Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Two weeks after this alleged mini-event's start and my somewhat reluctant playing into it due to feeling the need to acquire the new stuffs, I finally completed all the quests, almost (just hitting a map not affected by the bonus drops a couple of times more), and also got Fukae after some arduous bashing of heads against walls.

I tried to keep my sorties to a minimum and stuck primarily to daily/weekly quest completion to conserve motivation - or rather, willingness to participate, thanks to the sense of 'completing something other than just mindlessly farming'. This leads to a net gain of resources at all times since I did not farm any map intensively, beyond 6-3 for Fukae and extra runs to 2-4 and 4-2 during the bonus drop period and 1-4 outside of it. By 'intensive', I mean doing sorties over and above the bare minimum required to complete daily/weekly quests, which is what I hope to avoid since doing extra sorties, incurring losses, and attaining nothing at all is rather unpleasant for personal morale. (stares at 6-3)

My net bucket loss never got less than -120, which was solely due to intensively farming 6-3 for Fukae, while resources were never less than net -10k and indeed frequently hit hardcap again (allowing me to spend them on min LSC instead~). Fukae herself appeared after at least 60 sorties to 6-3 and completing the w2 boss daily exclusively in 2-4 since the weekend the event was implemented (50+ boss kills and countless more offroutes), so I definitely had a rough time there.

Lazy TTK's Farming Report/Guide
    or 'combining event quests with daily/weekly quests for maximum gain with minimum (but still quite some) effort'

I just want to share my experience with others who are seeking to be as little fussed with this event as possible, while still completing it. Firstly, some caveats

1. This discussion is targeted at people who have yet to complete all farming and event quests. Additionally, some of this may already be common sense to a lot of people (who have probably spent way more time farming than I have). If so, I apologise for taking up your space and urge you to just skip this discussion dedicated to spending as little time on completing the event as possible.
    2. I will only discuss event quest completion and how farming can be tied into daily/weekly quest completion. If you want to farm more that that amount (not talking about the two additional flight decks, but rather more 'High-class Onigiri' for screws or meal tickets for the other things), you will inevitably have to farm intensively, and it will be up to someone else to determine if they can still keep resources positive while doing so efficiently.
    3. This is not a fast strategy, but one that requires a bit of sustained play over time. Assuming that someone will attempt to complete most daily/weekly quests also assumes they have time to play a little every day. Many people will not have that luxury and will end up being forced to farm intensively on weekends/during their free time. This may be an inevitability especially as time runs down to the announced end date in mid-June.

The Basics
    You need 148 (actually 133 due to how the quests work) Rice, 35 Umeboshi, 30 Nori, and 29 Tea to complete all the event quests.

There are 9 event quests. Complete the following quests in this order before doing any other event quests
    Su01 (1 Onigiri) > Su03 (1 High-class Onigiri) > Su05 (1 Ochazuke)

Subsequently, because two quests (Su02 and Su08) require you to make 3 Onigiri, and it's possible to have both quests at the same time, you can complete both requirements at the same time. This is not strictly necessary since Rice is very plentiful, but it helps if you had good luck with other ingredient drops and don't have a massive surplus of Rice.

After that you can complete the quests at your leisure, but remember that you can only hold a max of 99 of each ingredient (a nuisance when reserving 50 Rice for the Hinomaru Bento Su09 quest). Additionally, if you don't have a Canned Saury and do not want to give up the Quad LM Torps from Su05 for it, complete the Norimaki quest Su07 before Su02+08 because it gives a Canned Saury directly and not as a choice among options. Remember that if you want all 3 flight decks available from Meal Tickets, you must possess 3 Canned Saury altogether, and 4 are given out in the event quests (but often at the cost of giving up a rare equipment).

