Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    It's YUUGUMOO.....also seems like the new sleeveless uniform naganami has is the official yuugumo class k2 uniform.

Edit: wait no. It might be temp. Need to catch up on the tweets....

Last edited by DLRevan; 07-12-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2403 Post(s)
    Anyone knows Shirat's k2 level? I'm assuming Tenryuu's 80 like her sister.

@DLRevan

She's looks kinda fitting for her personality. There are also new quests for the kai Yuugumo class.

[+] Spoiler

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5126 Post(s)

We got another dd to 5-5 and 6-5 quest. This time we get a type B k4 ha gun from it.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    All I have to say is that Tenryuu's Tenryuus are amazing, also that I was expecting her damaged art to show a lot of skin but that didn't happened... her pose looks really badass tho.

Last edited by Kranesh; 07-12-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tenryuu turned into Tengyuu XD

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    856 Post(s)
    It seems I haven't been here for ages. I was last active since Spring Event 2018. Even my stockpiling has been stagnant. But at least I can K2 Tenryuu right away xD

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Mmm... really falling behind with those DD K2s/whatever Kai, but given all the events we've already beaten without them there's no need to fuss about them barring more historical routing walls. (and 300k rsc says I'll just bash my head through it anyway)

That's... 9...? DD upgrades I haven't bothered to level up yet, but I'm not fussed. I train whoever I want to train, not the characters the devs want to sell to me.

That recurring quest for a 12.7cm A Kai 3 LM is rather interesting though. One does wonder if anyone will go through with it considering that it eats a T94 FD every go and duckyguns can be farmed from events if anyone is desperate enough to want more of them.

Performing the one remodel I actually can do, and trying and failing to attach a daihatsu to Tenryuu K2, suggests that she really doesn't have any use at all beyond satiating the dreams of a portion of the community.

That and being involved in (unlocking) a new quarterly quest that awards rankpoints. Which is bound to rile up the group of people still dedicated enough to rank every month.

and proving that Tatsuta is better all along wahaha... well at least from a game perspective

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ
    Twitch

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai
    Yeah, it seems they went full-selling mode since that quest smells a little like pay-to-win for rankers, because most of the ships needed are nothing to write home about (in fact I slowly got rid of every Mikawa fleet ship after completing their quests because of that and because I like Ashigara more than Choukai and I couldn't afford another slot for a CA since, until now, I'm a rare combination of veteran/100slotter/ranker).

Last edited by Ink20; 07-13-2018 at 11:18 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5126 Post(s)
    So a couple of summary on the patch:

1. Shiratsuyu k2

69 fp+87 torp makes her among the top tier dd in terms of combined night battle power. She also has very high base ASW, and can trigger OASW pretty easily before marriage. Overall, a very solid DD that can fulfill OASW, anti-installation and regular torpedo squadron roles.

2. Yuugumo k2

Pretty strange that she only has 67 fp+87 torp. While that is not low, it certainly isn't what you expect from the most modern IJN DD. The biggest thing going for her is the ability to use medium bulge like other Kagerou/Yuugumo class k2, which is very useful in a 3-5 south/6-3 map where you face a lot of DD/CL type.

3. Tenryuu k2

Well, this is a very weird k2, to say the very least. Statwise, the most prominent change is the +40AA, meaning she is potentially designed for AA purpose. She also has 2 AACI, which are +2, x1.25 (any 2 HA gun), and +3, x1.3 (any 3 HA gun), but with that kind of bonus, using her for AACI does more harm than good.

Her k2 form also cannot carry any secondary gun (so you can't use the best HA gun in game, and no red+yellow+yellow comp for firepower), large radar, scout plane, daihaitsu, but with the ability to equip Ka-gou and large searchlight. This means she isn't particularly good for expedition like her sister. Her ASW is also 2nd lowest among CL, meaning unless there is special mechanics with Ka-gou in the future, using her as ASW ship is not a particularly good idea.

Overall, I don't really know what her k2 design is supposed to achieve other than an art update.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NanashiYoukai View Post

That recurring quest for a 12.7cm A Kai 3 LM is rather interesting though. One does wonder if anyone will go through with it considering that it eats a T94 FD every go and duckyguns can be farmed from events if anyone is desperate enough to want more of them.

Well, both the k3 gun and k4 gun are the best support gun for their respective ship class, and will be the best gun for them once they can be upgraded. As you say, cost is really the issue here, and depending on the upgrade cost, the performance increase of these guns probably isn't worth it for people with tons of max duckie gun already, especially when you consider that a certain gun will only work for certain ship class.

Last edited by 211303; 07-13-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    For me it the new Kai 2s seem to be a matter of choice. In the early years, you had little choice. Either level up Poi or go home, for example. I'm hoping for more such choice, because there's still many niches that have long been dominated by a single ship.

The same characters feature more prominently in fanart/stories as well as official books and even the anime, so they're the most popular regardless.

But today we have multiple difficulty settings, and some people given the choice would like their favorites to receive an upgrade. They only have to be "good enough"...which is how I'm trying to see tenryuu and to a lesser extent yuugumo. I still think tenryuu needs at least one useful gimmick. But looking at a friend whose stubborn dedication dedication leads him to use only tenryuu, sendai and Isuzu for CLs, this means a lot. And coincidentally, Tenryuu is a particularly popular.....backbencher at least, due to her media exposure and permanent expedition status. So it's great she got some kind of stat upgrade, even though it falls behind even the high end k2 DDs.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo