Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 46cm kai bonus?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5054 Post(s)
    @DLRevan I highly doubt there is a scenario where you would want to sacrifice damage for accuracy on hotel simply due to the nature of hotel. You will only use hotel in the most difficult map (usually an EO), and so far, it is always the high armor and hp that causes problem.

If you want to achieve similar effect, you can always put the 10cm+mg in their RE slot for the main+main+secondary build.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    @211303 Hm yes, I'd forgotten about the 10cm + MG being equippable on Yamato Kai's expansion. Considering most players who are concerned about this degree of efficiency would have two copies of it for both sisters, it seems that's that for this use case.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    @211303

I'm just purely trying to see if there's viability of using 46cm kai over other guns that I have on Yamato class, like 51cm and 10* GCFS. Especially that I see no accuracy fit bonus nor FP bonus.

So if the bonus allows Yamato class to hit imps like DDs with machine guns than that is a viable reasoning. If they don't the accuracy increase doesn't have as much value as what is needed to be given up to use 15.5. That is unless there's high evasion armored abyssals in the future that makes secondary guns almost a requirement (of course not as hard to hit as imps, but still hard to hit w/o secondaries),

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5054 Post(s)
    @ofi123 I think you misunderstand.

• the x1.5 will increase by 7% due to the extra ap shell bonus.
    • x1.3 CI's triggering rate should be roughly equal to DA in the normal setup, and such a CI will outperform DA when enemy's armor is roughly above 210 armor.
    • x1.1 CI+DA's triggering rate of this new setup should be roughly equal to normal attack in the normal setup, and CI is obviously better than normal attack.

The main+main+15.5 kai+ap shell+recon and the main+main+ap shell+recon+wildcard+10cm in RE comp are both MORE ACCURATE and does MORE DAMAGE under the circumstances I specifically listed. You didn't give up anything by using 15.5 kai under those circumstances.

Last edited by 211303; 06-30-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    @211303

I get that, but I was saying Yamato class. For Sushi k2 I just slap on 51cm and not be bothered. Yamato still needs a 5 slots k2 for that setup.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5054 Post(s)
    @ofi123

If we assume hotel do not get fit bonus from any guns (we still do not know yet for the 46kai and new 51cm), slapping either 46cm kai and 51m are both not ideal regardless of the enemy in a combined fleet scenario.

This is because in combined fleet, any hotel can reach head on day cap pretty easily with upgraded proto 41 tier main gun. Any extra fp will not contribute a lot for them. To hotel, the best gun should be any gun with the highest base accuracy and enough fp to reach head on cap. MK7 series and any Triple 41cm all meet this criteria. It is better to leave the 51cm for nagato and mutsu.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    @211303

I know Yamato class doesn't really need all the FP, that's why I was trying to see if giving up DA for 15.5 is worth the trade. Just some accuracy boost isn't enough in my opinion, unless there's some high evasion armored abyssal. So the only target for getting the extra "hit chance" I can use now is imps, but having just extra accuracy the normal way isn't enough for a BB to have reliability in hitting imps.
    So I'm trying to ask if the bonus makes "Yamato class hit imps like DDs with machine guns" since that to me seems less of accuracy boosting but more of removing the ?accuracy nerf when shelling imps, unless it's really an extreme accuracy buff that overcomes the "nerf".

And yes, if there's just need for hitting power (aka no need fighter power or T3 etc), your 5 slots setup is good. Though I'll still need to ask around if a radar is better than 15.5....and that opens another can of worms of 46cm kai x 15.5 radar cut in effects on imps.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5054 Post(s)
    @ofi123

From previous tests, it is known that the combination of secondary ha gun/machine gun+skilled lookout will provide extra accuracy bonus against pt imp. Using either one of them is not going work. Yamato kai will not have the slot for such a combination, unless you totally butcher her damage against everything else by pulling one main gun out, but 5 slot BB could potentially use it. Effect is not going to be as dramatic DD as well, somewhere around 40% hit rate is what you can expect.

The whole point of BB, and both the 10cm+mg setup and 15.5 kai setup, are for improving the BB's performance against general surface target. It is not the job for a BB to deal with pt imp, and anti-pt imp loadout on BB should only be considered when the damage of the BB against any other targets are not seriously affected (aka musashi k2 with main+main+recon+ap shell+lookout+10cm mg)

Rep
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    @211303

I understand that. It's just that literally any BB gun that isn't the base version is better than 46cm kai on Yamato class, so I'm trying to see if the devs gives it anything special for people to actually use them over the other guns.
    Initially I was asking what bonus did 46cm kai gives Yamato class since I didn't see anything extra FP or accuracy fit bonus from KC3 kai. When I got to know the bonus was when paired with 15.5cm, since that means using a secondary gun I was wonder what the bonus is and if the bonus justify using a secondary gun instead of a main BB gun. Since discounting the 2 main gun and seaplane, AP shell usually comes after and that only leaves either a radar or secondary if there's a fifth slot and no fighter power is needed. Yes, 10cm+mg can be put in expansion but that isn't 15.5 that is needed for 46cm kai. So there's a lot of justification needed for 46cm kai and 15.5cm combination bonus instead of just using other stuff.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5054 Post(s)
    @ofi123 Well, that is clearly a mechanics with k2 hotel in mind. Yamato will get her k2 eventually so she will be able to make use of it in the future.

Also, this just comes in an hour ago:

This is a test for Musashi k2's gun fit. The last 4 tests all have the same accuracy stat, but only the last test carries a vanilla 46cm. The hit rate is clearly higher for this setup comparing to the other 3 controls. This is an indication that musashi k2 might gain fit bonus from 46cm.

However, more tests will be needed to confirm:

1. Whether Yamato gets 46cm fit bonus now
    2. Whether 46cm kai gives Yamato/Musashi k2 bonus on its own