Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)

Game maint/update 16 Feb 2018 patch

The first part of the event and Musashi k2 will be introduced in this patch. Musashi k2 will come with a 5th slot.

The coming event will consist of 7 maps. The first part, which consists of 4 maps, will be introduced on the 16th. The second part will be introduced on the 18th via hotfix. A total of 7 new ships will be introduced in this event.

E3: The First Battle of Cape Engano
    E4: The Battle of Leyte Gulf

A couple of ships will have a slight update on their CG (with those white headband). Zuikaku k2 and k2a will get the new cg they announced in Comptiq.

Zuikaku, Zuihou, Chitose, Chiyoda, Atago, Takao, Choukai and Maya and many other ships are getting new event lines.

The event is expected to start on JST 0330

We will get help from NPC fleet in the night battle sequence in E4

The composition of the ally NPC fleet will change according to your own fleet composition.

Last edited by 211303; 02-16-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    As expected from a flagship, guess now we know who's gonna carry the new FCF.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post

The first part of the event and Musashi k2 will be introduced in this patch. Musashi k2 will come with a 5th slot.
    Wow. That's kind of game changing. Guess I'll put an expansion slot on her now because can get to "fast speed" and still get recon & AP shell. OTOH do wonder what sortie costs will be like.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    over on the Kancolle USA FB group, they posted this sample from the new Comptiq. Looks like the Cranes are also changing for the event.

Attached Images Attached Images

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impstar_Deuce View Post
    over on the Kancolle USA FB group, they posted this sample from the new Comptiq. Looks like the Cranes are also changing for the event.

Yes, that is pretty much the only event related info. Musashi and her 5th slot is also mentioned, but we knew that already. There is also a note on a new equipment that could be equipped on all 6 slots on Musashi k2, but no more info about that either.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    Posting this here since it's regarding Musashi K2 specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    They also use a very strange term describing Musashi k2:

Literally, it means "Yamato class k2 and kai Yamato class".

Perhaps this is a similar case as Suzuya's k2, since the dev describes her as kai Suzuya class as well.

The interview also mentions an unknown new equipment that can be equipped on all 6 slots (including reinforcement) on Musashi k2.
    Speculation for sure, and perhaps I'm not understanding TL fully, but if the language is similar to the pre-K2 Suzuya hints, than would that indicate we get the same situation - i.e. Musashi K2 BB and then can convert to alt form Musashi CVB K2 (essentially Shinano)? Honestly starting to wonder if I should be trying for a second Musashi if the LSC rate is still higher. Hate to do it close to event given cost and RNG, but long term very well may be better than what I have to think will be very high costs (plus pain to re-modernize) switching back and forth. Well, than (even worse), if there another need a BP every time go to CV form requirement (don't like that with Suzuya-class).

Again ,pure speculation on my part, but the above does make me wonder. Personally, I'd rather just have Musashi K2 BB (no alt form), and then put Shinano in the game and be done with it.

As for the new mystery equipment - fine, but really hope either with Musashi K2 or as an event prize, there's at least one 46cm triple kai available.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-10-2018 at 12:46 AM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Kai suzuya class is a reference to a major redesign based on suzuya class. While plans exist for their remodel into carriers, they are masquerading more like a new class that was also planned.

Musashi can just as likely in this case to represent an improved Yamato class, even the A150 design, despite the actually very different core design to Yamato class. We do have a 51cm gun in the game. Either way I think it is a long stretch to draw a connection to Shinano right now.