My quest picks (I already owned enough Canned Saury to claim 3 set meals before the mini-event start, so I did not choose it)
    [+] Spoiler

Su01 (Onigiri) : Searchlight, 2 Screws
    Su02 (3 Onigiri) : Taitei. Toku Daihatsu. Triple Torps LM
    Su03 (High-class Onigiri) : Lookouts, Rockets x2, 7 Buckets
    Su04 (2 High-class Onigiri) : Zero M52 x3. Shiden K2 x2, Aircraft Material and Furniture Fairy, Reinforcement Expansion
    Su05 (Ochazuke) : Canned Saury, Quad Torps LM, 7 Screws
    Su06 (2 Ochazuke) : Canned Saury, Reinforcement Expansion and Canned Saury, Type 3 DC Projector (Conc.)
    Su07 (Norimaki) : Rockets, 25mm Triple

Daily and Weekly Quests around which to structure your farming
    I'll say it again that the objective of this list is to aim to complete both farming as well as dailies/weeklies at the same time to reduce sorties to places for the sole purpose of gaining ingredients, in other words, aiming to achieve multiple objectives with one sortie. Do not let the suggestions discourage you from doing more sorties or visiting other maps if you feel like it.

Please note that while many quests can be completed by 5-4 ranking, I did not suggest them under the example of my own schedule as I did not do the mini-event alongside ranking, and while 5-4 is still a reasonably efficient map for farming Nori without ranking, the fact that there are other alternatives for farming that contriibute to quest completion means that I don't recommend going there unless you rank or are looking for alternative farm locations for Nori.

[+] Spoiler

Dailies

Bd1, Bd2, Bd3 - Battle completion. Can be done anywhere where you would go for farming.
    Bd5, Bd6 - Transport kills. Go to 4-2 when the weekend bonus drops and world 4 boss kill quest are active, or alternatively 3-5 outside of that (needs 2 visits). 5-4 if ranking.
    Due to the ease of completing the quest vs the randomness (either compass spin, or pass rate) of the options suggested, ignoring drops and simply completing the quest quickly via a sortie to 2-2 with no carriers may be preferential in order to unlock the subsequent quest chains.
    Bd7 - World 2 Boss kills. 2-4 during the weekend bonus drops or Fukae farming, or 2-5 outside of that for Nori
    Bd8 - Submarine kills. Anywhere with both submarines and food e.g. 1-5, 4-2, 6-3

My typical daily routine: 1-4 or 1-5 for Umeboshi (Bd1+2) > 4-2 if weekend drops or 2-2 otherwise (Bd5) > 2-4 if weekend drops or hunting Fukae, or 2-5 for Nori (Bd7) > 1-5, 4-2 (with weekend drops) or 6-3 depending on needs (Bd8)

Weeklies
    Bw1 - 36 Sorties/24 Boss Battles. Maps with high or 100% boss routing and food e.g. 1-4, 1-5, 5-2 for Umeboshi, 2-5 and 5-4 for Nori, 6-3 for Fukae farming.
    I prefer easy maps due to this weekly being a prerequisite for 50 transport kills, so I complete this excusively in 1-4 and 1-5 (and some 6-3). Naturally, 5-4 for those who are ranking.
    Bw2 - 20 Carrier kills. Can be completed alongside Bw1 in 1-4 (get 3 transport kills from somewhere first to complete prerequisite Bd5), or 5-4. Complete before venturing to maps with submarines in order to unlock Bw5,
    Bw3, Bw4 - Transport kills. To avoid doubling up, complete Bw1 first before venturing to maps with transports e.g. 4-2. Completes itself if 5-4 ranking.
    Bw5 - 15 Submarine kills. Complete in 1-5 or 6-3 alongside Bw1. Do not go to 4-2 for this as this quest is a prerequisite for the World 4 boss kill quest.
    Bw6 - 12 World 4 Boss Kills. Complete in 4-2 when weekend bonus drops are active.
    Bw7 - 5 World 3 Boss Kills. Complete in 3-5 (preferably), or 3-3 (only if only Nori is wanted)
    Bw8 - Defeat 4-4. Not affected by weekend drops (at time of writing), so complete anytime after Bw6 is completed.
    Bw9 - S rank 5-2 two times. As above. Also provides submarine kills for Bd8.
    Bw10 - A rank or above 1-5 three times. Complete after Bw4 is completed.

