Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    IGN
    Hoshimaru
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Thank god! Finally I managed to log in. I couldn?t remember the right combination of username and password.
    In any case I?ll just give a brief check in now and run down of resources.
    I?m here more for the intel that this thread provides than anything else. Though I may put my thoughts in.
    At the moment I?m around I think 114k fuel and ammo, 62k bauxite, 300k steel, and 630 buckets. And I?ll have Naganami at K2 by the end of the week.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2253 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know this should be in the 16 Feb maintenance thread. But there's isn't one as of this post and I am not one who create and update KC maintenance thread so the next closest thread should be this.

5th slot? Somehow I can see someone giving Sushi k2 5 guns and have her firepower over 300 points lol. Maybe someone making her armed with 6 bulges and making her armor over 180 points, or that giving her enough turbines and engines to make her evasion over 160 at lvl 165. Also as a bonus you can become fast while having DA + sanshiki/AP shell, self DA with seaplane fighter and so much more. Or someone is going to make an idiotic AA setup.

Ah. At the stupid dreams.

Heck, I won't be surprised if the k2 turns her into super Yamato class like Suzuya k2's kai Suzuya and remove 51cm's penalty. I will get a headache if they add in 51cm kai in akashi though, while I am trying to get 46cm kai >.<

Last edited by ofi123; 02-09-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4770 Post(s)

I'm ready.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ofi123 View Post
    Yeah, I know this should be in the 16 Feb maintenance thread. But there's isn't one as of this post and I am not one who create and update KC maintenance thread so the next closest thread should be this.

5th slot? Somehow I can see someone giving Sushi k2 5 guns and have her firepower over 300 points lol. Maybe someone making her armed with 6 bulges and making her armor over 180 points, or that giving her enough turbines and engines to make her evasion over 160 at lvl 165. Also as a bonus you can become fast while having DA + sanshiki/AP shell, self DA with seaplane fighter and so much more. Or someone is going to make an idiotic AA setup.

Ah. At the stupid dreams.

Heck, I won't be surprised if the k2 turns her into super Yamato class like Suzuya k2's kai Suzuya and remove 51cm's penalty. I will get a headache if they add in 51cm kai in akashi though, while I am trying to get 46cm kai >.<
    Yeah, a 5th slot can give rise to a lot of creative setup. Something I can think of right now are gun+gun+ap+recon+turbine+engine (for slow ban), gun+gun+ap+recon+radar+wildcard, gun+gun+ap+recon+spf.

One thing though, proto 51cm is netural to both yamato class and nagato class atm already.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    Primary event ship leveling goals met. Will continue to work on a few select ships in PVP. Also got all EOs done except 5-5 (probably skip this month) and 3-5 (waiting on vanguard formation) along with latest patch quests other than the go to 1-4 & 1-6 one.

FYI - for Suzuya & Kumano, first number is K2 CAV level, and second = K2 CVL. For Chitose & Chiyoda, first number is K2 CVL and second number is AV level.

Resources are looking OK. Will continue to stockpile. Now I just need to stockpile patience/sanity.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ugh late reply and such, you know the deal, life and work blah blah

@goesto11: Awesome, thanks again, the tips will go a long way for me and I'll take your advice to copy and paste, don't want to lose any information. I don't think there's much need for quarrel b/w you and 211303, both of you helped me tremendously and give valid points. Again, I can appreciate there are many ways to play a game, and I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, just maybe better ones based on you guys' experiences, etc. I like having a lot of information to work with / read, so that part is no issue at all. Seriously, the amount of assistance has been above and beyond expectations so hats off to all of you for spending the time, I didn't feel like I was bombarded with info so that's a non-issue. For now I'll focus on the event things, in the future I'll create another "newbie save me" thread if need be. Thanks!!

And oh yeah, for event, usually will the game menu UI change a bit or drastically...? Will normal sotries still be available along with event sorties? Things of this nature I'm wondering.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    @Ghostmon: No worries (no issues at all - everything's cool). Again glad I & others could help. FWIW, I've been playing over 3 years and Himeuta was my #1 source for help and info going back to the very day I started playing the game. Got a lot of help & good advice here. So if you need help/have some questions, feel free to post! :D Up to you, but personally I've found a post event "where to go from here" type requests helpful, particularly early game.

When the event starts, there's not much change in the GUI really. What happens is that when you click on the sortie button (where you choose which world & map), there's an additional button for entering the event. It's really obvious. Another change is the expeditions menu. Again, you have buttons for each world for whatever expedition you want to run. During an event, there's a button added for event support expeditions - Node Support (15min duration) and Boss Support (30 min. duration). Depending upon the event, there may also be event only quest to do. That info will get out as frontliners work the maps.

[Edit] Forgot this, but when you start on an Event map, if high enough HQ level, you'll get a choice as to difficulty. One you clear a map, it's LOCKED on that difficulty. Now you can change difficulty as long as you have not cleared, the map, BUT all your progress (and lately that means any debuffing) will be erased as well.

Mostly like you'll be going Easy so this won't matter. However, if you do decide to do say the first map on Medium (which may be a good idea - depends), keep in mind that if you want to go back and farm, you'll be doing so on Medium. Now it very well may be worth the rewards to do that. Also, with a enough resources, one can farm on Easy (usually) and then clear on a higher difficulty. You can see why waiting to gather information is beneficial. If you're not sure whether it's worth doing a map on higher difficulty or not, feel free to ask in the appropriate thread.

Understand you have limited time & lot to do and absorb, but again recommend that you through things like combined fleets, support expeditions (e.g. types and required comps), and event only mechanics - perhaps while you wait for information during the first couple days of the event. The KC Wikia 2018 Winter Event page template is up. Obviously, no event specific information, but you can click on the FAQ, Mechanics and LBAS tabs to read up if not already familiar on those subjects Same goes with general game mechanics if not already familiar (e.g. BB gun fit, special attacks & load outs).

Lastly, you will have full access to all the normal stuff during the event. So you can do all the usual daily, weekly, and even monthly quests as desired. Of course you'll want to keep up with resource expeditions as well.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-09-2018 at 07:34 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Just got the latest issue of comptiq.

No new event info is included, but there is this sketch of Zuikaku's event cg.

They also use a very strange term describing Musashi k2:

Literally, it means "Yamato class k2 and kai Yamato class".

Perhaps this is a similar case as Suzuya's k2, since the dev describes her as kai Suzuya class as well.

The interview also mentions an unknown new equipment that can be equipped on all 6 slots (including reinforcement) on Musashi k2.

Last edited by 211303; 02-09-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    So very few hints about the event.... Find out soon enough I suppose, but wouldn't mind a bit more info either. :/

Rep
    Mentioned
    1582 Post(s)
    A friendly reminder that you're not allowed to post advertisements, especially not those that jeopardizes people's accounts and private information.

The post advertising "KC event clearing" service was deleted and the advertiser banned. But if you contacted the person before the post deletion, please know that you are doing it at your own risk and Himeuta takes no responsibility for what happens to your KC account.