Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey guys, so here is my current ship list and state of things. Hoping for some guidance here, which ships should I focus to lvl on in the coming days/weeks, and to some extent what ships should I try to get? For event, I plan to do (probably) just easy, seeing as this my 1st event and all.

I am HQ lvl 53, maps wise, I cleared 3-2 and 4-1, probably can clear a few more maps if I really tried, but that's just where I am currently.

Knacolle ships 2-6.jpg

Thanks!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    [Revised] This KC Wikia event page has a lot of information you may wish to read for more details and tips. I have no idea what your resources and equipment are like, but depending upon what you have, you may wish to add some judicious equipment crafting. Ex. You'll need at least 3 AP shells and mostly likely 3 T3 shells along with some ASW, decent planes, etc. If you post your current resources and equipment that would be beneficial in terms of tailoring advice.

General Event Advice:

(1) Up to you of course, but spending some money on additional roster space would be very helpful. FYI - You MUST have 5 free ship slots and 20 free equipment slots to even sortie on an event map (also 75% sortie win ratio). You have 94/100 slots filled which leaves one extra slot. There are like 200 different ships in the game now, so that 100 default roster limit is much more restrictive than it was 2-3 years ago. If you are unable to do so at this time, or simply do not want to spend any money on the game, that's fine, just letting you know.

(2) Equipment matters. Naturally, you won't have much at this stage of the game, but you do need some basics as noted above. If you list your resources (key) and equipment, I or someone else can give you some advice on that. Resources also matter. I have no idea what your resources are like, but at the least I would try to come in at soft cap when then event starts. OTOH, if you have a large stockpile, then there's more flexibility with what you can do for preparation. Lastly, you need repair buckets. 100 repair buckets is nothing in an event, especially a large one.

(3) Strongly recommend you WAIT before starting your first event. I'd wait at least 48 hours for frontliners to work out branching, fleet comps & load outs. During that time, you can read up on event discoveries and also make sure you are familiar with the basic game rules (e.g. specially attacks, air superiorty/artillery spotting, etc.) and event specific rules such as combined fleets, support expeditions, etc. KC Wikia has this stuff and much of it is mentioned in the page I linked above.

(4) The forum will have thread for every event map which includes a walkthrough. Usually it's geared towards Hard clear, but is quite helpful for all difficulties. Feel free to ask any questions for a particular map.

Ship comments in spoiler. Hope it helps & GL.
    [+] Spoiler

First, don't bother with clone ships right now. Ex. Level only one Ayanami. Make sure to fully modernize FP/torps/armor while working on AA stat as best you can. Modernization is key as is getting key ships to kai and later kai ni. For leveling, you can use 1-5 grinding and 3-2-A. 1-5 should give some extra subs for 3-2-A, and 3-2-A some good modernization fodder (and maybe a lucky drop as well). Obviously, use PVP as much as possible (PVP is very good for CA(V). (F)BB(V) & CV(L) are easy to level at 3-2, but can use PVP as well of course). Do what you can based upon time & resource levels.

DD: Try to get Shigure to K2 (60) and work on one Ayanami toward K2 (70). Level 70 is a lot and you may or may not be able to do that. Depends upon playing time & resources. You also have other ships to level, but work on it. IF you get either Shimakaze or Yukikaze as a drop while leveling, keep them, and ramp them to Kai then level 30 if possible (and modernize of course). Both good ships at kai and historic ships as well. IF you have room in your DD/CL leveling fleet, you can add Asashio & Kasumi in those fleets.

CL(T): Get Jintsuu to K2 (60). After Abukuma K2, she's easily the best all around CL and very good to have. Tama is historic, but won't be for every map. Jintsuu K2 will work well for every map. Yura K2 is useful/situational, but not on Jintsuu's level for overall/NB performance. For CLT, get Kitakami to Kai ni (50). CLT are not good unless at Kai ni. IF you get Ooi, you can start working on her towards K2, but that's a lot to do with the rest. IMO, focus on Kitakami & Jintsuu. Next would be Ooi to K2 in this category. Lastly, IF you have time, you could get Tama to kai, but lower priority IMO.

