Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Regard to equipment slot and submarine usage

According to wikia, the equipment slot directly affect performance? I just got Junyou and it recommended to equip fighter on the smallest slot and bomber on the first if possible. Is there penalty if I don't follow this? And is this also applied to other class like DD or CL?

Another is how to use submarine, I just got I-168 but she doesn't do anything. Of course I equipped her with torpedo already. So how to make her shoot?

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    @game2534 Equipment slots do affect performance for everything related to planes. It's a bit of math, but it roughly equals to "bombers on bigger slots -> more bombing damage, fighters on bigger slots -> more fighter power"
    This does apply to any ship class capable of equipping planes, like CAV and BBV as well as certain auxillary ships.
    Also, certain ships like the Tenryuu-class can equip recon seaplanes, but their slot size is 0, which means they don't get any use of it.

As for your sub, any submarine below Lv 10 won't attack until the closing torpedo phase. Starting at Lv 10 (or equipped with midget sub), they will also participate in the opening torpedo phase, but a sub will never participate in day shelling.
    It will, however fight normally in night battle.

Signature by Fog

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So it means submarine is useless unless you have midget subs before lv.10 then? Well time to sortie to 1-5 a bit more then.

Another question relate to plane. When I got whacked by high lv. admiral in PVP I saw a cut in a lot. What is the difference of cut in attack from normal? Higher power and accuracy? Just for coolness? And how to initiate this?

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    They're not exactly "useless", they just hava hard time against enemy DD and CL. However, since most enemy ships that can attack subs will do so (the only exception afaik being Suzuya and Kumano in their CVL form), subs can be useful to protect other ships in your fleet.
    As for mideget subs, you get them from Chitose and Chiyoda, aftter their remodel on LV 12.

Cut-ins do more damage and are mostly more accurate than normal attacks (and of course, they have a certain coolness) There are multiple types, and it all depends on the equipment setup on your ships. For artillery spotting (mostly on BB and CA) you have to use at least a main gun (red), a main or secondary gun (red/yellow) and a seaplane.
    For Carrier Cut-in, you need at least a bomber (red) and a torpedo bomber (blue)

Signature by Fog

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5157 Post(s)
    @game2534 in terms of CV setup, the priority usually is:

1. Get AS to allow artillery spotting and CVCI
    2. Put fighter in smaller slot and bomber in top & large slot while maintaining AS

For sub, they are useful for a lot of purposes, including a cheap way to clear dailies, 3-2a leveling, sub tank, and other gimmicky stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by game2534 View Post
    So it means submarine is useless unless you have midget subs before lv.10 then? Well time to sortie to 1-5 a bit more then.

Another question relate to plane. When I got whacked by high lv. admiral in PVP I saw a cut in a lot. What is the difference of cut in attack from normal? Higher power and accuracy? Just for coolness? And how to initiate this?
    There are many types of cutin in this game. Rather than explaining each and every one to you here, it will be better if you read this page and have a brief overview on the combat system first.

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Combat

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks for the link, wikia ver. is quite messy and I'm not really into calculation in any kind of game. This one you gave was easy to read.