Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7827 Post(s)

Event reward overview; Winter's crown 2/26 - 3/15

Ok so lets go over the rewards for this event, what's good, what's bad and what's just there.

Equipment

萤火虫T0 (Firefly)
    402x2 damage, 11.11s rearm, Dive Bomber.
    Carries 4 20mm cannons for AA and 2 1000lbs bombs.

Honestly, since it has no special attributes it's load out is almost identicle to the BTD-1. The Firefly is just over half a second faster than the BTD-1 counterpart but only drops 1000lb bombs instead of 1600lbs making it's damage noticably lower. It's good if you lack divebombers but since the BTD-1 is basically a better version and the SB2C is still vastly superior to both it's just a collectors item.

火把T0 (Firebrand) 288x3 damage, 11.64s rearm Torpedo bomber
    Carries 4 20mm cannons and 3 common torpedoes.

It's damage is stronger than the 818 Swordfish squadron but lacks the 818's slowdown ability. Infact it actually matches the Barracuda T3's torpedo damage per flight. However it has a slightly longer rearm time than the Barracuda and I doubt it has the Barracuda's Kamikaze damage. It pretty much can be interchanged with the Barracuda T3 for those who lack it, the difference in rearm is around 2/3's of a second. It's probably the better of the two planes given out as rewards.

Ships

King George V -class: Duke of York
    As a King George V class, her stats are comparable to her sistership the Prince of Wales. However unlike the Prince of wales, her skills are much more aggressive.
    Her red skill Blood Mist Sonata causes a 40% slow for 6 seconds on all it hits and occurs quite frequently maxed out, at once every 20 seconds. This gives the slow a 3/10ths uptime. As it's not % chance based this skill is actually quite good with DD fleets as it's frequent enough to aid in landing torpedoes as well as her own BB Shelling.
    Her yellow skill Lamenting Death causes the damage of her first shelling each battle to increase to up to 50% and causes the target to take up to 12% extra damage for 8 seconds.

Her stats are pretty good and since her skills 100% chance to occur she's a consistent offensive battleship, with Blood Mist Sonata constant stops her being entirely front loaded and keep her usefulness over battles that last longer than 30 seconds. Overall a pretty solid BB. She isn't Hood-tier broken (thank god) but she's still a pretty consistent damage dealer. I wouldn't be too surprised if she ends up being the strongest gold British battleship currently when used in full British fleets

Illustrious -class: Victorious
    She has a Fighter/Dive bomber/Torpedo bomber plane layout, in a 2/3/3 set up with 130% efficiency in both offensive planes making her pretty decent mixed damage dealer although her stats aren't amazingly high in either her reload or air power they are not bad either.
    Her first skill Victory Song however makes it clear what role she plays. Victory song is a passive skill that boosts all her damage against BB damage by up to 20%, and also reduces damage from indirect shots (BB shelling) by up to 20%
    Her second skill is a standard Aircraft carrier strike boost, giving her a maximum 25% chance to do double damage when attacking with her planes.

Overall she's a offensive support carrier to be used against BB heavy fleets able to increase her own damage while decreasing the damage received. As her plane slots and % are offensive lean her damage isn't bad either so she's pretty usable in a supporting role and quite the counterpart to her sistership Illustrious. Where Illustrious is anti-carrier with her heavy fighter loadout, Victorious is focused more on supporting allied BB.

Town -class: Sheffield
    A first-gen model of the same class as the third-gen Edinburgh and Belfast light cruisers. Her stats are comparable to Edinburgh but with a small hit to torpedo efficiency. Unlike Edinburgh whose only skill is a selfish damage boost against heavier armoured opponents, Sheffield actually comes with two skills.
    Her first skill Sheffield Shine gives her allies an 8% chance to reduce attack damage received by 30% on the condition that their HP at the start of battle was lower than her own. Her maid work is outstanding.
    Her second skill, Barents Sea Counterattack is a historical reference to where she and Jamaica had a scattered battle with Admiral Hipper and Deutschland who were raiding a convoy. That itself is more interesting than the skill, which gives a 12% crit chance boost and increased crit damage by 30%

She's pretty much comparable to Edinburgh, her statline is around the same but while Edinburgh gets a bonus against armored foes Sheffield has two RNG based skills, one with a small chance to reduce damage and another with a chance to crit. Overall she's not that great.
    She also doesn't wear underwear according to her artist because it gets in the way of her job.

