of Clan Wars, T8 Ranked, New Year Event and much more!)

What's in there?

The Clan Wars ends with this update, and the new Ranked season starts on December 22nd at T8. If you have respecc'ed commanders for Clan Wars, a free respec is scheduled after 0.6.15 is implemented.

A new T7 Operation will be available, as will the New Year campaigns (one around the battle of the North Cape, the second is your usual Christmas Convoy)

A new Port (Hamburg) will also be available.

Some Premium ships will be removed from the tree, some added, including Admiral Makarov (pinging @Emerald Acid).

EU lineup changes:
    In: Sims, Albany, Smith, Kii, Yubari, Katori, Okhotnik, Admiral Makarov, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Perth, Duca d'Aosta, Giulio Cesare
    Out: Koenig Albert, Atlanta

NA lineup changes:
    Smith, Marblehead, Alabama, Enterprise, Tachibana, Kii, Yūbari, Mutsu, Emden, Prinz Eugen, Graf Spee, Campbeltown, Gallant, Aurora, Krasny Krym, Diana, Murmansk, Leningrad, Okhotnik, Admiral Makarov, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, De Grasse, Błyskawica, Perth, Duca d'Aosta, Giulio Cesare, Anshan, and Loyang added

SEA lineup changes:
    Mikasa, Kaga, Kii, Yūbari, Alabama, Enterprise, Smith, Sims, Saipan, Emden, Scharnhorst, Graf Spee, Hood, Gallant, Oleg, Leningrad, Okhotnik, Admiral Makarov , Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Perth, Duca d'Aosta, Giulio Cesare, Anshan, De Grasse and Loyang added

PSA: USS Missouri will be removed from the tree and unavailable to get via FreeXP when 0.7.2 comes! The Trumpwagon will be replaced by another T9 ship.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Probably Nerfed Yamato-class in her place. It's interesting because WG said Missouri was going to be there for good.

"Why Free XP? We wanted to give experienced players a new way of unlocking cool ships. Unlike Premium ship sales, Missouri is here to stay, so players will have plenty of time to stock up on Free XP! "
    https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/itsabouttime/

But whatever. I got mine already.

As for Tier VIII Ranked, I'll give it a whirl. But this is going to be a BB-DD affair, so I'm figuring Alabama will lead my charge. I predict a surge of CV activity compared to Tier VI Ranked. Enterprise, Graf Zeppelin will get their first taste of Ranked and I know many have Big-E in NA server. I still expect Shokaku to be dangerous and flexible. This will of course put to the test Lexington and WG's USN CV revamp and her 1/1/2 spec. I warned before this will get her rekt in Ranked, but we'll see.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 12-21-2017 at 06:04 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    About ranked: Other T8 CV use than BIG-E can be HARD. At T8 the only weak AA ships are Atago/Mogamin/Amagi/Edinburgh & all DDs..All other ships has quite good AA and all cruisers+CVs can have defAA. Quite good==planes drop like a flies (smoked "balanced/nerfed" Kutuzov with def AA).

BIG-E has access Upgrade Slot 3 and can field more plane than Shoukaku or LEX and this a quite big difference. Scouting is important but strike is hard at T8 aa and LEX can't configured any more.

You don't have to face T10 doom of planes monstrocity in ranked. In ranked ship number is lower and juicy target are fever and forces ships move in small group to enhace AA otherwise a CV can maul a lover AA ship. Alone in a DD or Atago spotted and bombed by planes is a death mark in CV game therefore a good CV can limit map control +slow down caping.
    Don't have experience with big AP bombs but that is US only toys. IJN bombs are jokes (good for burning) compared with US bombs.

In conclusion expect many BIG-E and not much other CV.

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    A new T7 Operation will be available, as will the New Year campaigns (one around the battle of the North Cape, the second is your usual Christmas Convoy)
    Played the operation twice for now, it's pretty hard (still fun though). No wins so far.
    And it would be nice if we got the usual Christmas Convoys, but...the very first task (and the only one available to unlock stage 1 final) is limited to DoY only

Signature by Fog

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    @Chia
    Yes, it's like last year's, when the two first tasks were Graf Spee only. That's why DoY is being sold, even if you can get her for free in the North Cape campaign. You have about nine days to clear the New Year Raid if you get DoY via the North Cape campaign. Short, but doable.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hidahos View Post
    About ranked: Other T8 CV use than BIG-E can be HARD. At T8 the only weak AA ships are Atago/Mogamin/Amagi/Edinburgh & all DDs..All other ships has quite good AA and all cruisers+CVs can have defAA. Quite good==planes drop like a flies (smoked "balanced/nerfed" Kutuzov with def AA).

BIG-E has access Upgrade Slot 3 and can field more plane than Shoukaku or LEX and this a quite big difference. Scouting is important but strike is hard at T8 aa and LEX can't configured any more.

You don't have to face T10 doom of planes monstrocity in ranked. In ranked ship number is lower and juicy target are fever and forces ships move in small group to enhace AA otherwise a CV can maul a lover AA ship. Alone in a DD or Atago spotted and bombed by planes is a death mark in CV game therefore a good CV can limit map control +slow down caping.
    Don't have experience with big AP bombs but that is US only toys. IJN bombs are jokes (good for burning) compared with US bombs.

In conclusion expect many BIG-E and not much other CV.
    It's surely going to test Enterprise as WG's big experiment due to her unique config. Lexington is my most played CV and I'm not even going to bother using her in Ranked.
    Enterprise and her endless pit of fighters.
    Shokaku's 2 or 3 fighter configs and in Ranked, you see an uptick of AS spec.
    There's Graf Zeppelin also but I'm not 100% on her spec.

In the past, I know people hate seeing AS Lexington but at least I bullied CVs around in the air and did numerous functions to help the team, albeit at the cost of damage output. But 1 fighter... Against that array of air power the other CVs can field, it's no good. It's the same with current Ranger, 1 fighter is no good. It leaves you and your team super vulnerable.

The AP bombs are a hit / miss affair. German BB players fear them, but when I roll USN BB, I just laugh because not enough planes get close to me and if they do, they don't do much. But that's the problem. AP bombs are only super effective against specific targets and even against Cruisers, it's a hit / miss affair. CVs? I remember being in a match when my AP bombs hit an opposing CV and did a few hundred damage each. Not to mention you tackling DDs become far less effective with AP bombs.

I still think Shokaku will make a very respectable showing. I don't know if she's a shoe-in for No.1 Tier VIII Ranked CV with the competition these days, but it should be good. Enterprise and her big stock of fighters while still having 2 TBs and 2 DBs will be a big contest with her, regardless of what spec she chooses.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -