Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    Thinking need at least one as a reward for an event like this. Summer 2017 gave us both Ark Royal and Richeliue. Expecting at least 1 new IJN DD (if not 2) so that leaves 1-2 spots for capital ship(s).
    Summer '15 had seven new characters and a grand total of zero capital ships for a seven-map event, so no there is no guarantee :D

As for duration, I guess we will find out soon enough, but I am a little concerned since they have never had a large-scale winter event before. The closest being Winter '15's 5 maps back when the difficulty system was introduced, no shenanigans, just straight up fighting (and still considered by a certain section of the playerbase to be the best event ever written for the difficulty system era), and that was just over two weeks long.

This kind of thing obviously isn't going to fly in an age where every map is loaded with ridiculous gimmicks and locks, and there are going to be seven of them? What is more inconvenient is that the event doesn't coincide or at least fall near to any major holidays in the Japanese calendar (neither does the Fall event, but the longest it has gone is for 5 maps or arguably the unlock-fest that was last event). Due to the scheduling and to how complicated the maps are inevitably going to turn out to be, if this event doesn't turn out to be the longest ever in the history of KanColle I would be very surprised.

or the dev team could just do the sensible thing and go back to straightforward maps... but nobody wants to see their prized creations blasted apart in 24 hours by frontliners, do they? arcane unlock mechanics it is.

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 02-15-2018 at 03:19 AM. Reason: i cannot math
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

Twitch

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    And the 2nd part is only released on the 18th.......

Seriously, man, make it the 17th. I only got so many days of holidays.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    @goesto11 No idea. We've gotten 0 hints as to any capital ship.
    Well in the spirit of utter optimism, someone looked at the current official twitter icon and got thirsty...

https://twitter.com/juu_kanoya/statu...35904321671173

*more like 'reuse of art style' but shhh

Last edited by Ferreae; 02-15-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai: Very true about Summer 2015, and yeah, no guarantees. Still, I'd be somewhat disappointed if we don't get a capital ship of some sort - at least one, especially if this plays out as I expect.

Agree This is definitely setting up to be the longest KC event ever, and for me need something on top of DD/DE or even CVE and similar. Good point about the scheduling and lack of holidays, but also I just think this is going to be the "more is better" event. Not a record number of new ship or maps (yet), but have to think this is going to play out longer given all the gimmicks and such. Combine last two events and you'll get a longer event than Summer 2017 which was already quite long.

As for Winter 2015, I that is my favorite event. Admittedly, somewhat still in my "honeymoon" phase for the game, but regardless, I had a blast playing that event even though I didn't get the 1st class medal (didn't try - farmed instead b/c not enough resources for both). Just a good, solid fun event IMO (and for me the anime OP/ED music was a plus). Winter 2015 was more straightforward which isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. Some gimmicks are fine, but where do you draw the line? More =/= better. I know that some liked all the unlocks and such, but personally I think events work better with moderation in that regard.

Granted event hasn't started, but I DO wonder about Spring 2018. This is the final, big finish event for "KC 1.0" but are we going to get a big splash event for start of Spring 2018. Don't think back to back large events will work all that well. Kind of like the "old format" of 1 large, 1 small and 2 medium, though again go back to the gimmicks. Last event played a lot larger than it's map size would indicate.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Ferreae: Interesting, but while Iowa may be reintroduced, probably the RN DD.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4858 Post(s)
    @Ferreae BB-63, return of most volleyballs.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    @goesto11 almost assuredly. The colour and pattern on the cuff matches the picture of her from the screen the other month, and the hair is a good match for what was shown.

Just hope springs eternal, as do accusations of the artists tracing their work, etc :P

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Pretty sure its....a joke.

There really is zero evidence for another capital. So rather than speculate on that, I'm more curious about the RN DD.

We get to see part of her rigging for the first time, even though we got a look at the girl herself last year. While I was almost ready to agree it would be HMS Jervis, the rigging there doesn't match Jervis in any of her configs from launch, 1940 or 1945. So I'm not very sure again.

Last edited by DLRevan; 02-15-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    @DLRevan have any other candidates? Clincher people latched on is the ship being referred to as 'fortunate' (in the one-arm, one-leg blind dog named 'Lucky' sense I suppose)

Personally would rather see a ship that was at least in the theater, say HMAS Arunta (though she was laid in Australia, so maybe the Napier?)

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: That was good detective work on the overlay. But yes, doesn't necessarily mean anything for sure. That being said, would not surprise me if Iowa is reintroduced this event. NOT saying she will be, but wouldn't surprise me if she was.

@DLRevan: Yep, zero evidence of a capital ship. Can't remember exactly when we got hits of capital ships for previous events so not sure if we normally would by now or not. Then again, KC 1.0 finale so maybe devs are keeping things more under wrap.

The new ships are fine, but I am interested in the yet to be revealed ones as well. Is this going to be Summer 2015 or more like Summer 2017? Have to bet on at least one IJN DD so that leaves up to 2 TBD. JMO and all, but if this event plays out as expected, would really like more than DD/DE/AV/AO/etc./etc. for new ships.

As for the RN DD, like many I thought HMS Jervis, but perhaps not.

Last edited by goesto11; 02-15-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Typo (didn't mean to put CV in list)
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I knew the preview from the Fourth Naval Review was here on the site somewhere...

- - - Updated - - -

so, going back to speculation:

1. DE (probably Hiburi from Sado's voice line)
    2. Second DE (maybe Mikura or Ukuru?)
    3. Possible USN CVE? (White Plains or Gambier Bay)
    4. RN DD
    5. IJN DD (most probably another Kamikaze sister)
    6. You know what? Complete madness! CVL Ibuki
    7. CA HMAS Australia (damaged during the battle)

Whadda ya think, mates? ;) Another crazy theory: They're saving Shinano for the Spring event/Phase II
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!