Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Fuel still below 50k, steel at 67k and ammo once again dropped below soft cap due to new quests and weekly w3. Only thing ready is bauxite.

Hopefully RNG gives me drop luck like the last 2 event so I can still clear all in hard. Really stretching it with resources this time.

Rep
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Can I get a re-evaluation? I got some stuff done but I think I might need to shift my priorities. I have enough screws to make one SPF before the event. (also finally learned to use KC3 Showcase...)

I got one Daihatsu but I don't think I can upgrade it in time given the need for an SPF. I managed to get four Type 91 AP, and three Type 3.
    I can probably Kai Ni Hiryuu and Souryuu plus maybe one or two more ships.

Ships:
    https://i.imgur.com/KPmGLBp.png

Equips:
    https://i.imgur.com/y3lRPwR.png

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4881 Post(s)
    @sandrio In terms of ship, the only extra thing I would suggest is to give Asashimo some extra level so she can trigger OASW, and perhaps also Murasame k2 if you really got nothing else to do and got plenty of resources/AR. The lack of OASW DD is the only apparent weakness, but it is nowhere near compulsory.

Equipment wise you are in rather good state. I would suggest you to complete the new quest for the new rocket k2, as that could be potentially useful on reducing taiha caused by airstrike, especially on CVL with reinforcement slot.

Night plane is also a good thing to aim for at your stage, but due to its cost it might be difficult for you to get one in time. Do get it if you have the resources, as it could give you some flexibility in terms of fleet building.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ardiel In terms of ship, Shigure, Myoukou, both Chiyoda/chitose sisters and both dragon to k2 will help you a lot. The first two gives you night firepower, while the latter are important components of combined fleet.

In terms of equipment, building more high tier planes will be your most important priority. With your current planes you will have difficulty getting AS even in Easy mode. Spam the 20/60/10/100 for Reppu, Ryuusei kai and Suisei 12A.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @211303
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I do have a couple (read: 3) AR to spare (possibly more with quests). I could try leveling Asashimo and/or Murasame and also get Satsuki to 82 from 80 which means she wouldnt need the only T4 Sonar anymore for OASW.
    Originally I was thinking of getting Naganami to K2 due to her being a historic ship. My Kurita and Suzuki fleet DDs seem fairly weak.

I'll have to try my hand at the rocket quest. Luckily, all required ships are at a decent level (usually theres always one required ships in the 20s/30s) so it shouldnt be too tough on me.
    I don't have a CVL with a reinforcement slot yet, but I have 5 holepunches left so that seems like a good idea if the need arises.

The night plane is probably something I'll leave for after the event. I'm in somewhat of a screw-shortage. I'll try to get some stars on the Ka-Mi and maybe some more quints in the meantime, big guns whenever I have the materials needed I guess.

edit: Reading your post below, I can add that I have tons of time I could spend, as I am currently a NEET due to circumstances. Sure, other games also take my attention, but I have anime to catch up on and kancolle is something to do on my second screen while watching, in that case.

Last edited by sandrio; 02-07-2018 at 08:15 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4881 Post(s)
    @goesto11

I suppose I didn't make myself clear, so I guess I will clarify the reasons behind the above statement. Noted that this is meant to be a healthy discussion in terms of suggestions, but not to criticize you and your work.

My main point is that giving too much information could be equally harmful as giving information that are misleading/wrong. I could see you cover all the ships and equipments one generally need. However, one must recognize that people have limited time in game, and more than often they will need to prioritize, giving up the less important stuff.

HOWEVER, in order to make proper judgment in terms of prioritization, one needs in depth knowledge and experience in terms of the nature of event and the ability/importance of each and every ships/equipments. As a person who gives advices, we cannot assume the person we are advising have the ability to make such prioritization. This is particularly true for newbie. If they fail to make such prioritization, chances are they will end up with some hugely unbalanced fleet: i.e. lots of DD but not BB/CV, good torps but bad planes, etc.

Hence, it is important for us to tailor our advice to suit the need of our target audience. Of cos, this would require us to know more about the target, but this is two ways I would handle:

1. Ask for more info before giving advices

To give accurate advices, I would say you would at least need the followings:
    a) target's current resources status, fleet and equipment
    b) target's average playing time (both during the event and right now, also whether you can use android phone for expedition in down time)
    c) target's aim in event

2. Only provide the most important priorities that you are sure the target can complete, and ask them to come back for more advices once they are done (which is also what I did this time)

This way, you did the prioritization for them. If they complete the tasks you assigned, you can always add additional advices. If that's all they have time to do, you can at least be sure that they are still on the right track.

With this opportunity, I would also strongly urge anyone asking for advices in the future to provide the above information. This will help us tremendously in giving your accurate advices.