I have also found little reason to have any dupes for convertible ships unless not having every version all the time triggers you. Some remodels are definitely more practical to have around at all times, and even if musashi has a 10k fuel/remodel cost with a bp, it's still far cheaper to remodel her on the fly than raise a new one, as with any of the other interchangeable remodels. No event has required us to have both versions, or even any out right specific version.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impstar_Deuce View Post
    Looks like the Cranes are also changing for the event.
    Wait to use the ring from the quest chain...justified.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Good info on Suzuya/Kumano though I thought of the alt version as a "what if" nod to plans for remodel rather than some new class. As for Musashi K2, I get the possible nod to A150 plans (and 5th slot sure does seem to indicate that), but A150 is still a BB (super or not). So personally, don't see why there'd be an alt version. As I noted, above was pure speculation based upon apparently similar Suzuya/Kumano language before their K2. Frankly, I'd rather not have alt version for Musashi K2 (not a fan of those anyway, TBH). Much rather have say simply Suzuya & Kumano K2 CAV, and then add Ibuki (when?) to the game (or perhaps a fitting foreign ship) if devs want to add a tanky CVL. Is what it is. At any rate, I'm not sure one can say an alt CVB is entirely outside the realm of possibility given the "odd" language unless I'm missing something (and perhaps I am).

As for dupes of alt/convertible ships, true - not a great deal of reason to have a copy of every single alt version (ex. Asashio K2). That being said, there was a good reason last event to have both Suzuya & Kumano K2 CAV and K2 CVL given branching restrictions, historic ships & fleet comp. Can't remember the map for sure (E-4 I think), but do recall how it would have helped if I had both (and saw a lot of recommended comps with those). "Required"? No, not literally. I was able to get by without getting too stuck, but not afraid to admit probably had a bit of luck there as well. So lesson learned, and reinforced by a recommendation for this event to have both CAV & CVL versions ready. And that's what I did.

One thing about Kumano/Suzuya K2 CVL in particular. You and others may disagree, but for me a BP required every single time you go to CVL is unacceptable. So I paid the upfront cost w/ copies and it's done. IF (and again pure speculation) similar deal with Musashi "K2 CVB", I'd expect the same limitation - perhaps even more (e.g. also requires AAR or gun mat). Now if that's not the case, then different deal & need to revisit. More resources? Sure - certainly a valid point, but one can try to ameliorate that via expeditions and such.

--"No event has required us to have both versions, or even any out right specific version."

Per above, "required" no, but sure would have been useful. In fact, clones of any type are not literally "required". Not sure if you have any clones at all or not, but a lot of players have them (and some resource burn to get those leveled as well). Personally, I'm not a fan of clones, but I absolutely understand why players have them. In fact, I've capitulated and now have a few. Reason's obvious. Makes the game easier. I'm not sure what devs factor into Hard when planning events. Summer 2017 sure seemed to factor in that a lot of players now have waifu fleets. So perhaps a lot of players having clones may be factored into dev event planning as well. Actually, see above about it being helpful last event to have Suzuya & Kumano CVL on top of CAV so maybe devs already doing so.

What does "required" mean anyway? In terms of completing maps/events, as you know this game is all about "taming RNG" or "putting the odds in one's favor". Obviously, there are some minimum requirements - so let's dispense with those, but that leaves quite a bit of grey area. Some examples: How much of a resource stockpile is "required" to clear Hard next event? There's RNG so a player could easily require different amounts if they hypothetically were to clear the event twice with exact same fleet/equip/etc. What's "required" for improvement? Is +3/4/5 enough? More? How about luck modding? How many ships or any at all? What about ship levels for Hard? 70 required? 80? More? You get the point.

In the end, it's still ultimately RNG and how much you helped your cause. "Required" can be less if one is either (A) lucky and/or (B) has a big resource stockpile, time & "sanity" to bash their head against RNG. So if say 20 attempts on final kill isn't enough, maybe 50 or even 100 will do it. If say 100 sorties does, then technically speaking, you had what was "required", but I for one am not interested in that - especially if SparkleColle is "required".

TL:DR - Agree, that there isn't any great need to have all alt versions, but when it comes to specific ships I do not think the issue is all that clear cut. Only a few days left. Maybe (hopefully) this entire discussion will be rendered academic anyway when Musashi K2 released.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-10-2018 at 11:07 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)

Rather late to post, but it is officially announced that we will have new class of DE and a RN dd that is known for fighting hard and luck in the coming event.

(one of the prime suspects of the RN dd:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Jervis)

Last edited by 211303; 02-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.