Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

What weekly quest (and monthly) is actually worth the trouble?

Some weekly quest is quite a pain to do. (Like destroy 50 transport ship, I need to waste some buckets if RNG is bad) but can you give a bite size for what quest is worth the effort? Whether it's great as stand alone quest, easy to clear, or needed for other quests that yield rare items?

And some off-note, yeah I actually believe in 'farming is better than constructing' route now. (before I kinda skeptical, honestly) Tried submarine recipe for 50+ times the past 2 weeks and it always a dud. Blitz 1-5 boss before stage got monthly reset and got I-19 in third try.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    The important rewards are screws (upgrade mats) for Akashi. The 50 Transport ships quest unlocks the 3x1-5 A-rank quest which rewards 3 screws and the 1-4 monthly with another 3 screws, among others.
    Its somewhat of a pain in the ass, but its worth it because screws are a rare material you can only get in limited quantities.
    I keep several copies of my submarines and usually do 2-3 until I have the 20 carriers weekly, then switch to 2-2 for the 50 transports, switching among them for repairs and morale, so no buckets used.
    If you dont have enough subs (or slots to hold them) it gets more annoying, but is still worth it imo.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Having a fleet of submarines definitely makes all the transport/carrier quests infinitely easier (and cheaper). You can get subs by leveling your destroyers in 1-5 (as long as your HQ is below 80). I just clear those quests as a matter of course while doing my daily W2 bosses in Orel. Then again, I'm the kind of masochist who actually bothers doing the daily W2 bosses :P

And I second the above suggestion about prioritizing quests that reward screws. For sure do as many of those as you can. Upgrading your equipment kinda becomes the real endgame once you have all the ships you need.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5136 Post(s)
    @game2534 To me, the only regular quests that are not worth it are: Bw6 weekly world 4 quest chain, Bm2 monthly 6-1 quest and the some of the regular factory quests like F68 and F69.

You will be able to complete these regular quests more efficiently in the future as your fleet grows. Focus on progressing in regular maps for now.

Last edited by 211303; 03-30-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.