My typical weekly routine: Alternating 1-4 and 1-5 for Umeboshi (Bw1+2+5) > 4-2 for Bw3+4+6 if weekend drops are active, continuing at the end of the week > 3-5 midweek for Bw7 > Bw8+9+10 anytime the prerequisites are completed

Key Farming Spots that Tie into Daily/Weekly Quests
    Rice will not be discussed since it drops virtually everywhere and in large quantities.
    Again, note that these suggestions are aimed at attempting to do as few 'extra' farming sorties as possible. I did not go to any maps other than those I have listed for the purpose of farming ingredients. Additionally, I won't discuss EO completion here as this discussion focuses on ingredients+quests. When the new month comes around (or, if you have yet to complete your EOs), by all means consider those maps as a means of simultaneously completing quests as well as farming ingredients.

As far as possible I tried to use an extremely light fleet - e.g. only CVLs (Hiyou, Houshou, Ryuuhou, Gambier Bay and Zuihou K2B), no CVs, and no BBs to save on expenses, the exceptions being 3-5, and 4-4/5-2 for the quests. I did not consider taiha rate/bucket expenditure to be a problem as buckets were always increasing outside intensive 6-3 farming due to expedition 2, quests, and often waiting for dock repairs rather than bucketing immediately, though of course your success on using an excessively light fleet will depend on your ships/equipment. Feel free to use a heavier fleet if you wish.

[+] Spoiler

1-4 (Umeboshi, Matsuwa) - Bw1, Bw2
    CL CV(L), AV, 3DD

1-5 (Umeboshi) - Bd8, Bw1, Bw5, Bw10
    CL CVL DD DE

2-4 (Nori, Weekend bonus drops, Fukae) - Bd7 when weekend bonus drops are active, or if hunting Fukae
    CL CVL 3XX AV
    A CVL is recommended due to a higher chance of routing east A-K rather than northwest A-B, while DDs are discouraged due to the higher chance of routing L-M-N rather than L-O.
    I used Abukuma, Hiyou, Ryuuhou, Houshou, Gambier Bay, Maya here. Maya had AACI setup as well as searchlight and lookouts for drop chance and can only do single attacks, which was irrelevant since she never got to fire in night battle.

2-5 (Nori) - Bd7 when weekend bonus drops are not active, or Fukae is not needed/already attained
    CL 3CVL 2DD

3-5 (Tea, Umeboshi) - Bw7 and also possibly Bd5 when weekend bonus drops are not active.
    CL 3CV CA SS
    I used Ooyodo, Intrepid, Saratoga, Zuikaku CVB, Maya, and I-14 here. I brought WG42 on Ooyodo, AACI setup with 2 guns and T3 shell on Maya, meaning that I had no drop chance enhancers, but still got a drop at Hoppo 5/5 times with 3/5 Tea. That may have been luck (or, just never going there except for the purposes of the w3 boss quest meaning no overfarming).

4-2 (Weekend bonus drops, DEs) - Bd5+6, Bd8, Bw3+4, Bw6. Visit only when weekend bonus drops are active.
    CL 3CV(L) 2DD
    I used Abukuma, Hiyou, Ryuuhou, Gambier Bay, a ducky, Jervis here. Jervis was used because she will always perform OASW attacks regardless of equipment. Jervis carried no guns, only drop chance enhancers, which was okay because she never did anything in night battle anyway.

6-3 (Tea, Fukae) - Bd8, Bw1, Bw5. Visit only if Fukae is desired and only until she is attained. Otherwise, 3-5 or 4-2 (weekend bonus only) or even 1-6 is better for Tea.
    4DD AV CL or CT 3DD AV CL
    I used (Katori or Yuudachi), Michishio, Asashio K2D, Jervis, Mizuho, Abukuma here. The searchlight and lookouts were spread among the DDs as necessary, while Asashio was given T4 Sonar to enable her OASW attack. Jervis was again used because of OASW regardless of equipment.

Others
    3-3 (Nori) - Alternative to 3-5 for Bw7. Only visit if Nori specifically is wanted, even so, 2-5 and 5-4 is more efficient.
    4-4 (Tea) - Visited only when needed for Bw8. Not recommended due to only 50% spin to boss.
    5-2 (Umeboshi) - Visited only when needed for Bw9, although it can be an alternative for Bd8. 100% boss routing but not recommended otherwise due to pass rate
    5-4 (Nori) - If ranking, or as a alternative to Nori from 2-5.
    6-5 (Tea) - Alternative for Tea with 100% boss routing but not recommended due to expense.

