Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)

[DMM] Jewel Princess 宝石姫

This game turns out pretty decent. Obvious bugs were ironed out in the first week of launch.

My only issue is (other than not getting the girl I want) why is the grimoire using drunkard attack physical instead of magical. I know her normal attack is attacking using the grimoire in the most literal, physical sense, but even her specials are physical meteor related attacks...

It's hilarious there's a self-resurrecting healer that can resurrect others in this game.

Rep
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I dislike its PvP cuz 80%+ chance of burn, freeze, petrify, etc. AoE in this game. Then again, I do hate PvP in general.

Also same, not getting the Astreas (?) that I want.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CainLord View Post
    I dislike its PvP cuz 80%+ chance of burn, freeze, petrify, etc. AoE in this game. Then again, I do hate PvP in general.

Also same, not getting the Astreas (?) that I want.
    I hated the PvP too because it was such a slog to play everytime.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)
    I can understand the hate for PvP, since it's almost P2W, but the game is very generous to a certain degree. Not only can you get crystals from login and missions but also from weekly PvP tier rewards, plus you can get one from the rarest group of girls per month when you complete enough of the daily logins.
    Currently just from the PvP weekly reward, daily quests and login campaigns I get more than 2 batch draws worth of crystals.
    EDIT: For the record, so far I only spent on the extra login rewards since I find the game to be very supportable. But I haven't spend any on gacha yet, unless they have a selection gacha for no more than 5k in the future since I still want Ruby.

But I'm still having trouble figuring out maximizing damage output on PvE. Managed to get the 10k damage mission done but that's just barely enought for lapis lazuli's character mission on easy mode, which I need almost an hour to clear it on auto. With the requirement to trade for a copy I would need more than 3 months doing it daily >.>

For newer players, here's some of the more useful of the common girls for PvP. Healers are mostly covered as 85% of the veteran teams have at least 1 of them, but not all of them are covered since not all healers are equal :P

Healers:
    Commonly there are 1 healers in veteran PvP parties, followed by 2 healers and no healers. I haven't met 3 healers tanking party before in PvP.

Amber. Quite common among veteran PvP groups as well

Ability
    Self immune to negative status effects (2 turns for 6*, 1 turn otherwise)
    Block rate increase
    Skills
    Party heal
    Party negative status effects removal

Tourmaline: Less common in veteran parties than Amber, but still commonly seen

Ability
    Party immune to silence (up to 6 turns at 6*)
    Enemy party damage decrease (up to 20% at 6*)
    Skills
    Party heal
    Party revive (the lesser the number revived, the more the revived gets healed)

Caffinite: Uncommon among the veteran parties I've faced, but still appear here and there

Ability
    Self revival once per battle (up to 100% of hp at 6*)
    Skills
    Single heal
    Party heal

Not sure if this is common since she's in the latest batch of new girls, but adding her here since she can be an alternative to Amber which makes her potentially one of the top healers:
    White onyx: Somewhat an alternative to Amber but she herself isn't immune to negative status effects, I can see her being used for 2 healer parties

Ability
    Self max hp increase
    Party immune to atk/def debuffs (up to 6 turns at 6*)
    Skill
    Single revive and 2 turns damage immunity
    Party heal and negative status effects removal

Non-healers:
    Note that this covers the common group, adding in the uncommon group at a later time

Morganite: One of the most common non-rare girls. Not powerful damage wise but excellent at freezing and counter freezing.Combines very well with damage-over-time status effects.

Ability
    Party immune to freeze (up to 6 turns at 6*): This can be excellent against freezing focused parties, some of which steamrolls others easily due to how broken I consider Sapphire is.
    Personal normal attack have a chance to freeze target (Up to very high chance at 6*)
    Skill
    Single target magic damage. Up to guaranteed 2 turn freeze.
    Party magic damage. Up to high chance of 2 turn freeze.

Black onyx: Works well with any status effects that stops the enemy, especially bind and stun.

Ability
    Gives self 1 turn of 隠密 (I honestly have no idea what this is, maybe makes herself untargetable unless it's a party wise skill)
    Self immune to negative status effects (up to 3 turns at 6*)
    Skill
    Party physical damage. 2 turns of poison with up to 50% strength at 6*
    Party physical damage. 2 turns of erosion with up to 50% strength at 6*

Zircon: The stunning. Jokes aside she's pretty decent multi-role stunning debuffing tankers.

Ability
    Self physical negating barrier (Up to 3 turns at 6*, at 3* it's just 90% physical damage reduction for 1 turn)
    Skill
    Party physical damage with medium chance of 2 turns stun
    Single physical damage. 2 turns of damage receive increase on the target (up to 50% at 6*)

Tigers eye: More of a support type, thus being rarely seen in veteran PvP parties

Ability
    Personal normal attacks have up to medium chance (at 6*) of causing stun to target for 2 turns
    Party immune to bind (up to 6 turns at 6*)
    Skill
    Single physical damage. 2 turns of defense down on the target (up to 80% at 6*)
    Party physical/magical power boost for 2 turns (up to 50%)

Yes, you can "hard counter" negative status effects with common girls. But if you put too many you are likely going to lose out in damage. My suggested priority for those who want to "hard counter" would be: Freeze>Bind/Petrify>Stun>Others

I can make a rare group girls tier (in my opinion) if anyone wishes. For other useful girls I'll add in at a later time.

Last edited by ofi123; 06-15-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    746 Post(s)
    Tried playing this game but that 50MB download per session is really hurting my data quota.
    That and I got stuck somewhere in Chapter 2 for some reason.

Edit: Finally resolved both problems. Turns out that I haven't enabled the cache. (and it seems like the bug was ironed out now)

Last edited by LostLogia4; 07-24-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

Rep
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4

You got in at a good time, they just reopen the EX daily maps. It's much more worth it than the normal dailies, considering it takes 60 instead of 80 stamina and the exp drops is overall better than the 80 counterpart.

Yeah, not sure if it's unity issue but I can't play this with Chrome. Had been using FireFox to play this game.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)
    This hurts. The buff to Lapis Lazuli is causing some meta changes and my PvP team needs to be reworked.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)
    Best draw I had in any game. Draw 2 of the new batch, getting all the new girls.

Continued drawing to get more Carnelian. By the last draw (draw 4) I got the girl I've wanted since the start of the game. With this I'll draw 1 more time next week for the fifth batch draw bonus, and save up the rest for Garnet's alt costume.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2385 Post(s)
    Wow Garnet literally got power creeped by Malachite. But I'm so glad I got Malachite with what my team is based on.

The buff to Lapis Lazuli crippled my team's effectiveness in PvP,. Now with Malachite and some changes while retaining Black Onyx as the core, my new team is as or even more effective than before.