CAV: Personally, I'd add say 5 levels to Mogami. You will use CAV in the event. Keep Mikuma (particularly), Suzuya and/or Kumano if you get them as a drop. You can throw one of the three in PVP before/during event for a 2nd CAV.

CA: Personally, I think this needs work. Maya is great at Kai ni and a "must have" ship eventually. At Kai though, she's meh. Lvl 75 long ways off, but keep working on it. In the meantime, Atago's fine at Kai, but lvl 25 ain't much. I'd like at least 5 more levels. Ramp Myoukou to kai/lvl 30+. IF you have time, one more CA would be good. Haguro is top choice for long term (at K2), but Tone or Chikuma are better at Kai and historic ships as well. For this event, I'd pick Tone or Chikuma to Kai and ramp a bit more.

(F)BB(V): Ramp the 3 you have a bit as time permits. IF you get Hiei, she's top priority here for a 4th FBB. Get her to Kai/30+ and modernize. BBV - fine for now, though if more space is bought, Ise and/or Hyuuga are worth keeping given historic ships (and better BBV at kai).

CV(L): Ramp Kaga for sure (10-15+ levels), but personally, I'd want to get Chiyoda to K2 so you have Chitose K2 and Chiyoda K2 (arguably best all around CVL).

SS(V): If you get an I-58 drop, I'd keep her long term.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-07-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    @Ghostmon Well, the event is only 9 days away, and judging from the change of fleet since I last talked with you, I suppose you do not have a huge amount of time grinding. Since then, I will only list the most important stuff you need to do right now. If you have done the things listed here and still got time, come back here and ask for further advice.

1. Put your Kongou, Haruna, Kirishima, Kaga (fighter only), Maya, Myoukou in your PVP team, and use them for PVP everyday from now on.

2. Level your KTKM to k2 ASAP. Build a team that consist of KTKM, Tama, Shigure, Ayanami, Kasumi, Asashio, and powerlevel in 1-5A. This video will teach you how to powerlevel there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGhs2pvjX64

If you get Ooi, Yukikaze or Shimakze in the meantime, replace Asashio and Kasumi with them. Continue till Shigure and KTKM (also Ooi if you have her) reaches k2, and Tama (also Yukikaze and Shimakze if you have them) reaches kai. Remember to keep the subs you get in 1-5. They will be useful for 3-2a farming, which will be the next step if you have time.

- - - Updated - - -
    @goesto11 Your suggestions are largely correct for event preparation purpose. However, there is only 9 days left, and what you listed is simply too overwhelming in such a short time.

I would suggest to tailor your suggestions more according to the opponents' amount of playing time and actual fleet conditions next time.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @goesto11 Your suggestions are largely correct for event preparation purpose. However, there is only 9 days left, and what you listed is simply too overwhelming in such a short time.

I would suggest to tailor your suggestions more according to the opponents' amount of playing time and actual fleet conditions next time.
    Well, the post gives me no idea of the person's playing time, current resources or equipment so I erred on the side of thoroughness. I've seen posts here and elsewhere of some players (new or not) doing (IMO) an amazing amount of leveling and other preparation in a short period of time. If the player has a bunch of time & resources to burn, then here's a more complete list. If not, I marked some higher priority ships not to mention addressing potential equipment shortages and resources. It's a balancing act for sure with newer players.

As for "tailoring" my advice, I went through the entire roster for each ship class and selected ships. As for the person's playing time, I have no idea what that is. Again, dearth of information so I erred on the side of caution when it comes to completeness. I'm also not not sure what you mean about "largely correct", albeit there are different ways to go about it (i.e. I think getting Jintsuu to K2 is a higher priority than working on Tama, historic ship or not. Case can be made either way). Still, yes, there were "post event FYIs", which while good to note for long term planning, are not event specific. Also, could have omitted a couple lower priority ships, here and there. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I've revised my above post pursuant to the above. Hopefully Ghostmon finds my suggestions helpful.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-07-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @goesto11 @211303

Goesto, yes of course I found your tips to be useful, as a new player, your wealth of info really helped me prioritize, thanks for going super in depth in your post especially the ship part, knowing I lack CAs, I now have a good idea who to take with me to PvPs for them easy exp points. I'll be probably referring back to your tips a few times in the coming days so my hat off to you for spending however long that took to help me out. Much appreciated! I'mma be biased and lvl Jintsuu (I LIKE her) before Sendai on this one, but eventually I'll get my other CLs to K2.

211303: Thanks again for your help, always great to see veteran players like yourself and Goesto willing to spend time to help newbies. I don't really care about the quarrels / inconsistencies, I can appreciate there is more than 1 way to play the game, but yes I do have to eventually look at stats after lvl'ing my favorite girls, so I'll continue to heed your advice going forward. I'll get on lvl'ing KTKM, she's not had much impact on the game thus far (only about lvl. 20's), but I'm sure that'll change at higher lvls. And yeah, after our conversation a while back, I over-estimated the amount of time I could actually spend actively grinding. Still better than I had expected, but at same time still many improvements to be made, I'm aware.

So now I will do daily PvP and keep grinding mainly 3-2A and 1-5. I have like 4 Kirishimas and 2 or 3 Harunas...still no Hiei, ugh. Oh and yeah sorry about forgetting to post equipments, didn't think it would be super important. But one thing, I still am actively crafting for a Saiun, still no Saiun. OMG.

Btw, how long do these events usually last? 2 weeks? 1 month?

IGN
    Archaide
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anything glaring pop out? DDs are kinda scary so not really sure on how safe....

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    @Ghostmon http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Events if you scroll lists the previous events' start and end times.

Three weeks seems about right. 1 week to wait and learn the rules from the frontliners, and 2 weeks to do it yourself ;)

Caveat: the hype, that it's final event before changing from flash, that it's LEYTE... maybe four?

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    @Ghostmon: Glad it helped. I tend to err on the side of caution with more than less info though can get a bit long.

Unless your favorites happen to be best in class (i.e. Abukuma K2, though Jintsuu k2 as well), there's always going to be some give & take. Personally, I think there is some room (and should be) for players favorites since a lot of the game's appeal are the ship girls & personalities. Not for every player, but certainly many. So certainly take care of your favorites, but keep in mind you'll need some best in class as well.

There isn't a bunch of time left, but IMO you shouldn't be jumping in right away anyway. That means at least a couple extra days if not more. Frankly, I'm not a frontliner so I may very well just take notes and wait until EO maps are unlocked (usually a couple days after event starts). So I many not start until even 5 days after the event does so I can plan out ship locking (gotta do for Med & Hard). In short, you have a bit more time, and definitely check out early reports here and elsewhere.

FWIW, Always do PVP as much as you can. Most efficient & easiest XP there is in the game. Very helpful for harder to level grind ships like CA and auxiliary (e.g. AO) FYI, once you get to HQ lvl 80, you get a troll sub at 1-1-A that has opening torps. If you have an OASW ship, it helps a lot though that may impact manipulating MVP. So take advantage of 1-5 while you're under level 80 for your DD and/or CL leveling needs.

Given past experience, I'm expecting this event to last at least 4 weeks if not more (probably more so like 30-31 days).

As for equipment, it matters. Up to you, but you will need some basics. Reminder - keep in mind BB gun fit for sortie BB, but NO gun fit penalty/bonus for support expeditions.

Lastly, since you mentioned the detail helped, in the spoiler I've put some things I think you will find helpful (if you don't know already). Again, hope you find it useful.

[+] Spoiler

NOTE!!! Event threads get archived so if you want to save the info from this thread or any other, I'd cut & paste to a doc and/or take some notes to make it easier. Anyway, lot of text, but by no means inclusive. Lot of stuff to know for the game.

DD: To me, there are 4 types of DD: (1) "Battle" or NB DD. This can be Yuudachi k2 DA types, or Yukikaze NB TCI types (Ayanami's both which is why she's really good). Essentially, this is FP+Torp stat along with luck stat for NB TCI ships. Go to KC Wiki/Wikia and you can sort top to bottom for best in class. NOTE - some offer other benefits (e..g Arashio K2). (2) AACI - really this is Akizuki class since they have best AACI other than Maya K2. This makes Akizuki-class DD very important and you should make them a primary farming target during events. Extras/clones will give you current best DD gun (10cm HA+FD) so keep them as well for equipment until you get enough "duck guns". (3) Anti-installation/daihatsu (& tank). Some DD can carry daihatsu (for resource exped bonus, transport gauge maps & anti-installation work). Best anti-installation DD can carry ka-mi tanks as well. See Combat - Installation on KC Wikia for a drop down list. (4) OASW ships. OASW is a fairly big thing now to offset those troll sub nodes and give extra attacks on hard to sink SS Himes. For DD, that's 100 ASW stat (incl. equipment, but not improvement). Asashio K2D is the best one here, but there are others as well.

So you can see ultimately, there are a lot of DD to work on so you have situations covered. Now some such as Arashio K2 (BP required) are good NB DA and good anti-installation as well. Kasumi k2 ins't quite as good for NB attack power, BUT no BP and decent-ish luck which is why she's a fairly high priority for leveling. Asashio K2D (ASW model) doesn't require a BP either, but is level 85. Yukikaze is good at Kai for NB TCI due to luck. Shigure isn't as good, but also has over 50 luck and no BP (thus an early K2 choice) = another "free" NB TCI ships. Shimakaze is a good NB DA ship just at Kai, very helpful for newer players (and need for Quint Oxy improvement) You get the idea.

DE: There's a gimmick now regarding fodder use for DE, but point here is that DE get OASW with 60+ rather than 100+. That means DE will be OASW ready much sooner than DD will. Not a top event farming target, but I'd keep a couple at least. Nice to have around early/mid game even if squishy and limited only to ASW work. Actually, I've used DE for OASW in early event maps on Hard.

CL(T): As noted, CLT suck unless K2 because you need that 3rd slot. CLT are very strong (when allowed) so getting Kitakami & Ooi to K2 fast is a good idea. Kiso's not quite as good, but good to have for Med & Hard due to ship locking. For CL: Abukuma K2 is high priority (incl. BP use). Covered Jintsuu. Also high priority is Sendai K2 because you DO want the NB equipment, particularly T98 Night scout. As a CL, Sendai K2 is OK "good enough", but not top tier. She can work though for another CL, but not high priority after K2.

CAV: These are increasingly important thanks to Seaplane Fighters (SPF). See Akashi below for SPF. That's why it pays to keep all 6 CAV (when you get Tone-class to K2) for Med/Hard clears. If not much space, then maybe 4, but you do use these a lot. Suzuya & Kumano are a bit better than Tone-class K2, but requite BP as well and you don't get any equipment. NOTE - you need Mikuma to improve 20.3cm (No.3).

CA: After event, goal should be getting all 4 Myoukou class to Kai ni. [Edit] Mentioned Maya K2 before, but in case not at K2 by end of event, then she's top priority here. For others, start with Haguro, then Myoukou, then Ashigara then Nachi based upon stats. Tone & Chikuma need a BP for CAV, but while not top priority, worth it in the long run so you can work on them off/on to 70. Both are also pretty good Kai CA, but Myoukou-class K2 go a long way. Choukai K2 is best offensive CA, but needs a BP. Since Haguro & Myoukou are quite close in performance, IMO, while great to have ultimately, Choukai K2 is lower priority for BP.

CV(L/B): CVB are great, but down the road for you. With what you have Akagi & Kaga will do for a while, but need more CV ultimately. Later Akagi won't be that great compared to others. Kaga's given way to CVB, BUT she's still useful late game at times due to massive plane slots. For CVL, per above IMO Chitose/Chiyoda K2 best overall = high priority for CVL. Junyou K2 is best overall CVL in terms of stats, but slow which can be an issue for branching (less so for Easy). RJ K2 is fine/good enough when you get her there. Other CVL help with depth (and maybe a good K2 down the road). IF Kasuga Maru/Taiyou is a drop in the event, she's not a bad ship to farm since she's got a good OASW specialty, and also can use her with TCF unlike other CV(L). However, not really a high priority target (such as Akizuki-class).