Good luck, and for those who are a little less than enthusiastic about this whole affair, you are not alone. I wrote all this primarily to say there are ways to get through it without being incredibly fussed about it all. There are probably better ways, indeed, there may be more efficient ways, but I'd like to think my way is one of the less bothersome ways (apart from just skipping this whole thing altogether~).

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 05-29-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

See you at Comiket 94! 一日目(金)メー11b
    Twitch

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5061 Post(s)
    @ofi123 hmm, I think you misunderstood. Basically, these ASW equipments can be divided into two large groups, namely sonar type and DC type. Sonar type can be further broken down into small sonar and large sonar, while DC type can be broken down into DC, DC projectors, and others. The synergy consists of two parts. The first parts only considers the two large groups, while the 2nd parts considers the sub groups. So for example:

1. Type 0 sonar+T95 DC
    old bonus: x1.15
    new bonus: x1
    total bonus: x1.15

T0 sonar belongs to sonar type, while T95 DC belongs to DC type. Together, they trigger the old bonus. However, only the combination of small sonar+DC+DC projector or DC+DC projector can trigger the new bonus. Since this group does not meet either, new bonus will not be triggered.

Here's a few more examples:

2. Type 3 Sonar+T95 DC+T3 DC projector
    new bonus: x1.25
    total bonus: x1.4375

3. Type 3 Sonar+T95 DC+ASW rocket
    new bonus: x1
    total bonus: x1.15

4. T95 DC+T3 DC launcher
    new bonus: x1.1
    total bonus: x1.265

5. T95 DC+T3 DC launcher+ASW rocket
    new bonus: x1.1
    total bonus: x1.265

As for which equipment to use, the damage difference is actually really close. For example, the damage of T4 sonar+T3 DC projector+T2 DC is roughly the same as T4 sonar+T4 sonar+ASW rocket, assuming all equipments are not upgraded. It is better to treat it in a case by case scenario and calculate yourself using these formula.

Of cos, the most important point about these new equipments is that they lower the OASW level requirement by a lot.

Last edited by 211303; 05-29-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    Need some opinions. Is it better to retreat at node F or proceed for 1-6-F tea farming?

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    @ofi123 well...do you need Nori? If so, hit up B. If not, have you cleared 1-6 for the month? If not, hit up B. Otherwise, meh.

*Assuming you're meaning 1-6-J tea farming

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5061 Post(s)

The bonus will be back in this evening.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    Today's the first time I've seen star shell on 2 girls failing to activate in 2-5 lol.

IGN
    コスモスペンギン
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Finally reached the halfway mark of food collecting right now LOL.
    A question: is collecting 3 each of Umeboshi, Nori, Tea for every night of playing for several days in a row a reasonable expectation if I search around in multiple maps? I got most of these from various maps while doing monthly EOs/monthly and quarterly quests and specific farming had given me very mixed results (5-4 was very good but 1-4 dried up very quickly and all I got was rice for most of Wednesday night).

KanDex completed and graduated from LSC on January 6, 2018 with Taihou found. :)
    Winter 2018 Event cleared (H-H-H-M-H-H-M) and all new ships acquired March 9, 2018

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Penguin View Post
    A question: is collecting 3 each of Umeboshi, Nori, Tea for every night of playing for several days in a row a reasonable expectation if I search around in multiple maps? I got most of these from various maps while doing monthly EOs/monthly and quarterly quests and specific farming had given me very mixed results (5-4 was very good but 1-4 dried up very quickly and all I got was rice for most of Wednesday night).
    I think 3 is a good average. I did at most 10 sorties/day to any given map and had over half a dozen maps in rotation, so my progress was:

(ume/nori/tea)

Day 1: 3/0/3
    Day 2: 3/5/2
    Day 3: 3/4/1
    Day 4: 8/5/7 (weekend rate-up in effect)
    Day 5: 8/6/5 (weekend rate-up in effect)
    Day 6: 7/6/6 (weekend rate-up in effect)
    Day 7: 3/5/4
    Day 8: 2/3/2
    Day 9: 9/6/6 (weekend rate-up in effect)

Stopped tracking after that because I was basically done farming at that point.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5061 Post(s)
    Updated the new drops map.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    I know it's a bit late to ask now, but the weekend bonus is just increase number of nodes with ingredient drops, or also including a drop rate increase?