Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Wow. A k2 out of nowhere. When I heard the CVL in need of k2 is Gambler Bay lol.

Not that I am opposed though. Kai Ni Tamagoyaki should taste better right?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    Please refer to the top post for further update

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Another convertible? Looks like it's time to keep a lookout to retain another Tamagoyaki. Hopefully they don't need a flight deck. <--reason I have not remodel clone Kasuga Maru since Tayou k2 needs 1

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)

And yeah, they have encountered a big problem in terms of EO, AGAIN. Saying they will try to be as quick as possible.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Aahahahaha Gambier sucks to be y-

*Cough*

I mean....wow what a surprise. The k2 is one of our existing ships...making it difficult to actually keep up with all the remodels here.

This explains why they've been so silent on Zuihou when this is just as much zuihou's event as zuikaku's. I imagine she'll have many more custom lines for EO.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    All for Zuihou K2 (or Hiyou/Shouhou,etc.), but, WTF? Even WITH a K2 and essentially = "USN Taiyou", G Bay is (IMO) barely a sufficient prize for E-4, and E-4 equipment rewards are not that good either. Not up to what that map requires. So to me, Tanaka f'd this one up by not having G Bay with a "built in" 2nd remodel like Taiyou got (who would have sucked without a Kai/K2). Guess Tanaka's not a fan of Taffy 3 ships or something. So... thanks for the useless trophy CVL, Tanaka. SMH. At this rate, just have to hope Intrepid turns out well :/

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Think you underestimate what Gambier Bay means for players who don't have Taiyou, particularly in this event when casuals and new players (and yes, there seem to actually still be a fair number of new players) getting to E4 and bagging her isn't a pipe-dream on the 4th difficulty. That fourth difficulty, to me, has changed the level of stakes for map reward ships.

As for me, the fact that she is an ASW/TP fleet capable carrier that I can use in locking is already well and good enough. I don't need Taiyou stats, I just need a ship with the right class traits.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)

You should find Zuihou's k2 ready now when you refresh. On another news, this tweet also hints that one of the EO maps will be the 2nd battle of Egano.

- - - Updated - - -

And for Zuihou's basic stat:

Zuihou k2:

Zuihou k2 B:

You can see that Zuihou k2 is easily the best fast CVL in game now, with decent slot distribution, stat and mid range.

The notable change of her k2 B form would be long range and high ASW stat. Would need to do some test to see what her properties are.

Well, it seems she can be sortied in a TCF in the k2 B form, and she can also do OASW. Pretty much a better Taiyou in this case.

Last edited by 211303; 02-21-2018 at 02:23 PM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Huge upgrade for her stats....Hp and armor values went up quite a bit. Blame Suzuya and Kumano I guess, they escalated the standard for basic stats. Carrier worthy firepower too.

Range is also something new. Long range for a CVL...

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    @DLRevan they did a very good job here. Both forms are useful in their own sense, and the conversion cost is cheap enough that constant switching is not a big problem.

K2 is the traditional fast CVL, and pretty much the best one comparing to all the others we have. The Suzuya sisters are slightly tougher, but their slot and no. of planes are rather bad.

K2 B will assume Taiyou's role in TCF, except that since she is fast, no speed ban could stop her. She also has 3 ~18 slot, meaning she is extremely good for 5-4. Long range is not a good characteristics for a CVL in STF/CTF though. This is probably a feature to distinguish the role of both forms.