(F)BB(V): Not much to say as pretty much self explanatory and this is long enough before going into LSC and such. Hopefully you'll get Hiei soon. FYI - one thing to keep in mind is that it's not just sortie fleets. You'll want up to 6 (F)BB(V) for shelling support expeditions (used to be 4). So if you're using STF with 4xBB and running double shelling support, that's 10x(F)BB(V)! You can see the issue with 100 slots these days. :/.

SS(V): Again, 1-58 is a good all around offensive SSV to keep around. I-13 & I-14 are targets to get since 3 slot SSV, but not highest priority.

OTHER: Really it's Akashi. As noted in original reply, given time/resources probably not the best idea to try and emergency farm for her before event. Also, given that you can get her from 1-5 (since you don't have her) and even 2-5 (I'd farm at 1-5), unless she drops with other ships you want, I would not farm for here in event. Concentrate event farming on high priority, event only ships (or LSC such as Akitsu Maru, I-401, Saratoga for sure).

HOWEVER
    ... Once the event is over, getting Akashi IMO should be your #1 priority. Do usual stuff & monthly EOs, but GET Akashi ASAP. When you do get her, put her as PVP flag and get her to Kai (you can stop leveling once remodeled to Kai). Improvements it's own topic, but it's quite important in the game. One example though is aforementioned SPF. Can get those via Akashi. So get Akashi. Also, even if you don't have her, it's totally worth doing improvement material (ïmprovemat"or "screws") daily/weekly/monthly quests to the extent you reasonably can. Stockpile them until you get Akashi. Also, read up on what to improve, break points, etc. so you're efficient with that stuff.

Lastly, if you want some added advice for how to progress, create a new thread in the help section for a general review/what to do from here. Make sure to list entire fleet, all equipment (unequip items from ships to make sure it shows up), and number of blueprints, medals & improvemats ("screws").

- - - Updated - - -
    @Ferreae: I'd be shocked if this isn't for at least 4 weeks initially given large event (not to mention swansong of KC 1.0 and Musashi K2, etc. Tanaka's pulling out the stops). Frankly, if I had to bet, I'd say it's 30 days or more.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Archaide: Other than just ramp those under 70 in general, I'd focus on 1-2 in Suzuki fleet since you only have one DD over 70. On the plus side, you have over twice the amount of historic waifu ships as I have total waifus ships so that should help.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-07-2018 at 09:56 AM.

IGN
    Archaide
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Kk Kiyoshimo and Isokaze into pvp fleet then.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Alright, here's an update on my fleet:
    Event fleets:
    https://i.imgur.com/gR1wq5o.jpg
    Musashi hit 90 which I hope is enough for her K2, she'll be a mainstay of the pvp fleet until the event in either case.
    Got Yahagi to 80, Noshiro to 78, so I'll have decently leveled CLs for those two fleets. Switching Yahagi for Takao in pvp now, and will switch Noshiro for someone else once she hits 80.
    Full fleet:
    https://i.imgur.com/5wfap98.jpg
    I'm slacking on the DEs for modernization (will probably not bother until after the event) and I have a full set of Maruyus to hand out (never did luckmod before) who have spent too much time as punching bags in 3-2 already.
    Set my personal "goal" level for most ships to 80 and have been working on that.

I managed to stock up more resources while doing all this than I thought I would, considering I was below softcap for everything except steel when this thread was posted. Will likely hit ~100k ammo/fuel, 50k baux and steel is sitting comfortably on near 200k, with 700+ buckets

Bit unhappy about my Akashi efforts - I managed to make a tankhatsu but that's pretty much it, only small stuff otherwise. Wanted to upgrade large guns but daily crafting has not been kind to me with the 41cm guns and there have been no spare Mutsu drops either.
    https://i.imgur.com/iESR8PV.jpg As you can likely tell, my upgrades are all over the place. Will try harder.

Any emergency corrections I should undertake before the event? Otherwise, if I'm on the right track I will keep going like this (and hope I'll stop being an idiot about Akashi)
    edit: looking at it, the Kurita fleet needs some capable DDs, so I'll add those to my priority list.

Last edited by sandrio; 02-07-2018 at 02:22 PM.