Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2438 Post(s)
    Wow this is a first. Seeing an unexpect kai ni in kc3kai updates.

Seeing a kai ni before the tweets. (Yes, tweets did hint Kagero class kai ni, but I haven't heard of it being this patch)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the first of Kagero class kai ni. Stupidly overpriced 1 BP requirement that gives a not so useful type c 12.7 and she can't equip daihatsu. The only "special" trait is being able to equip medium bulge >.>

Well, I guess she wants to prevent history repeating? (which was getting sunk by a submarine)

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Looks like they've started the lottery for the server transfer too. It's in the 'friends' slot in the menu, the same way they did the android lottery.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Quick translation of 5th anniversary quests

Quest 1: Scrap 5 small guns and 5 medium guns
    (Rewards choice of 3x 12cm 30-rocket launcher, or 2x Shiden Kai Ni, or devmats which no one will take, and choice of Furniture Fairy, Reinforcement Expansion, or Gunmat which no one will take)
    For quick reference a furniture fairy is 300 DMMpts, a reinforcement expansion is 500 DMMpts

Quest 2: Sortie a fleet with CL flagship and at least 3 DD to 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, and 1-5 and defeat the boss
    (Rewards Tsushima)

Quest 3 : Successfully modernise a Kaiboukan using 5 DDs at once, two times.

Quest 4 : Win 4 victories in PvP with a fleet containing 5 ships, of which at least 2 must be DD

Quest 5 : Use a fleet containing one Light Cruiser-type (CL/CLT/CT) and 2DD, and win a victory at the boss node at either (your choice) -
    1. All World 2 maps (2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4. and 2-5)
    2. 5-3 and 5-5
    3. 6-5
    (Rewards Samuel B. Roberts)

6-5 is the obvious pick for the 5th quest especially since it's just like the usual clearing fleet except replacing your Maya/CAV for a DD. Otherwise the only real obstacles is compass spin in 1-3 and 1-5 and hopefully your PvP isn't full of jerks.
    or be a moron like me that doesn't even have 5 empty ship slots for the modernisation quest

You have up to "the later half of May" (according to devs) to complete the quests. Though I have to say I'm not sure how this is supposed to entertain us in lieu of a spring event.

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 04-23-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ @ C95 二日目(日)よ-40b
    Twitch

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai these quests have nothing to do with the mini event that will come latter, as it should be dropping items across some maps, like the saury event.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanashiYoukai View Post
    Though I have to say I'm not sure how this is supposed to entertain us in lieu of a spring event.
    The resurgence of the 'kaiboukan are not DE' arguments has me thoroughly entertained =P

That and the people that thought it was 'CL/5 DD do all of world 6' after the build-up of how 'salt-hungry tanaka is'

EDIT: and yes. 1-3. Much Krampus hate today (×_×;)

Last edited by Ferreae; 04-23-2018 at 02:57 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5164 Post(s)
    A couple of notes on today's update:

1. Info on Kagerou k2

Stat: 33hp, 68 fp, 90 torp (158 nb power), 62 AA. 67 ASW (lv99), 53 armor, 20 luck

Fit bonus (1st/2nd/3rd pieces of relevant equipment):

Type C gun: +1 fp/+2fp/nil
    Type D gun: +2 fp, +1 evasion/+1 fp,+1 evasion/+1 fp,+1 evasion
    Quad oxy: +2 torp/+2 torp/nil

Other special feature: can equip medium bulge

She has the 4th highest nb power among all dd (same as NGNM k2, Kawakaze k2 and Shimakaze kai). The bonus are not going to make a big different since you will want AA in most situation when you use gun, and if you luck mod her for TCI, the bonus from quad oxy only makes it on par with quint. Even if we disregard the bonus though. she is overall still a very decent frontline dd.

2. Info on Urakaze D kai

Stat: 33hp, 62 fp, 76 torp (138 nb power), 76 AA. 88 ASW (lv99), 53 armor, 18 luck

As D kai suggest, she is a ASW specialized ship like Asashio k2d, and is one of the few dd that can perform OASW with one sonar only without a ring.

3. Info on server change lottery

You can apply by clicking the "異動願い" button. Pick the server you like on the left, and fill in the two multiple choice questions. The questions will not affect the lottery result. Here are the translation for the questions:

Question 1: What is Kanmusu to you?

(From left to right)
    partner, friend, wife, comrade, unit, memory, fighting force, daughter, ship, hope, data, others

Question 2: What is Kancolle to you?

a normal game, hobby, pastime, daily routine, life, something important, meaningless, work, comfort, something with mysterious charm, hope, gonna quit soon, will play till the end, others

Last edited by 211303; 04-23-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    You have to choose a different server from your current, no matter what? Is this going to be a wild scramble, or is the number actually lower than the current server number? I cant tell honestly

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5164 Post(s)
    @sandrio You can just ignore it if you don't want to move. TBH, unless you rank, or if the coming friend system would be server-specific (which we don't know at this point), server change will not do anything meaningful for you in a gameplay perspective.

As for server population, one way to estimate is to look at the marshal admiral cutoff of your server. Your server's population should be around the cutoff x100, as marshal admiral are the top 1% in your server.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Shadowfury
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The only not-too-fringe thing i can think of with server moving is if you want to get out of a server like Lingga or Truk, which go down during events a bit more often

Rep
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm trying to migrate for ranking...since any other server can't be worse than my current one (Hashirajima).
    I don't want to make the jump to an unreliable server though. Any other servers I should avoid aside from what Shadowfury said? (Lingga and Truk)

3 missing ships left:
    Gotland, Hamanami and Taihou.