Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    @Leyana It's the potato meme alright. It's the collective negativity that brings it all down. Collective negativity so pervasive in the last few months here I don't know why I haven't cut myself off from all of it.

Eureka moment there.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    4864 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Looking at all Shibafu's recent work: Sho-go Mogami, Mitsukoshi Kaga, Mitsukoshi Taiyou. Then we get this piece of shittato.

She could've looked good.

Instead we got one of his worst works so far. It's like we're back at launch again.

2 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2405 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    It's like we're back at launch again.
    To be fair, he have the excuse of phrase 2 launch :P

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7828 Post(s)
    @Leyana Well they did release a hotfix to try make it better. It's not much of a change but it does make her a little better.

@goesto11 A fourth slot would have been nice. I think her being 14/12/6/2 would have been pretty acceptable. But they gave her the Houshou/ Kasugamaru treatment of only having 2 slots base.I'm not educated on ship scematics enough to understand their reasoning why.
    Also
    it absolutely is a fair comparison with Taiyou,
    ok lets do that.
    [+] Spoiler

Seems reasonable to me.

Will only return for Yuzuki.

Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    @Leyana
    Saw this and just had to comment on it. I never really understood the cult following appeal for shibafu's art, as most of his work to me just looks bland and copy/pasted. With how big of a brand KC is, how hard can it be to afford better individual artists or at least give credit to the ones who already do consistently good work? Or do you think they keep his work going because he started at launch and is seen as a pillar of the KC community?

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Shadowfury
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Fog I wouldn't be surprised if its a combination of unwillingness to drop artists (inevitably people will wonder where they went and they don't want to explain that to everyone, including other artists), they seem unwilling to let other artists do CGs of characters (see Samidare, Suzukaze, Murakumo) which is a bigger deal given how many characters Shibafu has done, and plain inertia, a feeling that they'd honestly survive this

Rep
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @Fog I think that my personal like for Shibafu as an artist is in that his style is really unique nowadays (looks like oil painting imo) and a lot of the artwork he has done for world of tanks and such are really pretty. He isn't that good at character design though and as such we either get the copy/paste feel or designs that are rather plain; which can work sometimes (Taiyo for example imo) but for a ship as hyped as Intrepid disappointment was always going to be a lot of peoples reaction.

Rep
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    There is a very big difference between Gambier Bay and Taiyou. Gambier Bay is 8kts in displacement, same as Houshou, while Taiyou is a good 18kt. Jeep carriers are strictly for transporting aircraft, her stats really shouldn't be surprising.

Also was everyone really expecting Yoshinori to do USN again? You do realise this is a fleet x20 the size of the IJN, with Konishi being tasked with the Royal Navy, another navy that's x20 the size of the IJN, it's rather silly to think only Yoshinori is gonna do USN.

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today," Admiral David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty. Battle of Jutland, 1916

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5133 Post(s)

The event will last for 4.5 weeks.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    Someone's tweeting shibafu...

It's really hard to feel sorry for weeaboos sometimes...