Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Back again with question and confirmation

When I PVP with player with equal HQ lv. I noticed how their shipgirl level is quite higher than mine. Usually around 10+ lv. What is a trick for this? Simply focus on certain girls rather than spread out? And what is better between focus and spread in your opinion?

Confirmation is about construction again. This time it's about flagship. In development flagship play a huge role, this, I know. But is this the same with construction? Wikia doesn't state but some people claim so. (I try my luck with submarine recipe and it always a dud)

Rep
    Mentioned
    745 Post(s)
    @game2534 If you are leveling at 3-2 or any non-boss nodes, you're likely to outlevel your shipgirls beyond your HQ levels by quite a margin, since HQ EXP are mostly obtained by clearing boss nodes at A or S rank.

As for flagships, they don't really matter except for constructing foreign ships in LSC, in which case you would want certain shipgirls for that. Usually the shipgirls of the same nationality would work, but in Saratoga's case you'll need Kamoi, which was built at the same dock as Saratoga.
    For the record, unless if it was changed this patch, you (still) can't get Iowa and the Italian battleships from LSC.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5039 Post(s)
    @game2534

1. Apart from a couple of special ships like Bismarck and Saratoga, flagship has no impact on ship construction as far as we know. For most ships though, I will strongly advice against aiming for them via construction. Farming is a much better way because you can train your ships as well. For submarine, for example, 1-5 is a great place to get all 4 types of basic sub.

2. Don't be too worry about HQ level. It only affects the comp of certain maps and will affect the rate of getting rare equipment if it is way too low (like less than 40).

3. At your stage, it is better to focus on a couple of key ships from different classes. We will probably have another event in around 1.5 months, so it would be best if you start preparing now. Some suggested ships from each classes will be as follows. Please noted that this will subject to change when more info about the next event is revealed, so stay tune for more news:

DD: Yukikaze to kai, Shigure to k2, Yuudachi to k2, Ayanami to k2
    CL: Sendai to k2, ABKM to k2 (as your first BP ship)
    CA: Myoukou, Maya to kai, Mogami to k2
    CV: Any 4 CV to at least Kai. K2 if you can manage
    CVL: Chitose and Chiyoda to k2, Zuihou to k2 as well if you can manage
    FBB: All kongou class to kai, at least 2 of them to k2
    Slow BB: You can ignore them for now
    CLT: KTKM and Ooi to k2

These ships will form the basic backbone of your event fleet, and should be sufficient for a full casual/easy mode clear.

In the meantime, you would want to focus on crafting planes for your daily quests. 20/60/10/90 with CV flagship is a good recipie for all kinds of good planes.

Before I could comment more, it would be best if you can provide your current fleet and equipment, your current progress in the regular maps, and your average playing time per week. More information is needed to in order to draft a development plan that suits you.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks for basic guide, I will list only some remarkable ships and equipment then.
    DD: Shimakaze, Shigure, Yuudachi, Ayanami. All kai for now. (Got some more, but they're mostly exact copy of each other)
    CL: Yuubari, ABKM both kai. Sendai is still underleveled.
    CA: Nothing of note yet. Mogami is kai now though but did she have k2 form?
    CV: Got Kaga, Akagi, Souryuu, and Hiryuu. Akagi almost get kai now.
    CVL: Chiyoda and Chitose are kai with another set of copy left at AV for now. No luck with constructing Zuihou yet. Junyou is the best substitute now though.
    FBB: Still can't get Hruna, hope 3-2 will drop her soon. The rest 3 are all kai now.
    BB: Got Ise, Fukou and Yamashiro all kai.
    CLT: No luck with Ooi yet. KTKM is kai and highest level. (36)
    SS: The one and only, I-168.
    I simply construct ships for daily quest so the resource won't suffer as advised.

