Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5032 Post(s)

Spring Mini Event Info thread

Food ingredients:
    Onigiri: rice x5 (can be traded for battle ration x1)
    Premium onigiri: rice x6, umeboshi x2, onri x3 (can be traded for dev mat x3, screw x3)
    Ochazuke: rice x8, umeboshi x3, onri x3, tea x4 (can be traded for irako x2, dev mat x2, bucket x2, screw x1)
    Japanese meal set: rice x9, umeboshi x5, nori x6, tea x7, saury can x1 ( can be traded for Houshou's meal ticket x1, mamiya x1)

Houshou's meal ticket can further be traded for one of the followings:

Mamiya x3 or Catapult (need 300 burner as well) or medal x2 or screw x9

Quest list (Remember to select the quest before making the food):
    Quest 01: Make an onigiri (Reward: searchlight or screw x2)
    Quest 02: Make 3 onigiri (Reward: Taitei or Toku daihaitsu or Triple oxy torp (late model))
    Quest 03: Make a premium onigiri (Reward: skilled lookout or rocket x2 or bucket x7)
    Quest 04: Make 2 premium onigiri (Reward: one from mod 52 fighter x3 or shiden k2 x2 or plane mat + one from furniture fairy x1 or RE x1)
    Quest 05: Make an Ochazuke (Reward: Canned saury or Quad oxy torp (late model) or screw x7)
    Quest 06: Collect 12 rice and 6 Nori (Reward: Canned saury + rocket or 25mm triple machine gun)
    Quest 07: Make one Japanese meal set and 3 onigiri (Reward: type 2 DC + "Eat up" scroll)
    Quest 08: Make 2 Ochazuke (Reward: Type 3 DC concentrated deployment)
    Quest 09: Collect [?] rice, [?] umeboshi and [?] tea. Equip your secretary DD with a 12cm 30-tube rocket in the first slot, and a Type 2 DC in the 2nd slot (Reward: Prototype 15cm Nonuple ASW Rocket Launcher)

Recommended Quest order:
    Quest 01>Quest 03>Quest 04>Quest 05>Quest 02+07+06(complete at the same time)>Quest 08+09 (complete at the same time)

Drop report (boss node unless otherwise specified, those highlighted in red are possibly weekend only):

Rice:
    1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6(B)
    2-3 (F, H, K, G) , 2-4(D, G, H, N P, J, O) , 2-5 (J, L)
    3-2, 3-3, 3-5(F,K)
    4-1, 4-2 (D, I), 4-3(I, M), 4-4(G,H)
    5-1, 5-2, 5-3 (F,K), 5-4 (H,O), 5-3 (K, F), 5-5
    6-1 (H, K), 6-2 (E, K), 6-3, 6-4, 6-5 (J, M)

Umeboshi:
    1-3, 1-4, 1-5
    3-2, 3-5
    4-1, 4-3 (M), 4-5 (I)
    5-2, 5-3, 5-5
    6-1, 6-2

Nori:
    1-6 (B)
    2-4, 2-5
    3-3
    4-2
    5-3(F), 5-4
    6-4

Tea:
    2-3, 2-4 (I, O)
    3-5(F)
    4-2 (I), 4-3 (I), 4-4, 4-5
    6-3, 6-5

DE Drop report (boss node unless otherwise specified):
    Kunashiri: 3-5
    Shimushu: 3-5
    Etorofu: 3-5
    Matsuwa: 1-4
    Sado: 4-2
    Tsushima: 4-2
    Hiburi: 2-4 (basically every node)
    Fukae: 2-4, 6-3
    Taitou: 5-5

Bonus (judging from the hints from official tweet):

Equipment: searchlight, starshell (?), skilled lookout, battle ration

Ship: DD, DE, and one AV or CL or CT in fleet

Last edited by 211303; 05-19-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Nice.

Any good suggestions for a comp that could reliably S-rank Hoppou at 3-5?

