Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Priority in preparation for next event

Now that Spring event almost comes to a close, the next Summer event will be my first real event. What should I do to prepare myself for it? Leveling ships? Prepare resources? Start trying LSC? Or well maybe anything that I missed. I opened the world up to 5-2 but should be able to clear it quite easily. 5-3 however, I hear that it such a pain.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)
    As said before, it is impossible to give any good advice without a full list of your ship, equipment and playing time. It is a good habit to provide all these information everytime.

Use KC3's strategy room to generate a full list.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Prepare girls and all, like those who can do AACI/OASW/OP torp/CAVs/ETC ETC plus at least 100k resources for all and 300 buckets
    Guess that will do for basic prep?

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    How to generate and bring the list here? I don't really understand how to use strat room function.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)
    Strategy Room - >Showcase -> Export Fleet

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks, here the info.
    The ships
    https://i.imgur.com/bCX6paK.jpg
    Equipments
    https://i.imgur.com/19JgHXs.jpg

Playtime is almost 3 months. Resources around 20k for everything. 500ish buckets.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)
    @game2534 These are the ships I will recommend you to train for now. We do not have any specific information on the coming event yet, so these are only ships that are generally useful in every event.

CV: Hiryuu, Souryuu, Shoukaku and Zuikaku to k2.

Both dragon will give you some of the best bombers in game, while the cranes are the best CV in game and comes with the best fighter. Prioritize the bp you are going to get for them.

CA: Train Suzuya to kai, k2 if you have a 3rd bp. Mikuma to kai as well if you manage to find her.

Suzuya is the best CAV in game at k2 and comes with a spf from her quest. You could train Hagurou and Ashigara to k2 as well if you plan to try med or above difficulty in the coming event.

CVL: Zuihou to k2b

DD: Find and train Yukikaze to at least kai (50+ preferably). Train Kasumi to k2 and Asashio to k2d if you have time

Yukikaze is one of your best TCI DD option before you attempt luckmodding, due to her very high nb power and luck. She and Ayanami will be your go-to DD pair in combined fleet against high armor surface target. Kasumi has the ability to use daihaitsu, which might be handy when there is an installation boss or transport map. Asashio k2d is one of the natural oasw dd before marriage.

Equipment:

Here is a rough priority list on crafting. As for upgrade, I will only list some of the most prominent targets. You can choose according to the day's menu.

Crafting:
    1. Craft at least 6 lbas bomber, and start doing the seasonal lbas bomber conversion quest.

2. Get 2 more ryuusei kai and 6 more suisei 12a.

3. Get 1 more T91 ap shell.

4. Get 3 more T3 sonar and 2 more T3 DC projector.

5. Get more 4 Type 0 observation plane

Complete the ship related quests for their equipment as well, especially the Iwamoto chain (remember to upgrade the base plane first before starting the quest), F13, F14, F19, A40, B27, B32.

Upgrade:
    Both proto 356 (from A40, B27) to +4
    4 T91 ap shell to +4
    all 20.3 (3) cm to +4
    10cm HAFD to max
    quint torp and late model quad torp (total of 8) to +4
    Iwamoto to max

One thing you should be aware of is not to upgrade equipments that can be easily replaced later by superior equipments. Normal quad oxy torp, 20.3 and 20.3 (2), vanilla 35.6 and 41 cm, dazzle 35.6 all belong to this category. I also do not recommend you upgrading recon and zuiun as they only give a very small amount of benefit. In general, only upgrade equipments that (1) gain extra fp/torp + accuracy from upgrade, (2) relatively cheap to upgrade, (3) will be used by your ships a lot, and (4) does not have an easily obtainable superior counterpart.

For example, ap shell is a top priority because (1) it gains sqrt(no. of star) amount of fp and accuracy; (2) it costs 1 screw and no fodder per star to upgrade before +6; (3)it is a standard equipment for any bb, and (4) though can be replaced with T1 shell, T1 shell is extremely difficult to craft and upgrade.

On the other hand, the 20.3(2) you have upgraded are usually not recommended. While it meets the first 3 criteria, its superior counterpart, 20.3 (3), will become easily obtainable while you proceed in the game, making the 20.3 (2) you originally upgraded obsolete.

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Any alternative to Suzuya if I can't find her?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game2534 View Post
    Any alternative to Suzuya if I can't find her?
    Suzuya drops readily in 5-4, so it isn't gonna be difficult finding her while you train your ships.

Kumano k2 is an alternative in terms of ship stat and functionality, but suzuya is required for the quest that gives you kyoufu kai, which is why it is generally recommended to go for suzuya first.