Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    935 Post(s)

Slow game connection, except on Edge browser

I have a curious problem. Strictly speaking, I don't think it's really a Kancolle problem, but I'm going to ask anyway because hell if I'm going to let this thing stop me from finishing E7.

The last day or so, my kancolle has slowed to a crawl. Sometimes so slow, it fails to load up at all. When I do manage to get in, I seem to be getting served resources at about 1kb/s when I check the network activity. Some of my friends had the same issue for about half a day, only for it to go away.

I changed my connection to a 2nd independent one, though its still connected to my area and using the same ISP (didn't work). Checked if I could connect to DMM and other japan-based websites (I could). Then I checked KC mobile, and realized the mobile version works fine on both connections, making me think it was Chrome related, or some configuration on my PC. Reinstalled chrome, also tried running without KC3 (the extension is one of the common things between all my friends who were affected), didn't work. I tried running it on vanilla Chromium, which didn't work. Then I tried Firefox, which also didn't work.

Then I tried it on Microsoft Edge browser...and it works perfectly. I have no clue why it works when it didn't on Chromium/Chrome/Firefox but does on Edge and mobile, and I admit I don't know enough about Edge to guess.

And i'm hoping someone here does.

Last edited by DLRevan; 03-14-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm having a similar problem. The game will crash on Chrome, freezing windows and causing me to have to quit out of the browser and restart it. When I try to use it on Safari, I get bombarded with catbombs. I also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, did nothing.

And of course this happens three days before the event ends....

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: I tried using Firefox (I'm on a MacBook Pro) and that seems to be running smoothly. We'll see...

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    after the event, i've gone back to using Chrome and KC3 Kai and it's working just fine. Go figure.

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!