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I have one spare catapult and was planning to use it on a Saratoga dupe to keep both forms around. Any chance we'll need another one soon? I dont remember hearing about possible CV K2.
    Also I really dislike these grinding events

Ive given 1-4, 1-5 and 2-3 a go so far, with best results on 1-4, never got any umeboshi, only rice

Last edited by sandrio; 05-16-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Woot. Finally a chance to gain more catapults. I'll need to farm for 2 to k2 the dupe cranes that have been sitting at k2 level for over a year lol.

Does anyone knows if the chance of dropping of event items is the same between non-boss node and boss node? Since I plan to farm macha in 3-5 Hoppo as the others either have less reliable routing or are harder to S rank.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    6-3 spamming while subcheesing 2-4 while doing W2 daily. On the 4th 2-4 boss fight first mission complete!

Now on to farming enough ingredients to trade for 2 catapults...

EDIT: Looks like I'll be farming 3-5 next. Need another pair of DE and I can sink transports as well.

Last edited by ofi123; 05-16-2018 at 01:06 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5032 Post(s)
    @friggo 3 cv 3 ca if you want to farm hoppo only. Otherwise, replacing 1-2 ca with high armor sub for sub tank if you need to reach boss as well.

- - - Updated - - -
    @sandrio Who knows? Not a bad idea to grab a spare one if you do not have any. If you complete all quests, you will get one Houshou ticket, which you can trade for catapult.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated all the quest, recommended order and drop list.

As far as where to farm, these are my suggestions:

Tea: 6-5 if you haven't done EO yet, 6-3 if you are farming Fukae, and 3-5 if you are done farming Fukae

Nori: 5-4 (cheap) and 4-2 (for de)

Umeboshi: 1-5 (cehap) and 3-5 (for de)

In general, I will say you should farm enough tea first, then go for umeboshi and nori in 1-5 and 3-5. Rotate to 4-2 and 3-5 if overfishing kicks in. You will get enough rice in the process.

Last edited by 211303; 05-16-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    コスモスペンギン
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Here's my personal 6-3 Fukae farming fleet which I actually first used last summer in a desparate try to farm for Unryuu (a much more difficult task):

The CT means that the fleet will always take the upper route and skipping one battle, and with seaplane carriers (if using Mizuho or Chitose sisters, use double Seiran + Kouhyouteki instead) giving the AS the fleet is actually persistent enough to get A ranks most of the time at the boss, with S ranks coming once every few tries. Retreats do come once in a while but not that much, and usually you just pray that the fleet can hang on at daytime to wait for kills at night at the boss. You can see that I have used less powerful ships DDs here and even that nearly grabbed an S rank from the hardest enemy composition!

Back in last June I used a similar fleet for Unryuu farming and was able to keep 1 boss S rank a day for 30 consecutive days, and S ranks came in a few to a dozen sorties. (*) With Fukae dropping at A ranks this should be a better alternative than trying to get through the compasses of 2-4, and the only significant usage of resources is buckets (and that is inevitable).

(*) Didn't got her of course - that had to wait until the 2017 Fall Event

KanDex completed and graduated from LSC on January 6, 2018 with Taihou found. :)
    Winter 2018 Event cleared (H-H-H-M-H-H-M) and all new ships acquired March 9, 2018

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    @Cosmic Penguin Thanks for that suggested fleet. I was getting wrecked trying to go south with 3 CL and using Mizuho ..to the point rather face 2-4's compass.

It seems CT/CL with Teste is giving enough firepower to succeed. Now it's all in the hands of RNG-sama.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Is Testes superior planecount worth more than another opening torp from another AV?
    Ive got Mizuho close to 80 and the Chi-sisters at around 65, Teste is at around 65 as well.
    Id like to get another catapult out of this but im torn between getting a backup cata and using the one I have to have both versions of Sara at the same time, or fill another hole in the equipment dex with the late quad which isnt that bad to use either

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    @sandrio it's not just another opening torp, but would also be a closing torp too, and if she survives do better night damage. Teste doesn't get those. On the other hand, Test will hit more ships in the opening air strike, and should hit harder during the day?
    Also, the middle node can empty some of Teste's slots if you're not lucky.

If your drop luck is like mine, you'll have plenty of tries to compare them :D The big thing for me was the sneaking in another cruiser without risking going south.