Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1066 Post(s)
    oh, it has been a while since I posted lol...

just posting here to get thoughts on my fleet readiness. I've tried to maintain a decent-ish level of casual and KEEP GRINDING OR ITS GULAG TIME. I didn't really have a problem with the last event going H-H-H-N. Of course resources are always a problem but i think this is the second (first was last event) time where I see so many historicals possibly being needed. So thoughts?

I can give full fleet statuses and equips if needed.

Thanks and I'll see ya on the high seas!

Last edited by Owen; 02-11-2018 at 02:11 AM.

All you lovely girls, please stop tugging at my heartstrings please...
    19th March - Wedding Anniversary with Fusou :: 18th May - Wedding Anniversary with Yuu :: 31st August - Wedding Anniversary with Ro
    Summer 2015 Event All Hard Clear - 31st August 2015

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1400 Post(s)
    @Owen: Posting entire fleet, equipment, # of medals/BP/improvemats would definitely help. In terms of this event, personally I'm expecting a combo of Summer & Fall 2017 -> 5 fleet locks, lots of historic branching, multi-gauge maps, 897534 unlocking steps, etc. etc.

So probably a high emphasis on historic ships, but who knows. Levels, probably best to err on the side of caution = 70+ for final EO Map on Medium. You might be able to clear with less. You know how the game works.

From what you listed, a few ships come to mind.
    - Noshiro & Yahagi for sure and I'd say a fairly high priority given only historic CL for those two fleets.
    - Urakaze/Isokaze/Hamakaze/Kiyoshimo/Nowaki -> Pick one and level up for a 2nd DD to go with Yukikaze in Suzuki fleet. I'd say this is a fairly high priority as well.
    - Ooyodo: Not as high priority as above, but if space in PVP/leveling fleet, I'd try to bump her up a bit.
    - Fujinami & Okinami. Admittedly debatable with these. Personally if doing Med/Hard and large event, I'd want my historic ships at least at kai. For those two, kai = level 30 each. Up to you. Not same priority as the above, but if ya got room in some 1-5 leveling fleet, I'd throw them in.
    - Yamato: Eh, hard to say. On the one hand, given Musashi K2 tied to event + historic base + hype for this event in general, etc. - hard to think that Yamato won't be good to have around and level 5 isn't enough. OTOH, big resource burn with level grinding Yamato class. That's an issue for you w/ current resources IMO. Also, perhaps higher priorities for ship(s) to work on which are not shown above. Perhaps a good compromise right now (and subject to revision) is to put Yamato as PVP flag and see where that gets you. May very well be 2 weeks or more until you get to EO maps & want to use her. You can get quite a bit of XP with PVP flag/MVP in two weeks or so. Downside of course is that won't have PVP flag for other ships you want to level up.

Again, may be other things & perhaps some tweaking to the above once you list more details. Other than that, event SOP as you know -> try to balance out some last minute leveling along with resource stockpiling. For you more fuel & ammo for sure. Might be able to get by on 30k bauxite for Med.

Hope it helps & GL

Last edited by goesto11; 02-11-2018 at 04:37 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1527 Post(s)

Edited manually from the Fall template that was on my PC since I don't use any viewers.

Appropriate that my favourite admiral's fleet also happens to be the most OP one. The only changes between now and the start of event time will be Yahagi getting a few more levels. No, Noshiro is staying at level 1 and Naganami won't be getting K2.

Flavour DDs are a little low in level but I shall consider this a challenge to Mr Tanaka to either make them needed for the event, or force me to come up with some kind of strange comp to do without them. The thing that gave me the most trouble last event was Z9... no, not actually beating it, but actually causing me to angst out by deploying characters that I didn't really want to. I'll use them in sorties if I have to, but I won't be best pleased about it.

Doing T500 ranking this month but that's still easily a net resource surplus so I'll be fine. I'm awaiting the challenge.

*says that while still not having the guts to frontline

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

WARNING: THIS IS NOT SIMILATION. GET READY TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY.
    TARGET FOR THE WEAK POINTS OF WINTER 2018 EVENT. DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
    Twitch

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4890 Post(s)
    I suppose I should post it here as well.

Name of E1 is revealed: パラワン水道前路哨戒戦

(Basically the battle at the Palawan passage, look at the relevant section in this wikipedia page for more details:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leyte_Gulf)

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Hoshimaru
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    So I just figured out how to do this. I'd never noticed the option before if it was there.
    In any case, I'm in good shape I think. I won't have Michishio upgraded in time though, and I've got a few DDs too weak to fight though.
    Still my fleet seems pretty solid and my resources are climbing nicely.
    Looking at 130k fuel and ammo, 69k bauxite, and 688 buckets. Hoping to hit 70-75k bauxite and 700 buckets and I'll feel good to go.
    [+] Spoiler

I also recently got a 2nd WG42 to deal extra hurt to any land bases I might encounter.
    Not sure how I'm feeling about radar though. They've been spread a bit thin due to some quests that required them as components.
    I should manage.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4890 Post(s)

E2 will be based on the battle of Shibuyan Sea. Expect the use of Kurita fleet.

It is also announced that there will be more than 6 new ships in the event, and that KTKM and Ooi will get special pre-event lines today.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Got to my initial goal for fuel, now I have to get ammo. Don't think I'll be able to reach my goal for buckets though...

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    The pre-event jitters are real!

After starting Fall 2017 at basically softcap resources and somehow still making it through Easy, I decided to stockpile for a whole month in the hopes of doing Winter 2017 on full Normal.

Would have 30k more steel and bauxite, but decided to do radar crafting for dailies to try and get a T33 radar. No T33 radars after 120+ tries so far

Anyway, bucket count at 1700, ready to do some crazy farming

Rep
    Mentioned
    2253 Post(s)
    Huehuehue

Just got my fuel and steel over 100k today. Yeah, I will be in trouble if drop RNG is all tsun.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4890 Post(s)
    @ofi123 and more than 6 new ships this event, probably at least half of them would be drops...

well, at least new ships have really high drop rates in recent events