Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5139 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai yeah, it's probably a weekend only bonus (which is now extended to Tuesday afternoon due to server problem). It is also shown on the sources you are using.

- - - Updated - - -

The special drop bonus will be extended till Tuesday afternoon due to unstable connection in the Sasebo server.

- - - Updated - - -

And it seems the special drop will be available next weekend as well.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @F50Grunt
    I thought of giving you mine because it's going really well.
    Ashigara: 2 20.3cm(3) +9, sanshiki, 11B (skilled)
    Shoukaku: keiun, tenzan murata, ryusei 601, f6f5 +10, rocket kai +1
    Zuikaku: kikka, tenzan murata, ryusei 601, saiun EC, rocket kai +4
    Intrepid/Taihou: tenzan tomunaga, ryusei 601, iwamoto +10, re2005/shiden kai 4
    Maya: 2 90mm +10, sanshiki, type 21 radar kai +10, 25mm CD +6
    I400/401: 2 kyoufuu

This fleet has usually a really good opening airstrike in the first 3 nodes (thanks to the AS/AS+ and all those bombers) and the sub makes reaching the boss a joke (therefore I farm umeboshi too).
    I was a little worried about the torpedo bombers in the 3rd slot of the cranes but they survive very often so I'll keep using them to help the sub survive the first 2 nodes.
    Also, the sanshiki on Maya is not really needed but I think I'll keep using it just to be safe.
    The only problem is when I get a shitty opening airstrike and the enemy CL/DD have a chance to attack the sub on first node and when Wo kai shows up and does a good shelling attack on second node.

Last edited by Ink20; 05-20-2018 at 05:39 PM.

IGN
    f50grunt
    Server
    Iwagawa Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    @Makikaki @Ink20

Thanks for the tips. 3-5's been smooth sailing. I even managed to finish the Ise/Hyuuga quest to get the K2 rocket.

The problem I've been facing now is trying to farm 6-3 for tea and Fukae and recently I've been struggling to even get a B. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it goes poorly. I realize that's just sort of how this game works, but I'm going to post the fleet I'm using to see if there are improvements I should make.

[+] Spoiler

The double searchlight is pointless, I realize. I think I just forgot to move one when swapping equipment at some point
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard of a 99 rice max? I'm having a hard time getting RNG to give me Nori and Tea to complete a quest... but I'm near 99 rice... but hearing rumors of NOTHING dropping when rice gets to 99.... really dont want to make extra onigiri I'm never likely going to use... i can't believe it would block other drops... but then again i dont know...

edit:
    Well I can say at 99 you stop getting rice..... 4 sorties of nothing..... but cant say if it impacted other things.... since ... sometimes its 1 sortie sometimes it 15 sorties between drops of things I actually care about...

Last edited by todkapuz; 05-21-2018 at 03:23 AM.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Rep
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    @F50Grunt

6-5 is RNGfest since you're only allowed to deploy a light fleet (which is cheap so there's that) and nothing really can be done against it.

Searchlights increase food drop chance, but so do skilled lookouts; you could use TCI setup but that would also put another layer of RNG in the runs.
    There are runs when you'd get 5 taiha ships before night battle, and sometimes barely any damage with only 1-2 enemy surface ship left alive during the day... RNG is RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Rice does seem to cease dropping at 99; however anything else drops but not rice.
    Take it how you will as I only hit the cap an hour ago so...

If rice won't drop at all then it might actually be a good thing, since there won't be anything else to knock out umeboshis, teas and noris lower drop chances (assuming the dice roll takes both into account which one you'll get).

Rep
    Mentioned
    2407 Post(s)
    Why is seaweed so rare...

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5139 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makikaki View Post

Rice does seem to cease dropping at 99; however anything else drops but not rice.
    Take it how you will as I only hit the cap an hour ago so...

If rice won't drop at all then it might actually be a good thing, since there won't be anything else to knock out umeboshis, teas and noris lower drop chances (assuming the dice roll takes both into account which one you'll get).

From reports on twitter, it seems that having 99 rice only blocks rice from dropping (aka changing all rice drop to no drop), but does not have any effect on the drop rate of other food ingredients.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What are the best stages to farm tea and nori if I don't have access to world 5 yet? Rice is all too common and I get umeboshi quite frequent from 1-4.

Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makikaki View Post
    @F50Grunt
    6-5 is RNGfest since you're only allowed to deploy a light fleet (which is cheap so there's that) and nothing really can be done against it.
    I've been trying to stay with 2-4 and 4-2 while the "bonus" is active.. or whatever.... yeah... I wish there was better information on how ships etc really affected things..... for example in 2-4.. started with 1 DD in the fleet... sure got rice and stuff, but obviously almost always a deadend at N (since CVL) .... first sortie I changed my lone dd to a CT... bam my first tea... that said I think I got nori three times with the DD at the boss at 2-4, but only once with the CT..... *shrugs*

As it stands getting about 5% Ocha, 9% Nori, 10% Umeboshi, 75% Rice. Mostly with doing 2 sorties per map, then changing maps.... 1-4,1-5,2-4,4-2 but some 4-5 6-3 2-5 tossed in so far. But it really feels like, at least for me, when overfishing kicks in its ALL maps.. not just 1 maps.. there were times I'd go 3-4 sorties with nothing, take a 10 minute break... and then get non-rice thing... *Shrugs* All I know is am not looking forward to the ocha being gone from lower maps... down to the last 16 I need (for both the ASW things... dang it) ... and exactly 10 and 10 more Umeboshi and Nori needed.... and well I'm now 4 onigiri beyond having too much rice? but yeah.... Ocha.... 4-3/4-4/6-3/6-5 4-4 maybe.... 6-3 is bucket fest.. 6-5 i tend to run only 1 dd in that fleet each month.., going to continue to focus 2-4 and 4-2 until that dries up, then I guess I'll do my 6-5 monthly. *shrugs* now if Mizuho would stop getting taiha'd.... *sigh*

edit: also I really wish I could get loud-out presets... only have 5 skilled lookout things.... *sigh* and would be nice to have the best on all the ships every time.. instead of leaving the 4 fleets in "best as i can" fits with minimal work between map swaps...

Last edited by todkapuz; 05-21-2018 at 04:59 PM.