Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    @firemagnet I didn't. It wasn't out when I did my batch download. Still to come: DxD, Full Metal Panic, Hisone to Masotan, Isekai Izakaya, To Be Hero and FLCL.
    FLCL doesn't come out for another month though?

Rep
    Mentioned
    4855 Post(s)
    @firemagnet I know, but I'll be watching it and posting my thoughts when it does come out. Still counted as this season.

Rep
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Since people already did it then I'll post my thoughts on the shows I'm currently watching and why they interested me, they're listed in no particular order and I won't add sequels:

-Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu: This might be a hit or miss for many, but it's been a while since I watched a sci-fi comedy so I decided to give it a shot, it's pretty decent so far and since it's a short then I don't consider it a huge waste of time.

-Golden Kamuy: First episode was kinda bad since the CGI animals turned people off a lot, but the second episode was a major step up and the story is pretty enjoyable, I can say that this anime is pretty much like a Tarantino film.

-Uma Musume Pretty Derby: Yes, the weird mix of racing idol horse girls is being pretty much enjoyable so far. I can tell that they put a lot of effort in this show so it's worth a watch, mostly because the MC is not your typical underachiever that wants to get stronger by deus ex machinas.

-Cutie Honey Universe: Another Nagai series brought back to life, what I kinda hate about it is that the firt episode doesn't explain anything about the world or why things are happening, it's a huge blow for new watchers but I do hope it does dive into it's backgrounds instead of expecting you to remember the plot of the original show and it's sequels... other than that I like watching it, mostly because Cutie Honey is pretty much the grandmother of all ecchi shows.

-Persona 5: I can that it's a hype show and I love it, they really did a good job with the adaptation and even thought it's the same thing as the game I do expect to see some original stuff in future episodes.

-SAO: Gun Gale Online: I'm legit surprised, it turned out to be a decent show so far and I am happy, I enjoy the GGO arc the most out of the SAO universe... which is sadly probably one of the few things about SAO.

-Hisone to Maso-san: When you get yourself used to the rare artstyle, I can say that we probably have a sleeper/underrated gem of this season, the story is interesting and fun enough to keep me entertained.

-Mahou Shoujo Site: Yes, this show is the edgiest thing of the season... so edgy that it will cut you, however I believe it has potential to become something decent on it's own accord instead of being a tryharding copy of Madoka... some scenes and stuff are bit too much tho.

-Hinamatsuri: The heartwarming show of the season, I love it a lot, the comedy is on point and the characters are lovely. I can honestly say that it's one of my favorites of this season.

-Wotaku: This is another really good comedy, I was craving for another adult-related comedy like Recovery of an MMO Junkie and this show really delivered, the first episode is pretty fun so I hope it keeps getting better.

-Megalo Box: The dark horse of the season and a must watch in my opinion, I honestly love the old school feeling this show gives and the characters (specially the MC) are pretty good, I will be legit sad if this show fumbles somehow but I honestly don't think that such thing will happen.

-Steins;Gate 0: Time to delve into the darkest of timelines, after so many years I was waiting for another adaptation and so far it's living up to the hype, granted it's just the first episode but I can honestly say it will get even better from there.

-Captain Tsubasa 2018: I love this remake but what kinda irks me is that the character design looks really outdated and lazy... sure, it's the same of the old anime to keep the feeling but I was expecting an update somehow, regardless I love it and I can't wait for more episodes.

-Legend of the Galactic Heroes: I love the first two episodes but I'm kinda worried because I have no idea how they're gonna cram 100+ episodes of the old series in just 12... this is one of my favorite series of all time and I don't wanna see it becoming bad due too bad pacing and stuff, but other than that it's a pretty enjoyable show even thought I wish that the spaces battles were more dynamic...

And that's pretty much what I have to say about this season, I hope all these shows remain enjoyable till the end.

Last edited by Kranesh; 04-17-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori - Handsome men doing handsome things. But yeah, it's a slice of life about 4 dudes running a restaurant. It's a pretty decent show even if you're not into dudes. Swap them with girls and the story wouldn't change a bit. Well except an all girl cast would have implied yuri. All in all another comfy anime to keep you comfy during the week.
    It's basically what I've been doing to see If a show is good or not. :) Simply swap the characters genders, if the show become interesting or boring, means we're just being bias toward certain gender. But some shows, even if you swap the gender and you still love them, it just mean the show is just really good show, for example Hinamatsuri, Megalo Box, etc.

But there also some certain show which you think is bad. And then you swap the genders and they are still bad. It means the show just simply really bad show. For example, what was that show again, they were playing death match Oh-sama game? >__<

Last edited by Mikan; 04-17-2018 at 12:25 PM.