Rep
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    @211303

How many of those planes should I aim to get?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4881 Post(s)
    @sandrio Well, Naganami is also a good choice, as her 30 luck means she can be a makeshift TCI DD when the need arise. Do level her too if you really got the time.

The reason I didn't suggest her in the first place is that she is a member of Kurita/Suzuki fleet. In that fleet, there is also Yukikaze and Shimakze, which are also very strong and are already leveled. Concerning that Naganami is not a huge upgrade over them, and that there is only so much slots for DD in a combined fleet, she is not that big a priority IMO. After all, Naganami is only a high firepower DD without any special ability.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Alright, noted. I think I have pretty clear goals until the event starts. Otherwise I'll ask again. Thanks a bunch, even nearly 2 years into the game I still feel pretty insecure about my choices fairly often.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4881 Post(s)
    @ardiel
    TBH? As many as you can.

A CTF can consist of 4CV(L), so that's 16 planes already. Then you factor in the planes you need in support expedition and LBAS (which is another problem, as you have 0 LBAS bomber. Can't do much now as crafting those are rather expensive to craft). Just spam the formula till your bauxite reaches just below your natural regen cap, and maintain that bauxite level.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1393 Post(s)
    @ardiel: Agree about Shigure, Myoukou, Chiyoda, Chitose, etc. K2. Also agree about sticking around cap prior to the event.

Some ancillary things to keep in mind for ships:
    - IF you have a spot in 3-2 fleet and/or PVP fleet (or after above K2 are done), I'd work on Kirishima towards Kai ni. (1) Not that far off and you'll get a nice stat boost, particularly FP. (2) Supposed to be STF heavy event and you're not strong with (F)BB.
    - Lower priority, but keep Haruna in mind as well. Won't get to Kai ni, but adding some levels to an historic ship isn't a bad idea IMO.
    - Lastly, IF you're doing a heavy DD/CL 1-5 fleet and/or get other stuff done, I'd add some levels to Yukikaze & Shimakaze. Both historic and just good DD at Kai. Will help with DD heavy fleets in event incl, one for NB DA and one for NB TCI work.

As for equipment, agree a few better fighters (Shiden K2 & Reppuu) wouldn't hurt. Perhaps even important are more/better torp bombers (Ryuusei/Ryuusei Kai) - particularly since no LBAS bombers. Ryuusei (Kai) have 1 more range on top of being better in general. Depending upon range, LBAS may be an issue for you in the event. Something to note for the future, AFTER the event, a high priority for you is crafting a number of T96 LBAS bombers (at least 4 if not 8 (ideally), and using the quarterly quest to upgrade those to T1 LBAS (make sure to always do that).

Again, agree with not diving too deep here - stick to around cap for bauxite, and GL w/ RNG. Hopefully devs won't expect Easy players to be fielding nothing but Reppuu/Suisei M12/Ryuusei (Kai). Kind of a high standard for newer players. :/

Re. Improvement: SPF for sure, but after you get that done and/or have days when can't work on that, don't forget other "free" items to do with daily improvement quest. You have no improved large guns, etc. So put a +1 on 4 35.6cm twin to start. I'd also put +1 on that 20,3cm (No.2) - not free, but worth it. Next add +1 to couple more AP shells and IMO 3 more Quad Oxy (for 4 total) - those items are "free" w/ daily quest. After that, you can work on improving 35.6cm/AP shells to +4 (all "free"), or getting that 20,3cm (No.2) to +4.

---------------------------
    @211303: I understand the points you listed. Yes, more information is better. In fact, I mentioned that in my initial reply. We both want to give the best advice possible.

However, TBH, I was surprised by your comment. Honestly, I don't think my reply lacked sufficient priority (had first and a couple second tier targets), or lacked taking the player's fleet into account at all. Given the reply I received (see below), doesn't seem overwhelming either.

Admittedly, I do like to give more information, especially WHY to do something since personally I find that much more helpful & informative. Still, some may prefer a more concise response. So perhaps some balance to be had there which I will keep in mind unless, of course, I get positive feedback from the person in question in terms of said detail. Frankly, I like to give secondary targets because while ideally there will be prompt back & forth with updates and corresponding replies, that may not always occur in a timely manner. Thus, if someone gets ABC leveled - perhaps sooner than anticipated, here's XZY to fill in another gap. Of course, balance/limits to that as well.

All I can say is that given @Ghostmon's nice reply/thank you - "Goesto, yes of course I found your tips to be useful, as a new player, your wealth of info really helped me prioritize, thanks for going super in depth in your post..." I feel I helped the player without any of the concerns you mentioned which is the important thing.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-08-2018 at 03:41 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.