Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2437 Post(s)
    Which is better for ingredient farming in 3-5? 3CA3CV with searchlight and skilled lookout on 1 CA or 1SS2CA3CV? The former increase chance of ingredient drop but is harder to get past hoppo compared to later.

IGN
    コスモスペンギン
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferreae View Post
    @sandrio it's not just another opening torp, but would also be a closing torp too, and if she survives do better night damage. Teste doesn't get those. On the other hand, Test will hit more ships in the opening air strike, and should hit harder during the day?
    Also, the middle node can empty some of Teste's slots if you're not lucky.

If your drop luck is like mine, you'll have plenty of tries to compare them :D The big thing for me was the sneaking in another cruiser without risking going south.
    I think performance-wise Mizuho and Teste are a wash and I actually rotate them every 2-3 sorties to delay usage of buckets.
    The problem is that if you don't get the start right your fleet could be wrecked already during the first attacks at day battle of the boss, and that is highly RNG-dependent.
    I am not satisfactory with the ratio of S ranks (once in maybe 5-10 boss fights) so comments are welcome if there are things that can be improved in my fleet composition.

BTW the full requirements for getting through the complete quest chain - 9 in total - is now known, and it isn't for the faint of heart:

Never mind the dried plums, seaweed and tea, that 148 x rice will take centuries to find already.....

Last edited by Cosmic Penguin; 05-17-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    Summer-Early Fall 2018 Event cleared in all Hard mode and all new ships acquired September 30, 2018!

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Penguin View Post
    Never mind the dried plums, seaweed and tea, that 148 x rice will take centuries to find already.....
    I don't think rice is a problem at all. Considering the ratio of rice drops to other resources, you should actually have HUNDREDS of rice before you get the required amount of other materials.

Rep
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Noice, been doing 2-5 all day with about 40 S ranks and got 28 rice and 1 nori... 20% drop for nori my ass.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2437 Post(s)
    So far my personal feel of this "mini-event" is that it'll take at least the same amount of time for a medium sized event for map just to complete all the quests, and even large scale sized quest for my goals of 2 catapults and 4 medals. Resource wise likely lesser than actual event size comparison, but the time needed is the real issue.

Hopefully this event last a month.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5161 Post(s)

From today's evening to the end of this weekend, fleets will food will be added to some of the maps.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    From today's evening to the end of this weekend, fleets will food will be added to some of the maps.
    I guess they looked at their internal stats and realized players aren't getting nearly enough ingredients to reasonably complete the event in time.

I hope this means they'll significantly boost the drop rates, especially of the non-rice ones.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5161 Post(s)

The additional fleet will be introduced today at jst 17:40.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    I guess they looked at their internal stats and realized players aren't getting nearly enough ingredients to reasonably complete the event in time.

I hope this means they'll significantly boost the drop rates, especially of the non-rice ones.
    Pretty sure they have planned this all along, as the patchnote has hinted this already.

Rep
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Well, the biggest nuisance right now is rice drops can overwrite the harder and less numerous other ingredients.

Planned on doing 6-5 for which has Tea at 50%+ chance to drop on S rank, but I know I'll only get rice... at least have us let a choice should both drop rates trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

3-5 is really, really good for farming it seems.
    Only been at Hoppou 11 times but I already got 8 tea and if she didn't rekt anyone then I get a rice with high chance as well at the boss node.

Even with all of these goodies, DE seems to drop like hotcakes here - already got 3 under 10 runs; resource wise the map is pretty gud too.

Last edited by Makikaki; 05-18-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo