Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    That concludes this so-called 'mini' event...

Ended up collecting 214 rice, 72 umeboshi, 73 nori and 51 tea, with 8 umeboshi, 1 nori and 15 tea left over.
    The final drop boost is accountable for a significant portion of all the ingredients collected (at least one-third).

Completed all quests, and made 12 high-class onigiri, which rewarded me 36 screws...

Net resources dropped by about ~23k/21k/0/25k, buckets was hurt the most - dropping by 500... (which is worse than a lot of events)...

Last edited by kazenorin; 06-13-2018 at 02:47 AM.
    Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 143/165, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10
    KanDex complete: 2018-03-18

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    I feel like I liked this event overall. It gave me a reason to think about comps for maps we haven't run in years, including reaching nodes I've never been to or at least don't remember going to. Also I basically treated it as screw farming. Tbh, playing other grind insane games at the same time like GBF or even FGO makes this event feel quite mild.

Bet that's not a popular view though.

I would have liked the drop rate to be more consistent. In exchange, the quests and meals could cost more materials. It would have given a better idea of how many runs you need, and for a so called "minievent" I think that would have been better. Then again, the numbers required looked demoralising at first, so problems either way. I also think the timebased supply drops was a good idea as a concept but that wasn't the best way to do it. I can see part of the reason they had time period based drops was to collect user data on the current active population. But howninwouls have done it would be to rotate "bonus" nodes among maybe three consistent drop tables. Each day would be a different table, and every week would then run each table at least twice. More flexibility for the players, and they still get the data I think they wanted. On the last week, they would combine all three tables so everyone can farm whatever they wanted, whenever they want.

Hard to say if this would return. That depends on player engagement during this period. If it comes to replace one of the 4 events in the year though, I don't think should be spring again. Too many holidays straddled this event, it would have been far better to have a proper event. I assume for now that it had to be this period as they are busy with the port.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    I think anyone claiming that this mini event was a grindfest just didn't understand how it was intended to be done: in no way it was meant to be rushed like mad by doing hundred of runs, it was just a extra bonus you get while doing your weeklies/monthlies/EO, the only farming involved dropping Fukae or if you decided yourself that you wanted mutiples Houshou tickets, and nothing more. I couldn't play at all the first week of the event, but I still managed to get new DE and finish all quests, on top of multiple extra deluxe onigiris, and I only had to do a few extra runs of 1-4 and 2-4, so anyone just playing the game like usual should have been able to finish that event without any grind.

IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    @Murrue Maybe it was intended this way, but the RNG was far too RNG

I nearly completed all EOs, monthlies and quarterlies, but was still far away from completing all the food quests (about 2/3 completion in terms of ingredient count).

Then it turned into a day and night farm whenever I had time - reminds me of ranking but worse because there could be no progress...

The drop rate and over farming just didn't work out for me, at least not until the final boost (which I kind have enjoyed).

Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 143/165, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Lesse...game down so can't check numbers but....

Over the course of the event, ammo went up, steel dropped 30k or so (but that could been more the quarterly quests and such), 12k in bauxite lost... and since was under softcap in fuel, no cares there.
    Buckets...300ish lower than the start, and Exped 2 was ran non-stop..so...ouch.

All quests done, Fukae caught. Some extra kaiboukan caught. Taigei became the new Naka. Lost track after the 15th post quest HC Rice...so no idea on screw gain. Totally low key. I just ran KC on the other screen doing 2-4, 4-2 and 1-5 for the most part. That and the monthly/quarterly quests for variety. Even took to rotating ships just to spread out xp.

Can't claim to have any complaints how I came out of this.
    ----

This 'event' just 'was'. No climax, no point, no meaning. The lack of transparency on overfishing - when was it reached, does it reset, is RNG just trolling - was irksome. Otherwise, no worse than a korean grinder: find an optimal composition, then sortie repeatedly for a few hours. The screws were worth to keep going for, at least for those of us that don't have everything max'd out. Daitou, on the other hand, can rot in Re's playroom for another few months :P

I think they did a good job making the event accessible for all - it just was rather an uneventful event. The cans of saury thing though were a bit off seeming - those most likely to have several cans lying around were probably the ones least needing more catapults.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2437 Post(s)
    Even with all my saltiness I'm still very grateful for this "mini" event. Managed to trade in 9 set meals, or should I say 2 catapults and 14 medals, which easily allowed me to k2 my 2nd crane set and have enough leftover for future catapult requirement and 2nd Musashi k2. Still, would have loved to get 1 more to have that in my inventory as 2 canned mackerel doesn't look as nice as 1.

IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    @ofi123 Wow, how did you manage stock up so many canned mackerel?

I would've made more set meals, but only had 2 canned mackerel, both rewarded from this event (gave up a reinforcement expansion).