Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)

Ship Discussion: Kronshtadt

So you wanted a FreeXP ship that's not a Battleship for a change? Here comes a challenger!

ST, Soviet cruiser Kronshtadt, tier IX

Hit points – 82300. Plating - 25 mm. Armor belt – 230 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 34%.

Main battery - 3х3 305 mm. Firing range – 18.2 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4200. Chance to cause fire – 24%. Maximum AP shell damage - 9000. Reload time - 20 s. 180 degree rotation time - 35.3 s. Maximum dispersion - 242 m. HE initial velocity - 920 m/s. AP initial velocity - 900 m/s. Sigma value – 1.8.

Maximum speed - 33.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 840 m. Rudder shift time – 14.9 s. Surface detectability – 14.3 km. Air detectability – 13 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.4 km.

Available consumables:
    Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
    Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire/Hydroacoustic Search
    Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft
    Slot 4 - Repair Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

The numbers here are preliminary and are subject to change during the ship's testing!
    As you may have already seen, the forums and Reddit are afire since the ship's annoucement.

Last edited by Keyan_TTK; 02-06-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added source

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    I don't belive: this is not a battleship.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2423 Post(s)
    305mm, not a BB. lol

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    What a beefcake of a ship.

But of course its not a battleship. A proper T9 Russian Battleship should have 420mm fusion-reactor-quick-charge railguns with stalinium rounds.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    420mm only? Why should glorious Soviet ship have smaller guns than French bourgeois boat? The Party will not stand such a gaping gun gap!

Also, FREEDOM wants USS Alaska nao, WG.

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tbh, other than the size, it looks like a Hotel to me...

Signature by Fog

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Because 460mm belongs to the T10 battleship. And it can't be more than that or they would renege on their stand to not have larger calibers than that.

That is why superior technology developed and approved by party and carrying the hopes and dreams of the proletariat will make them guns worthy of the Motherland.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    I have doubts about this ship.

The guns make me think of Scharnhorst gun compromises. Which is fine for a Tier VII but not at Tier IX.
    1.8 is BB sigma, not Cruiser.
    I have BBs with better than 242m dispersion. Donskoi has 155m with her 180mm guns and 12.5 second reload (Kron has 20 seconds).

Dmitri Donskoi sails like a pig, Kron will be worse.
    Speed: 36kts / 33.5kts (Iowa is almost as fast)
    Rudder Shift Time: 10.6 seconds / 14.9 seconds (in contrast, Tier VIII USN BB Alabama has 15.3 seconds, Tier X Cruiser Moskva has 10.9 seconds)

This is important to me because I don't think in terms of protection, Kron isn't going to be a Tier IX Moskva. Donskoi has a bad time staying alive via maneuvering, Kron will be worse in that while also being a large target without the protection of Moskva. Even then, outside specific profiles, Moskva can be squishy to the sides. This ship is going to eat large damage from BBs. She may have to rely on Double Steering Mod builds. Of course, doing so negates her natural concealment advantage compared to Donskoi & Moskva.

We're going to have a Cruiser that's large, clumsier to sail than even Moskva. She's going to eat hits like it's cool. Consider also that High Tier ship selection is mostly 4-5 BBs and 4-5 DDs. You'd be lucky to have 3 Cruisers. There's a lot of Big Gun Power in High Tier. Zao, Hindenburg, will have a good time farming this thing. Kron will not have the fast attacks, accuracy to keep up with them. The BBs will love the idea of a large Cruiser that can't sail for shit. Beware Montana and Iowa / Missouri. She also will not have Cruiser firing rates and accuracy to torment the BBs.

The WoWS Battlecruiser works for Tier VII and such, but not for the sheer power and range in High Tier. There's some people salty that we're getting Kronshtadt instead of Alaska. All I know is Alaska would suffer in this game mightily due to the compromises of the game. I've seen Scharnhorsts fail div into Tier X matches and they fail spectacularly. Kron will have a larger HP pool than Scharnhorst but she will go down just as easily. You just can't miss ships this size.

My Montana looks forward to meeting this ship.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 02-07-2018 at 09:50 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    1132 Post(s)
    "Cruiser"

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    You no believe fair and balanced classification of Soviet navy ship, comrade? To gulag with you!

Also, their destroyers are citadel-less cruisers, it seems logical to me that their cruisers are light battleships.