Crown Colony -class: Fiji

Another light cruiser, Fiji has rather average stats for a british light cruiser. her efficiency is only 120% in her main guns, but 145% in her torpedoes making her a torpedo focused cruiser. Her anti-air is strangely really low however.
    Her unique skill Battle of Crete, is named after the battle she fought off german airpower until she ran out of anti-air ammunition and sunk. However despite this fate the skill is actually quite useful for her rarity, Every 20 seconds she reduces enemy damage by 8% and increases her anti-air ability by 40% for 6 seconds

She's not a groundbreaking ship, but her skill makes her a modest budget anti-air ship. If she had a better anti-air stat (which is rather low) she'd be pretty good. Sadly I doubt she'll see much use outside those who like her design.

Crown Colony -class: Jamaica
    Similar her sister ship above stat wise, except with higher base Anti-Air, there isn't really much to say about her stat line as it's inline with the rest of the British light cruisers.
    Her unique skill, Partners of Justice boosts her shelling and torpedo stats by 15% when sortied with Sheffield.

An offensive ship compared to Fiji, she relies on being sortied with Sheffield to actually get those damage boosts. Sheffield however couldn't care less if Jamaica is around. With the damage boosts though, Jamaica's damage is actually pretty respectable for a British light cruiser with her passive active but as that passive skill is all she has the damage she climbs to just isn't enough. She may actually become a really strong offensive British light cruisers if she gets a remodel and a second skill.

M-class: Matchless

Her base stats are quite something, she has the highest base (but not highest total as Javelin's rockets up with her remodelling) torpedo stat of British destroyers and pretty decent stats all around.
    Her first skill is a copy of Tanikaze's Kai skill. 17% chance that when a torpedo hits an enemy it's flared to receive 40% more damage from any follow up torpedoes. A solid skill, especially with homing torpedoes on Matchless as if it occurs with the first torpedo she lands her following hits get affected by the 40% boost.
    Her second skill is pretty interesting, it's not a 'unique' skill but she's the first to have it (as far as I know) Every 20 seconds, she has a 25% chance to reduce one enemy ships damage and rate of fire for up to 10 seconds, prioritising humanoid opponents in PvE. The skill itself has no numbers on how much it reduces, if it's a flat reduction or % but the skill itself can be pretty good for both PvP and bosses.

Her stats are quite decent and her supportive skill set makes her a pretty useful British DD. She's not a pocket-smoke Belfast-light like C class nor a huge damage dealer like Javelin. She fits more as a counterpart to F-class destroyer remodels who both have main-fleet damage protection. she reduces the enemies offensive capability instead. Depending on the numbers on this reduction the skill can be either really useful or rather useless. Sachiko Matchless' first skill is useful, but Tanikaze's higher base torpedo stat makes better use of it.

M-class: Musketeer
    Slightly higher baseline torpedo than matchless but the same in her other stats she's got very solid stats for a non-kai British destroyer.
    Her first skill is a bit different to Matchless, it's more selfish but the reward payoff is more consistent. Her torpedoes' damage goes up to 12% every 20 seconds and stacks 8 times, so the theoretical bonus she could get is a 96% boost to her torpedo damage after 2 minutes 40 seconds. However your battles shouldn't take that long. It takes her 80 seconds before her torpedo boost scales higher than Matchless' % chance skill which means she would be hitting her higher numbers on bosses.
    The skill is also incredibly level dependant at level one it is only a 4.5% boost which is not very good at all.

Overall she will be putting out high numbers, but only in prolonged fights if she survives. She has no other skills or any defensive skills to help her reach those numbers. She may see use on maps that take over a minute per battle, or on maps with a longer than 3 minute timer but other than that she just doesn't have the time to ramp up. That said it's a sure-fire boost unlike Matchless' 17% chance so her damage while lower is more stable.

2 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by KotoNano; 03-04-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Will only return for Yuzuki.

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7827 Post(s)
    Added Musketeer.
    Feels Bad I'm too sick to grind

Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    So far I hate every ship that has a slowdown. Desperately need that skill on a ship I actually play. Kuku...

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great review, thanks for it, but I'd like to ask something.

Victory song is a passive skill that boosts all BB damage by up to 20%

I would like to confirm wheter her skill really boost BBs dmg or if it buffs her dmg against BBs

Koumakan wiki
    states: Increases own damage against Battleships
    Google translation from JP wiki states: Damage to own battleship is increased (which the meaning is ambiguous imo)
    Google translation from CN wiki states: Increases damage done to battleships

I know google translation isn't something very reliable, but since the information from at least 2 wikis is different than yours, I'd like to ask who is right

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7827 Post(s)
    @Failnaught I never use that wiki because I had a few people who 'worked' on it (did nothing) slander me out the ass because I said I didn't want to work on it. I mostly use the CN Wiki (since that's the version i play) and have a friend translate things that get too hard to understand.

The error was on my part, completely fucked up understanding what I was told when they translated it, it is her own damage. Thanks for pointing that out though! I did write it early in the morning for me so these things happen.