Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Oh, before I forgot for the nth time, this event's new radar caused my 10* type T21 kai to be obsolete >.>

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    @ofi123 T21 kai 10 stars is still superior, thanks to the fleet AA stats provide by improvment: the SK+SG has 3.6 fleet AA, the 21 Kai has 2 fleet AA, but gain +4.74 with 10 stars.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    @Murrue

Hmm, didn't notice that since I was just comparing Maya's plane shoot down in kc3kai's. I wonder how much difference would that make though.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5031 Post(s)

BTW, the Shou-gou medal you get will differ according to the mode you picked in E7. The hard mode version will have a golden spark while the med one is silver in color. The easy mode one will show a very dim spark, while the casual mode one will not spark.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ofi123 well, to put it into perspective, you whole fleet will kill around one more plane with max t21 comparing to SK+SG.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    H-H-H-M-H-H-C

Event was ok.

Couldn't play during February and I started 2nd week of March. Too many real life distractions to actually play properly until the last week where I tried to blitz all 3 EO maps.

Saw the reviews for E4 so I immediately went Medium there.

E5 and E6 were easy mostly because everything has been analyzed by the time I played. I just copied/modified people's load-outs to fit my fleet.

I regret waiting too long on the event since I didn't have time to do E7M, I started E6H 2 days before the deadline and finished it with 12 hours to spare. Didn't want to lose Intrepid so I went full Casual. Finished with 5 hrs left on the clock so I tried to farm Bismarck... gave up with 2hrs left and pushed myself to farm Tashkent and Hamanami.

Got Tashkent (Which I didn't think possible because my passing rate at E6 was atrocious even with the subtank strategy). 20 Minutes left and I tried to farm Hamanami, didn't succeed so this is the first time in a long while that I couldn't complete the event ships.

2 missing ships left:
    Hamanami and Taihou.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cleared the event in H-H-N-N-E-E-N

Overall, while it wasn't perfect I really liked this event thanks to the BGMs, CG and voiced lines which managed to give a fitting atmosphere for a decisive battle event, and hearing the lines of Musashi, Zuikaku and Shoukaku after clearing E-7 made it feel worth the efforts spent into beating this event.

While my fleet isn't too horrible, after going through this event I feel like I my fleet needs an overhaul on some girls levels, and a bunch of work on equipment, be it improvements or quests to unlock gears as what I currently have felt kind of lacking. I guess taking months of hiatus due to being distracted and not doing much more than seldomly sending expeditions will do that...
    If not for those two issues and my lack of ressources, I might have tried clearing E5, E6 in med/hard, and E7 in hard, but it was not really realistic with my current fleet's state and my lack of strike force FCF for E5/E6. At least, doing E6 in easy made it rather simple to return farming for Tashkent.

As for my hauler this time around, I guess I didn't do badly as I've gotten all new girls from this event and a few others I previously missed, so I'm rather satisfied even if I didn't get all girls I planned to such as Richelieu and Hatakaze as I missed their events. Now time to bite my fingers for missing the Fall event and wait for Suzutsuki's eventual return as a drop.

This being said, thanks to those who made guides and helped on discord or twitch chats, it made things quite easier (─‿‿─)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Amadoki; 03-24-2018 at 12:46 PM.

まったく駆逐艦は最高だぜ!

IGN
    Gidemo
    Server
    Buin Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2295 Post(s)
    Cleared the event fully on H-M-M-M-E-E-C (as seems to be my usual these days).

I found this event both uplifting and annoying. The former due to all the historical emphasis and fluff, the latter with all the gimmicks and hoops to jump through to get the maps done. I've always liked looking at history and thinking of 'what-if' scenarios, so actually playing through them is always fun. The NPC friend fleets with their intros got me smiling every time, even if sometimes they didn't do much of anything. The myriad unlocks and shortcuts were tedious, sure, but they were helping to tell a story even if many of us couldn't understand it in real-time.

Everything in my checklist was done, despite running out of fuel at E4M, taking a day or two between EO map clears to restock and literally sailing on fumes farming for everyone but Daitou (who had appeared during one of my failed E4 LD runs) afterwards. They came pretty readily for the most part, with both Tashkent and Hamanami taking a mere 19 sorties post-clear each to find (Jervis was found 5 sorties before Hamanami, for the record). My drop luck isn't usually this good, but perhaps RNG was showing some pity on me...

Never really looked at how much I burned until now, but hoo boy was there a lot. Here's what I started with.
    [+] Spoiler

And when everything was said and done...
    [+] Spoiler

As said before, that's not including the times I had to stop and restock. One heck of a 'final event' indeed.

I'd like to send regards to the few who hung out in my streams, the information-gatherers and the front line. You all are amazing.

"Look around you and ask yourself: Has the battle been won, or lost?"
    Enlistment: A Story from the Observer (Part Thirty-three Complete!)
    Twitch | Status: Offline

IGN
    Archaide
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Full hard clear, by far my favorite event since AL/MI.

Resources spent clearing: 16th = E1-4, 21st = E5 and 28th = E6 and E7

End of E1 farm:

(Missing 3 days worth of phone runs but close enough)

Mostly glad I got to clear before they nerfed E7 but that cost me not being able to farm Iowa dupes, can't win em all I guess. It was fun semi-frontlining on E1-5 even if it ended up making things harder but it helped people down the line so worth it I guess.