Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    I know, I was being sarcastic. And as the great Stalin once said, quantity is a quality of its own. There are few problem sixteen rifles can't solve.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    How unexpected. A nimble, relatively tanky fast battleship with awful gunnery? Pass. She might be awesome in Ops, but I now have Lyon.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Despite that squishy armor, Lyon is Love, Lyon is Life.

For Ops, Richelieu will still be better. Operations are very offense oriented, so the upfront turret setup works out for Richelieu. The Cardinal also sports VASTLY superior AA, better AA than even preceding Lyon. WG has a kick with throwing a lot of planes in for Operations as time has progressed, so Cardinal Richelieu's AA will be more important.

Other than for getting a French BB with some interesting camo, there's no point to Gas Can. Richelieu is just better.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 02-23-2018 at 10:43 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    I saw some of Operation Hermes gameplay, and yes there's a Graf Zeppelin on the AI side.

*Laughs in Atlanta*

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Then I foresee some more "CVs are OP" threads in the future when it hits Live. Then again, this happens every other day. Especially when guys take the POS AA boats out and there is poor AA with the team for that operation. I'll enjoy it though, I run a lot of AA Builds.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    I need to ask @Mobius something: how meh is Gascogne? I believe you have some first hand experience with her.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK All I know is that with Richelieu and Alsace, I lose my turrets very frequently to the point of big annoyance. Thankfully Republique doesn't have this problem. This is more annoying to the Tier VIII's because their secondaries actually suck. If Alsace loses a turret, at least she has mega secondaries to prop up some damage numbers for her. Richelieu and Gas Can don't have that.

Edit again: The French 15" turrets have a tendency to get KO'd / destroyed. I play these Post-Lyon French BBs as brawlers, so the risk for that goes up in those kinds of ranges. These turrets are actually tougher than the German 15" turrets, they still get KO'd badly. It's annoying as hell if this happens on Richelieu, but I can only imagine how much more annoying it would be for Gas Can if her only forward turret gets disabled / destroyed.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 03-18-2018 at 07:47 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Guns are fairly trolly as you probably already know (both in terms of accuracy and overpens. Also, bad turret angles), AA is bad, I haven't really found a utility for speed boost yet (although I don't run speed flag at the moment, might be more useful with it) and I feel like the whole "good fire starting chance" thing with the secondaries is a lie: I started very few fires due to the secondaries, even when grinding the campaign in coop with the ship. Might be bad RNG, but I've been quite disappointed in them. And yeah, you lose the turrets quite often. I feel like WG should raise the turrets HP since they don't take the turrets subdivision into account.

One thing I've been enjoying a fair bit on this ship however is the low CD heal. It allows you to be quite aggressive in the correct conditions. One situation that quite amused me was when I took a cap solo and pretty much parked there for the entire game. The enemy could never bring enough quite enough firepower to make me leave. 1 fire? Tank with the heal. 2 or 3 fires simultaneously? Repair. 1 fire again? Heal again. I don't think I would've been able to pull that off with another BB. It can be pretty lulzy to be this massive PITA to kill.

I don't think it's an objectively great BB, but honestly I've been having more fun with it than Roma so far ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Could definitely use some buffs though.
    However, I should also point out that I enjoyed Dunkerque at first... until I grew too frustrated with the guns. Same thing could definitely happen with the Gascogne.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    I'm kind of amused you bought Gas Can given how meh she is. I'll admit I got her too on NA (I have Lyon on EU, so I'll simply grind my way up to Ritchie there), and I too am grinding the campaign on Coop there. Like LWM says, she's a lot of fun on Hermes:

but in PvE, she's meh. Accuracy is less of a problem when you're going into knife range, overpens much more. The bad after turret arc is very frustrating. Secondaries aren't as effective as Bisko's indeed, but do the job. I might have been lucky, or it's LWM's (gimped) captain build. Improved Repair CD is very nice indeed and alleviates Gas Can's tendency to burn like a damn Molotov cocktail, especially if there's a lot of HE-spewing cruisers (damn 32mm plating).

I haven't tried in PvP though.