Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Guys, which ships should I focus on?

Yuudachi, Satsuki, Ikazuchi, Tone.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4864 Post(s)
    @sawhorse Chitose and Chiyoda for sure. They are one of the best fast CVL anyway.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    All right, less than a month to go. I guess it's time to stop powerleveling and go full stock-kolle. Only dailies/weeklies from this point on

This will be my second Kancolle event. I'm hoping to clear as many maps on normal as possible, do the rest on easy, and then farm like a madman for any missing ships.

My fleet of historical ships is as ready as it's going to be, I think. Musashi will keep PVP-ing until the event, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with where my ships are at. Current priority is getting my resources above softcap. Luckily I have well over 1000 buckets, so at least I'm not too worried about that

I'll still keep doing radar crafting for the dailies though, since I'd like to get at least one T33 radar before the event, just in case. Also going to build a total of 3 seaplane fighters and then use remaining screws to get my duck guns and 20.3cm(3) guns to 4 stars. I should have barely enough screws for that, assuming Akashi won't troll me on those final SPF improvements.

I'm probably not panicking as much as for Fall 2017, but I haven't experienced a "large" event before, so I'm a bit nervous nevertheless. I'm just hoping that Tanaka won't do anything too insane

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    Thanks a lot for the help. This really taught me a lot. I think you nailed it all spot on. Other than Quad Oxygen torpedoes which I some how have like 20 of, everything else sounds accurate to what I need.

Sorry if I wasted your time with poor formatting. I'm not used to asking for help as I usually try to figure out everything for myself.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1370 Post(s)
    @sawhorse: Definitely agree on Chitose & Chiyoda, but I'd add Noshiro and even Yahagi (say 50+) to the level grind list as well. Also, I'd try to have at least 2x DD for each historic fleet leveled as well (if you have 2 or more). Thus, at least get Asashimo & Yamagumo to Kai.

---
    @friggo: Nice job.

---
    @ardiel: You're welcome and no worries on the format. Just keep it in mind for the future. FYI/FWIW, some additional thoughts you may find helpful

1) Quest F33 gives a Special Type 2 Amphibious Tank ("ka-mi tank"). Requires C9 and B46. Try to do that if not too difficult for you. If you lack daihatsu, there are a number of quests which reward one. Check KC Wikia/Wiki for those quests. "Tankhatsu" and ka-mi tanks are both improvement targets, but unlike a lot of equipment, the bonuses are linear (no break points). So you can add those to the improvement list when you get them. Do not have to max out right away. Many stop at +5 or +6 for a while. If you can't get to that, again, do what you can with all the other stuff. FYI - Reason to get at least one of each is because there is often a synergy damange bonus for ships equipped with tankhatsu + ka-mi tank.

2) Reminder - go through all the event mechanics: Combined fleet requirements, Support Expeditions types & comps (shelling changed last event and there's now aerial ASW among other things), etc.

3) Strongly recommend you do NOT jump into the event right away. Wait at least 24 hours if not even 48 or so. Let front-runners figure out branching, ideal fleet comps/equipment, special gimmicks, etc. You'll be doing mostly Easy so no fleet locking, but this really helps if/when you do higher difficulties because you do not want to lock a ship on the wrong map if possible. Even on Easy, it will make things much more efficient (important for resources) including potential farming targets on top of clearing maps.

4) If you don't know already, the forum will have threads for each event map. There will be a walkthrough/guide as well (very helpful). Feel free to ask questions and such. Lot of good advice here.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.