Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    The wonder I have is if the drop rate drops after you completed the quests, or if that was just frustration bias by some players.

Sitting on the final quest, and farming mats for 'extra screws'... but would like the quest cleared in case 'oops, forgot to turn in before tuesday' =D

IGN
    f50grunt
    Server
    Iwagawa Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I finally finished the quest line and got Fukae. Getting the last 20 or so rice was a struggle. I couldn't stop getting everything else, which was weirdly irritating.
    It took somewhere around 450 total sorties, 65 of which were 6-3 and 134 of which were 2-4 (43 of the 2-4 runs were only for mats after Fukae finally dropped).
    No other Kaibokan dropped, despite every battle in 2-4 having the chance for one of them (meaning at least 402 chances for a drop) on top of maybe around 50 relevant boss kills on other maps. I did, however, get 5 Shimakaze from 2-4.
    My total bucket level is still down almost 200 from when this started, thanks mostly to 6-3 usually ending with almost all of my ships in the red and not wanting to wait 6 hours between attempts.

Despite my salt about it, I don't necessarily hate this event. I think it could have been implemented better, probably with fewer mats required for all of the quests and not putting the event ship exclusively in the hell that is 6-3 and the RNG matryoshka that is 2-4.
    Aside from those my biggest problem was probably that I didn't have much of any time to play between this and the Winter event, so my resources and consumables were distressingly low for a lot of it. It was also nowhere near as bad as the Winter event for my sanity, so it's got that going for it.

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Aaaand, done. With that last nori, I finished the quest line, one extra meal ticket, and one extra deluxe onigiri for the screws (and probably 8 or so regular onigiri when I bumped up on the hard cap for rice)

I didn't track closely but I did a shitload of runs, and I'm currently down about 56k fuel, 15k ammo, 95k steel and 17k baux. Heavy steel use was abusing jets, and plenty of repairs on 4-5 and 5-5. I'm only down 25 buckets right now, but I've been running exp. 2, A2 and A3 almost constantly. At once point I was down almost 200.

Managed to drop both Fukae and Daitou, so I've completed my Kaiboukan. I would have a complete kandex, but Tashkent is a myth.

So, I'm mixed on my opinion of this as a replacement for the Spring event. This was a grind fest, no joke. An event like this highlights all of my frustrations with this type of game - obfuscated rules that you're forced to figure out for yourself, combined with a time limit. If the mechanics, hell, even SOME of the mechanics were made clear, it wouldn't be nearly the salt-fest it was. How does overfarming work? What ships / equips help? By how much? Without knowing values for those, it's hard to know if it's better to run the stronger fleet without the ships and equips to boos the drop chance, or take a shot at a gimped fleet with the buffs. When it first opened and we saw how many resources were going to be required, I decided I wasn't going to be able to finish. Then they announced the weekend buffs. It's a roller coaster.

...But not as much as an actual event. Sure, it was grindy, but I could set up a few fleets, swap between them, and grind away. It didn't require the endless sparkling and min-maxing of true event maps. Sure, there was some salt, but nowhere near the stress of a normal event.

In the end, I got two new ships and some new equipment, and I didn't expend too much salt. I guess that's a win?

Rep
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    So I'm currently on the last quest line that involves needing 50 Rice so which maps are the best to farm Rice for?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    So I'm currently on the last quest line that involves needing 50 Rice so which maps are the best to farm Rice for?
    5-4 and 3-5 both have double drop zones making them mor elikely to have at least one rice. (5-4 the second node only has rice if i am not mistaken)

3-5 Hoppo is especially easy to A-Rank if you really want to prevent from getting Tea.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    @velocius What's the best fleet comps to use for farming Rice in 5-4 and 3-5? I spent most of my time in 4-2 as it gave me all the ingredients except the Umeboshi so I haven't used any other fleet comp so far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    @silentcap 2-4 isn't bad for rice too, up to 3 each run if you're lucky.

Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    @velocius What's the best fleet comps to use for farming Rice in 5-4 and 3-5? I spent most of my time in 4-2 as it gave me all the ingredients except the Umeboshi so I haven't used any other fleet comp so far.
    3-5, i used for tea and umeboshi so i used the Maya + Zara, 3CV + SS. but if you want to get A ranks at Hoppo, you might want to switch out the CA for a CLT/CL, depending if you are worried about reaching hoppo (my comp didn't have an issue there)

5-4 i use a 3CV, CL, DD and drum carrier (using my spare Kumano for leveling, used tashkent before) CL as flag and DD has the boosting equips.

i did use the jets for 3-5 and some time in 5-4. makes it all easier but your steel suffers alot

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    @Murrue

For 2-4, what fleet comp do I need to use for it? Also, do I have to specifically ensure an A-rank in the nodes where the Rice drop just to get a chance of making them drop?

@velocius

Thanks. By the way, are the ship loadouts in those fleet comps decked for combat (i.e. 2 guns + scout plane + radar/shell) and not carrying searchlights and skilled lookouts to boost the drop rate?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    @silentcap I didn't get any drops in 2-4 at any spot that weren't S-rank..but checking it also seems I only ever S-ranked ...so not really useful to you.

For composition, I went heavy: CL, FBB, CVL, CVB, CVL, CVL . Could probably have changed composition to something lighter, but since I was tracking the routing in 2-4 I didn't want to screw up the test. [For record: 35%+ to get to the boss over 200+ runs]. The CL and FBB has skilled lookouts, the CL also a spotlight.

The map gave 76 rice, 39 nori,15 tea and one tomboy loli....but that's before this final weekend so *shrug*

Good luck though.
    -----

Ugh...long since done but... one more run! I can make another set of screws... oh, i got rice...okay, one MORE RUN and then JUST ONE MORE and I can make TWO! (this was hours ago).
    I think I just need to...walk..away.