Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Nah, not really, and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks G Bay's stats and 3 slots, well... suck, given what I've read here and elsewhere.

If this is "fine" for GB, then why bother with Taiyou K2 at all? Taiyou Kai's stats are certainly comparable, bit less FP, but FOUR slots (big deal, as you well know) more HP/armor, etc. Oh, and she also has a HUGE ASW stat and can do OASW with only 65 (which is super easy to get). CAN GBay even DO OASW? If not, then it's not even close with Taiyou KAI let alone K2. Throwing this in randomly, but yes, Houshou K2 is long over due as well.

To me the 4th difficulty changes nothing. At least it shouldn't. Thinking should not be "because [adj] Casual difficulty, lets nerf ship rewards". Nope. Do it right, or don't do it at all - especially with foreign ships which are rare. Look at Jervis. With only a Kai remodel she sure seemed to get very nice treatment w/ CG and stats - like another Shigure K2. Only what, 3 less total NB power? (FYI - DO NOT CARE if drop only). So why the nerf (i.e. no K2) with GBay? Even if you want say this helps newer players, what would help newer players - no, all players, even more is a better GBay, and she sure as hell isn't going to be "hax/op" even if K2 was a bit better than Taiyou K2. Speaking of better...

Per 211303's post concerning Zuihou CVL "Well, it seems she can be sortied in a TCF in the k2 B form, and she can also do OASW. Pretty much a better Taiyou in this case." [emphasis added]. Welp, now even LESS use for Gbay. "Good job", Tanaka. Honestly, Zuihou's very good K2, just makes me wonder more about no GBay K2. I mean, here's a ship practically screaming "Taiyou K2 alternative", and Zuihou K2 "normal" form still makes her the BEST CVL in the game now, so why even bother with a Zuihou K2 B? Have Zuihou K2 (no alt) and add a "correction" K2 for GBay. Now players have TWO different useful ships. Maybe you disagree, but I think that's better.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. If you're fine with "Aahahahaha Gambier sucks to be y-" level of performance, then congrats on being happy with the ship. Me, nope. Given Taiyou K2 precedent (also, see Gangut as well. Right call for built in K2 with her), absolutely no excuse not to have a K2 for GBay. SMH. Now I really do wonder how Intrepid is going to turn out now.

- - - Updated - - -
    @211303: Just want to confirm (looking at KC Wikia now). NO BP/AAR/etc. for K2 - just level 80, and can switch back and forth between forms, right? Not sure what the cost is, but doesn't seem to be much(???)

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by goesto11; 02-21-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    @goesto11 yes, only lv80. As for the conversion cost, it is 180 ammo, 80 steel, 20 burner and 5 dev mat.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1465 Post(s)
    @211303: Mine's at level 99 so no issues there. The cost is nothing. Capped on flamethrowers & plenty of dev mats. Still, bit of a pain to re-moderinze. With no BP cost, I bet a lot of players will just get a clone, especially since Zuihou is now best in class for both CVL and "Taiyou" alternative.

Lastly, do you know about G Bay & any OASW capability? AFAIK, it's just TCF able and that's it. I'm pretty much just use KC Wikia and here for info so I might have missed something.

Thanks again.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @211303: Mine's at level 99 so no issues there. The cost is nothing. Capped on flamethrowers & plenty of dev mats. Still, bit of a pain to re-moderinze. With no BP cost, I bet a lot of players will just get a clone, especially since Zuihou is now best in class for both CVL and "Taiyou" alternative.

Lastly, do you know about G Bay & any OASW capability? AFAIK, it's just TCF able and that's it. I'm pretty much just use KC Wikia and here for info so I might have missed something.

Thanks again.
    She can trigger OASW

Last edited by 211303; 02-21-2018 at 04:04 PM.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    so nobody's datamined what Hamanami, Tashkent and Intrepid look like yet? That's kinda surprising....

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    @Impstar_Deuce it is not in the master data yet, meaning it will take quite some time till they are ready to release the EO. You can usually find these new data at around 30min before the actual release.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @Impstar_Deuce it is not in the master data yet, meaning it will take quite some time till they are ready to release the EO. You can usually find these new data at around 30min before the actual release.
    So the EOs aren't actually up yet, they just released info on Zuihou?

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)
    @Impstar_Deuce yes, they said they screwed up something, and is trying to fix it right now. There is no further schedule as to when they expected to release the EO.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Frankly, I don't see why there are expectations that Gambier Bay should be better just because she's a ship reward. We have had worse, ships who are little more than dead-weight. She already has far more use than say, Aquila. She is also not an end of event award. That's why I laughed, I had a feeling she wouldn't get a K2 today because she's good enough, but many people would be up in arms just because of quibbling details like stats that barely matter for her role.

You can't say that just cause it doesn't change things for you, it doesn't matter. The 4th difficulty changes things for some players. Accept it.

Perhaps you have forgotten the new player experience. Leveling ships is harsh on new players and casuals, Zuihou needs level 80 for remodel, a level casuals are unlikely to have reached with her since she was a a reserve fast CVL most of the time previously. You can get Gambier Bay from E4 on the 4th difficulty, and get her up to her remodel level with ship levels nowhere near 80. With sorties counts nowhere near whats needed to get a specific ship to 80. Not only that, the game already has a plethora of other ships in the level 70-80 range that are 'required' if you're ever to break out of 3rd/4th difficulty.

You also don't see that it doesn't matter to them if Gambier has poorer stats, or 3 slots. All that matters is that she's an accessible special use CVL. She does her job. They can delay leveling Zuihou so they can get their Abukuma's and Tone's. That's good enough for them. Tell me, what can Gambier Bay not do in particular due to her stats? Taiyou is too good at her job, and now probably Zuihou K2 Kou too, you're not making a fair comparison for the job these three special CVLs need to do.

She already helps just by being one for any player, not just new players, she doesn't need to be better.
    Just take this for example, now I can use one in a typical E1 map, lock another one in a transport map, and use the last (likely Zuihou) in a combined fleet combat map. And I don't need dupes.

Gambier's stats could be better, but the fact that she does not doesn't take away from this usefulness. So I don't see why its such a huge deal unless you really just feel that cheated getting anything at all that isn't a destroyer for a map reward, no matter what map that is.

Don't compare it to Gangut, in her case she had remodels reflecting her historical renaming/refits, and without her third remodel she wouldn't even be a weaker battleship with special properties, she'd just be our weakest, generic FBB.

Don't compare it with Jervis either. That's a destroyer with a great combat record, and in the tune of other foreign destroyers, unlikely to ever get a k2.

And no, most players already don't have dupes for other convertibles. With a remodel cost that low, there's frankly even less reason to get a dupe, especially if you have her close to or at level 99.

Just try looking a the pros. And Gambier Bay can and will be a happier story. Start fishing for things like "what if she doesn't even do lower stat OASW" (she does, and in fact there is some indication certain equipment may even lower the requirement), and you'll find fault with everything.

Last edited by DLRevan; 02-21-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    If the EO postponement stretches this far, I might even be able to get back half of my spent resources.