For equipments, the noteworthy (more than 2* and number less than 10) in the box now are
    [+] Spoiler
    Fighter plane: Type 0 Fighter M.52, Reppuu
    Dive Bomber: Suisei
    Torp bomber: Tenzan
    Recon plane: Saiun
    Type 21 air radar
    Type91 AP shell
    Basic ASW like sonar and depth charge

Current map is 3-2, farming exp and hope to get Haruna so I can finally get 4th fleet.

HQ lv. is 45, resouces are usually around 8-10k (capped at 12k)

A little bit more about planes question. By 'biggest slot' wikia use it means the slot with highest number next to them right? This is the slot where you should place fighter in and it differ between the ships. Am I understand things correctly?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by game2534; 03-27-2018 at 03:15 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5039 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game2534 View Post
    Thanks for basic guide, I will list only some remarkable ships and equipment then.
    DD: Shimakaze, Shigure, Yuudachi, Ayanami. All kai for now. (Got some more, but they're mostly exact copy of each other)
    CL: Yuubari, ABKM both kai. Sendai is still underleveled.
    CA: Nothing of note yet. Mogami is kai now though but did she have k2 form?
    CV: Got Kaga, Akagi, Souryuu, and Hiryuu. Akagi almost get kai now.
    CVL: Chiyoda and Chitose are kai with another set of copy left at AV for now. No luck with constructing Zuihou yet. Junyou is the best substitute now though.
    FBB: Still can't get Hruna, hope 3-2 will drop her soon. The rest 3 are all kai now.
    BB: Got Ise, Fukou and Yamashiro all kai.
    CLT: No luck with Ooi yet. KTKM is kai and highest level. (36)
    SS: The one and only, I-168.
    I simply construct ships for daily quest so the resource won't suffer as advised.

For equipments, the noteworthy (more than 2* and number less than 10) in the box now are
    [+] Spoiler
    Fighter plane: Type 0 Fighter M.52, Reppuu
    Dive Bomber: Suisei
    Torp bomber: Tenzan
    Recon plane: Saiun
    Type 21 air radar
    Type91 AP shell
    Basic ASW like sonar and depth charge

Current map is 3-2, farming exp and hope to get Haruna so I can finally get 4th fleet.

HQ lv. is 45, resouces are usually around 8-10k (capped at 12k)

A little bit more about planes question. By 'biggest slot' wikia use it means the slot with highest number next to them right? This is the slot where you should place fighter in and it differ between the ships. Am I understand things correctly?
    Sorry for the late reply. In terms of plane, in most situations, bombers should be placed in biggest slot (yes, the slots with the highest no.), as well as the first slot. This is because fighter gains a flat +25 fighter power from proficiency, and thus the fighter power difference between a large and a small slot is not huge.

On the other hand, bombers in large slots is harder to deplete in battle, and the no. of bomber directly relates to the damage of the opening airstrike. They also gain crit bonus at the top slot.

This is, however, provided that you can get AS in that particular map. That will be the priority in most situations.

For equipment development, continue crafting plane until you have at least 8 shiden k2/reppu. You can then move on to crafting ap shell till you have 4. After both are done, craft land bomber.

The ships you have now will form a pretty nice backbone of the fleet. Continue leveling them till they reach their target level. Mogami does not have a k2 form, but she is the best among kai cav and all cav k2 requires a bp. You can only obtain bp via certain quests and the x-5 maps. I will encourage you to at least clear 1-5 and 2-5 every month srarting from now to get as many bp as you can.

Another thing I will add is that, once you get haruna, I suggest you to keep on progessing in the regular map till you reach 5-4. Do not stay in 3-2a for leveling. It is true that 3-2a is bucket efficient, but other than that it is not a particularly good map for leveling, and is particularly not efficient in terms of time/exp. 5-4 is by far the most efficient map for high speed ships (particularly fbb, ca, cv, cvl), and 4-3 is great for dd and cl. You can also farm lots of rare ships like yukikaze, zuihou, zuikaku, shoukaku, nagato in the later maps.

Last edited by 211303; 03-29-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.