Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    The effect of Aerial Barrage
    1. The only requirement for this effect to trigger is to equip a 12 cm 30 tube rocket launcher k2 on a BBV, CV, AV, CAV. (I am not sure about CVL)

When triggered, you will see a grey line of word on top of the ship's nameplate.

2. So far, we know that whenever this barrage is triggered, that particular ship is immune to opening airstrike.

Yay for another 'improvement' that can make a huge difference between the haves and have-nots! /s

Well, at least last month's rankers are a little happier now for 'only' receiving a AA gun as the T500 reward. (yeah, people laughed back when Bofors was handed out too... Do reward AA guns always turn out OP in the end?)

Since hard maps entail stacking AA guns on all ships with reinforcement expansions, and CVs are nearly always going to be needed, it's going to be a significant boost to have multiples. Although Fleet Air Defence is a little less than Bofors/Pom-Pom. We'll need more information on trigger rates and the exact kind of fleet being faced (e.g. enemy plane slot sizes), but the thought of having a chance of completely cancelling airstrike damage is very tempting indeed. Especially with the prevalence of airstrike nodes and for CVs that just stop operating at chuuha. As someone already mentioned, even savings on scratches when doing 5-4 ranking runs would add up over time.

It's probably just bandwagoning but I'd strongly consider trying to manufacture more of these.

meanwhile I will just be quietly content that T22 K4 LM, which I also thought was mediocre when I first saw it but is actually pretty damn good, still isn't obtainable by any means.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

Twitch

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)

The effect of Aerial Barrage
    1. The only requirement for this effect to trigger is to equip a 12 cm 30 tube rocket launcher k2 on a BBV, CV, AV, CAV. (I am not sure about CVL)

When triggered, you will see a grey line of word on top of the ship's nameplate.

2. So far, we know that whenever this barrage is triggered, that particular ship is immune to opening airstrike. You can see the actual effect via this link: https://twitter.com/hata_mine/status/960467294236241923

As you can see in the video, no damage no. or miss is shown on the ship, despite all the torps flied towards Hyuuga.

3. According to the dev, each ship class/ship model would have a different triggering rate.

So... I guess I need to make at least 2-3 of 12cm 30 Tube Rocket Kai (or do all 12cm Rockets do this?), and put reinforcement expansion slots on top CV(B), CAV and maybe BBV as well. Well, probably hold off on BBV for now & see how it goes.

Also, (most likely) higher trigger with Ise-class makes me wonder about their K2. Class getting some bumps, but still no K2.

----

As for 46cm/46cm Kai - on the every growing improvement 'to-do" list it goes.... :/

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    @Etrigan well, those are very cheap to craft. 10/30/10/10 has a 2% rate of giving you one. So, you need around 500/1500/500/500 for one on average. Rather insignificant cost tbh.
    I'm just venting. I know the material cost isn't significant, it's the time sink. I find spamming development even more mind-numbingly tedious than sparkling. So far I've been trying to just craft through dailies, and it takes a long-ass time.

I figured I should really just buckle down and do it, so I decided to spam 20/30/10/91 until I crafted a Model 32 Zero. ....123 Developments and 11k bauxite later, I've got one and I realized I shouldn't do this right before an event. Anyone got a better M32 recipe?

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    @Etrigan M32 isn't an expensive craft. 10/20/10/20 should pop out M32 at same rate as that recipe, or with negligible difference. You will miss out on a lot of other rarer stuff though.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @Etrigan M32 isn't an expensive craft. 10/20/10/20 should pop out M32 at same rate as that recipe, or with negligible difference. You will miss out on a lot of other rarer stuff though.
    That shouldn't be a problem. I've been dropping plenty of the rarer planes trying for the M32s. I just didn't know if the scrap x 10 drop rate was the same.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    @Etrigan well, in terms of plane crafting, if you still need extra shiden k2 for any equipment upgrade, I strongly suggest you to stick with the Shiden formula. Its dropping rate of M32 is the same as the aforesaid cheaper formula, but just change some of the penguin to the higher tier planes. You will end up saving more resources and time this way rather than building M32 and Shiden with separate formula.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    @211303 Good call, but I think I'm ok. I'm sitting on more than a dozen Shiden K2 right now, and crafted another three while trying for the M32. I should be good for a while, I think triple 25mm and M32s (and now 12cm30s) are my limiting factors on upgrades. And screws. Always screws.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)

Why can't my actual 4-5 LD attempts go this well?

More quests involving bringing DDs to strange places please, Tanaka. DDs give me 1-shot clears everytime.

Even brought the wrong plane on Zara too (it's a SPF, not a scout plane, so she can't arty spot)

it's gotta be that I somehow rolled the transports that are just elites with 80 hp instead of golds. it's gotta be.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

Twitch