Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)

Waifu Considerations

LOL, yes, another "who to waifu" thread. FYI - I don't have a lot of waifu ships, but I do have some spare rings I bought way back just sitting around and probably about time I use one or two of them (want to keep a couple since I don't plan on buying many more if any). While I'm not 100% "objective"/power-game with this (i.e. choosing waifu strictly in terms of game play benefit), objective benefit is a significant factor for me along with how much I like the particular ship-girl in question.

Currently, I have a few BB ringed so while I like BB, probably won't ring another anytime soon. Other than BB, I have Taihou and Kitakami ringed (again, don't have a lot of waifu). Right now I'm considering a couple more CV to keep Taihou company: Saratoga Mk.II (NOT Mod 2 as I like having her built-in NB CVCI ability to free up that 4th slot though I do get the reasons for Mod2), and Intrepid Kai. So before I spend a couple rings, I'd like some feedback on whether ringing either one or both is a good/solid choice in terms of game play benefits.

- Saratoga Mk.II: Maybe not my favorite CV, but I do like Saratoga's art & personality so that's a plus. In terms of game play benefits, I think ringing works well with her, particularly given her low evasion (either form). Understand diminishing returns with evasion, but hers is low enough even at level 99 to the point I think there's some material benefit with higher evasion. Sara's not cheap to sortie so reduced cost helps. Also, the luck boost may help with NB CVCI trigger (not 100% sure if that's a trigger factor, but I think it is). More HP doesn't hurt either.

- Intrepid Kai: Not a fan of the artwork, but whatever at this point. Personality wise, she's OK. In short, like her well enough I suppose, but definitely other ships (incl. CV(B)) I like better. Still, this isn't a deal killer if waifu game play benefits are sufficient. Honestly, the waifu benefits don't seem as compelling for Intrepid as it does for Saratoga. Intrepid is expensive to sortie so reduced cost is a plus. The HP boost helps as she has relatively low HP for a full size fleet CV (offset by high armor stat). Evasion's not great, but it's OK-ish. Still, not seeing as much benefit as with Saratoga (who I like more anyway). Main reason for consideration is that while not a CVB, right now I think Intrepid is easily the "go to CV" for tough maps given first two slot sizes and overall plane capacity. So... not sure, but there's good game play value for ringing, I'll go ahead and do that.

Lastly, assuming that it's worth putting an RE on both of them (usually put one on a waifu ship). I've been saving those (use sparingly) so I do have some to spend when warranted.

Appreciate any thoughts/advice on the above. Thanks.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Ring Houshou instead cuz MAMA need a PAPA~

Joke aside.....I will choose Saratoga CVB - cuz CVB really cost quite a lot plus will be used often - but you chose not to CVB her so this point is invalid....
    On other hand....Intrepid - Is seldom sortied with and chose to sortie with CVB/CVL recently, there are other good choices of normal CV to run after all.....

Its down to matter of preferences, which 1 do you like better since I hardly see any real point in ringing either or both of them.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    @D Des: Thanks for the reply. As for Saratoga. Again, I get the argument for CVB for, but there are few times when I do want NB CVCI, and Mk.II form has that built in which frees up another slot for say one more fighter to get AS/AS+. However, sure, the CVB form is very useful and you don't go with NB CVCI load out all that much. Kind of six of one, half-dozen of another situation IMO. However, can convert to CVB if I want at some point. Regardless, seems to me that there's some significant enough "objective"/game play benefits to ringing Saratoga so welcome new waifu Saratoga.

As for Intrepid, you make a fair point. These days, it seems it's all about CVB unless you need massive airpower (so Intrepid then Kaga for that), or 2x CVL generally for STF fleets. I think I'll hold off on Intrepid for now. Still on the fence and hopefully will get some more opinions on that.

Lastly, out of curiosity, thoughts on which CV(B) to ring since you don't see a point to either one of these (outside of Saratoga CVB). Assuming you'd go with Cranes K2A since CVB. Honestly, I've been thinking of ringing Prinze Eugen for a long time since I like her a lot, but see original post regarding game play benefits so haven't done it yet. She's already more than sufficiently luck modded so the luck boost would be a waste with her. Still, one of my favorites (favorite CA) so there is that I suppose. Really would like to see her get a nice K2 sometime soon.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.