Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Equipment upgrades for Summer 2018

Summer 2018 will be my first summer event, and I was wondering what equipment I should focus on upgrading ahead of time.

Here's the stuff I've got: link

With the screws I've stockpiled, plus the dailies/weeklies/monthlies remaining until the event (assuming it starts around mid-August), I should have ~250 screws to play with. So far I've been doing events mainly on Normal/Easy, but I'm hoping for a mix of Normal/Hard this time around.

With all that in mind, any suggestions what to prioritize?

Rep
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Your equipment arsenal looks pretty decent.
    I would upgrade the seaplane fighters as those have been quite important in recent events. You can turn the Type 2 Seaplane Fighters Kai into a Skilled version (on par with Kyoufuu Kai) through quests.
    Other than that, you might want to upgrade your fighters too, in particular the F6F-3. Convert it into an F6F-5 and also max this one, preparing for the F6F-5N conversion. This will become your second most powerful, in terms of air power, carrier-based fighter.

P.S. How'd you get your Reppuu 601 upgraded? xD

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5054 Post(s)
    @friggo @friggo Based on what you have, here are a couple of suggestions in no particular order

1. If you have Saratoga, complete her quest chain for all the night planes. This is improve your flexibility a lot.

2. Upgrade the late model quad oxy torp. Aim for +4 first, and max it out if you are done with other stuff. The torp is the best torp for any Shiratsuyu, Asashio, Kagerou and Yuugumo k2 DD. Fodder is very easy to get. You can get 2 oxy quad from a lv10 ktkm. In the meantime, upgrade 3 more quint to +6. After that, you are ready to convert one of the quint to sextuple.

3. Get both MK7 to +4. Still the best gun in game, and the screw cost isn't unacceptable from +1 to +4, so it will be good investment. 41cm gun fodder should come easily from 5-4.

4. Upgrade a searchlight to +9. Searchlight gives +3 fp at +9, and is very cheap to upgrade. Could serve as a filler when you lack screws.

5. Remember to clear all lbas plane quests every season.

6. Try to get another rocket k2. Additional rocket fodder can be farmed by training cranes to kai. The equipment is invaluable for your holepunched CV and CAV in events. You are just a few rocket away from a 2nd one.

7. In terms of SPF, increasing the number of SPF will certainly give your more flexibility, but not necessary (most you need is probably 8). However, I do not think upgrading your existing T2 SPF to skilled version is a good idea at your stage due to how small a difference it makes. Just try putting a T2 SPF and a Kyoufu kai on a CAV and check the fighter power difference and you will understand.

8. I see that you have some spare ap shell, so upgrading your T1 shell to +4 is a good idea as well.

I think I included most of the major cheap upgrade you can do now. You will notice that I didn't include many large caliber gun. That is because of how steep the cost is, and how rapid the large caliber gun meta changes. You don't want to invest too much on things that will become obsolete quickly. Also, in half of the situations (aka CTF and any single fleet that does not allow more than 2 BB), 4 upgraded gun is all you would need.

Obviously, there are still other equipments worth upgrading, but that should wait till you complete the above list.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Kuropo If you upgrade the T52 601 squadron before completing the quests, the star will carry over.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.