Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)

Winter' 18 Kancolle Event Panic Thread (February)

This thread is a consolidated thread for those who are unsure, panicking or have questions about their readiness for the upcoming Winter 2018 Kancolle event which will start in February.

Ask everything related about the event here: Your readiness, what to expect from events, as well as tips from veterans of the game.

There is a general event FAQ which has information and some guidelines on what to do in terms of preparations. It will be updated as information surfaces on the KanColle Dev Twitter.

[+] Spoiler

The upcoming event will be a large one.

The coming Winter event is confirmed to start on Mid-Feb.

Historical ships:

Side notes:

All event related threads will henceforth be automatically merged with this thread, to consolidate all discussion and discourse about the event.

As the maintenance ends this thread will be closed and the map threads will be available. Please do not create new threads in either Event Central Command or Help & Support and be patient. The respective threads will be open again whenever the servers are actually live.

We will also create a separate thread for people who are streaming their event when it draws closer.

Last edited by 211303; 01-13-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    Twitch
    Schedule:
    Thursday 17:00~21:00 UTC | Friday: 18:00~22:00 UTC
    Saturday: 16:00~Open end UTC | Sunday: 16:00~21:00 UTC

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Not so much looking for weakness..but priority of fixing the weakness that's are just so glaring :P

[+] Spoiler

Mostly asking if there are any stand-out ships should raise (especially amongst the dessies). Aside from Musashi who is going to live in Exercises for the rest of..forever.
    [The Cheetos Sisters are the CV form..the AV form is about the same level]

On the blueprint front:
    - have NOT used a BP on: Nagato, Choukai, Kumano, Chikuma, or Tama. [And obviously, not on anyone below their k2 :P ]
    - have used BP on ABKM, Fusou, Yamashiro, Zuikaku, Shoukaku, Tone, Suzuya (CAV)
    - currently have 2 BP
    - non-event ones that might qualify instead are Bismark, Roma, and Sara

**Updated**

Last edited by Ferreae; 01-12-2018 at 11:04 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4860 Post(s)
    @Ferreae Definitely get Suzuya k2. She is a very strong CAV, and her related quest gives you a +5 AA SPF. Probaby should do the same for Kumano since you now have 3 bp, but you might want to wait for Musashi's k2 to see how it goes. This way you still have 1-2 bp at hand for flexibility.

As far as their CVL form goes, I would say they should stay at CAV form for now, but have enough bp in case you need to fit them for Kurita fleet historical routing, and somehow do not want to/cannot use other CVL.

Other than these you can also level your shimakaze and hatsushimo if you have time.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by 211303; 01-12-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4860 Post(s)

The coming Winter event is confirmed to start on Mid-Feb.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1366 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: "Large" event so most likely 7 maps (are 6 map large events even a thing anymore?) and that's 7 maps with pretty much guaranteed unlocking starts, multiple gauges, etc. So plays more like 8+ which = need a lot of depth unless you're fine with some Easy maps. Could have 5 fleet locks as well ala Summer 2017.

Thus, Step 1 = get all historic ships to Kai for sure. and do what you can on NO BP K2 ships such as Hatsuharu & Hatsushimo. Hatsushimo is a decent-ish option as NB TCI DD given base luck. Atago's a pretty good CA for a Kai remodel CA. Gives some depth at CA. Now Kai isn't enough, of course so try to work in added levels as well.

In general, in addition to the usual best in class, try to have some best in-class or just some high-ish level ships among each historic fleet. So for Kurita fleet A, Noshiro is the only CL so ramp her up. Shimakaze is a top DD in that group so ramp her as 211303 suggest. Need at least one more DD so after getting all DD to kai, work on Naganami to K2 level, but can hold off on BP & AAR to see how event plays out. For Kurita Fleet B, have a couple decent level DD, but maybe work on one more (e.g. Isokaze). Ozawa fleet is in pretty good shape. You get the idea.

Other than that, not sure about equipment, but don't forget your tanks & tankhatsu. Willing to bet there's at least one installation map/boss to take down. So have at least one tankhatsu and ka-mi tank, ideally both improved some (linear benefits for that stuff). If you can get two (of each ideally), all the better since there's some synergy usually with equipping one of each. Of course having a few SPF is a given anymore, but you may be OK on those.

As for BP, got Suzuya CAV so that's good. I'd hold off on Suzuya/Kumano CVL for now given other ships to BP. Wait and see on which to use BP is probably best course of action. I'd get Saratoga ready for sure IF you can build at least TBM-3D and F6F3-N since MKII has built in NB CVCI function. Having another NB ship in the fleet may prove quite advantageous. Get Naganami leveled per above. Also, be sure you have a couple good tank carrying DD. Kasumi's a good start. Unfortunately, Ooshio & Arashio K2 are BP ships so maybe prep one to k2 level and wait and see on BP use there. Verniy can carry tanks, but her FP is meh.

- - - Updated - - -
    @211303: So about 4 weeks until event. Time to get working....

Also, KC Wikia Winter 2018 event page has "Medium (乙) and Hard (甲) mode has been stated to be '"Suitably Difficult'". Is this language comparable to difficulty language for some previous events. "Suitably Difficult" on its own is a throwaway statement.

Last edited by goesto11; 01-13-2018 at 06:22 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Lately I've not been too active and Im barely over softcap on ammo/fuel/baux so I think Ill have to go all easy with normal when good rewards pop up, so I wont get stuck without resources.

I've been trying to bump everyone thats at least 50 to 70 on here, except for Michishio who is gonna get her Kai Ni.
    I'll have two BPs by the events start, saving one for Musashi and thinking about spending the other on Unryuu, who nearly 80 as well now.

Here's the event fleets
    [+] Spoiler

Not on the pic but I leveled Akitsumaru a bunch because she might be useful for carrying planes in a STF, right?
    I crafted a third Type2 SPF, have the Kyofuu and two Ro.44, I hope that's enough to somehow make it through.
    I'd also like to get Tama to K2 but I dont think Ill have the time to do that on top of everything, especially with stockpiling in mind.

Regarding equipment improvements: Ive been kind of in a slump here, I am trying to get some quints up, but I don't know what guns to spend screws on - the 20.3 (no3) is now definitely better than the no2, right?
    Should I give some stars to 35.6s? Biskos and Romas main guns? Richelieus maybe? Most of those consume 41s, which I don't really have any spare ones of

Last edited by sandrio; 01-14-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1366 Post(s)
    @sandrio:

1) Lvl 50 (and at least Kai remodel if not K2) is a good target for Easy & Med (except maybe EO). Per my comment above, I'd ramp Noshiro and Yahagi higher than that given only CL in Kurita and Suzuki fleet. Of course you'll have to balance with resources as well.

2) Holding off on BP is a good idea. Have to see how Musashi K2 turns out. Unryuu is a good choice given some equipment quests and such.

3) Akitsumaru leveling is more for situations where due to branching or other restrictions can field a CV(L). Sometimes you need her, sometimes you don't. Perhaps one could use her in STF, but it's not common.

4) You should be fine on SPF for Easy/Medium with those 6 SPF.

5) Speculation on my part, but don't neglect ka-mi tank(s) and tankhatsu (daihatsu + tank & marines). Expecting some installation map(s) here.

6) For large guns, IMO 16"/50 Mk7, Proto 35.6cm triple and Proto 41cm triple (or Kai, but those are expensive) are the first choices. 381mm/50 Kai are subject to debate given -1 accuracy, but IMO a pair isn't a terrible idea. Not top priority though. 38cm Kai are fine, but I prefer Proto 35.6cm triple instead. If you lack say 4 Proto 35.6cm triple, then could do a couple 38cm Kai.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    That gives me something to work on at least, I'll include the CLs in my leveling lineup and try to improve some tanks and big guns.
    I have a proto 41 on +9, one on +2 and one without upgrades. I lack the Iowa guns and only have one 35.6 triple which is at +6 (cant do the marriage quest for the second one if I still haven't gotten the waifu to 99)
    I have 2 41 twin on +4 and should at some point probably turn them into proto 41s then. I'll put some stars on the 38 Kai for good measure. I think this will cover more than enough screws until the event starts (and some time afterwards). Thanks a lot

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1366 Post(s)
    @sandrio: Your welcome. My thought is this. STF = need a CL and historic fleets don't have a lot of CL - > level those. I've got 2x proto 41cm triple at +9 so recommend that. You can build proto 35.6cm triple easily enough. Not free, but not super expensive either. Cheaper than building Proto 41cm triple and no gunmats needed either. Up to you on 41cm Twin -> Proto 41cm, but I wouldn't do a lot of those. 38cm Kai are fine - some like those. I prefer proto 35.6cm triple. As for tank/tankhatsu, IMO two of each improved is a good idea.

Oh, forgot about CA guns. Now that 20.3cm No.2 give CA NB bonus those are quite close to No.3, but I still think No.3 are better overall so I 'd go improve those. Get the Sextuple Oxy torp if not done already. And yeah, you'll want to work on those Quint Oxy torps as you can. Expecting some NB TCI action for this event.

Last edited by goesto11; 01-14-2018 at 08:27 AM.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I've done the triple torp +max for the sextuple quest, I'm not sure if I can get enough quints to get one to max and keep enough to be combat ready before the event.
    I think I have one Type 2 Amphibious Tank and a Toku +11th Tanks Regiment, otherwise only standard Daihatsu. And the standard ones are the only ones I improved so far, so I'll get on those with high priority, I guess.
    As for the CA guns, I've been keeping a balance between no2 and no3, I have 4/5 of either of them at +6 and a couple a bit lower.