Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5156 Post(s)

Detail of KC HTML5 Block-1

Block-1 is the most basic version, consisting the shift to HTML5 and almost all the existing features, as well as the early introduction of some new features. New features will be introduced in stages with each Block.

Some info about Block-1:

1. All ships will be inherited.
    2. All equipment will be inherited.
    3. There will be introduction of new maps and update for some of the maps.
    4. The progress of each world from map 2 will be reset.
    5. Expansion of dock and slots will be inherited.
    6. All items will be inherited.
    7. No existing equipment will be removed from game.
    8. Graphics of some of he equipment might be updated.
    9. The equipment slot might be expended, free of charge.
    10. The Summer Event scheduled in late August will be introduced once Block-1 is introduced and stable.

Block-1's introduction is scheduled to be in early August. The schedule is subject to change.

Last edited by 211303; 08-04-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    4. The progress of each world after map 2 will be reset.
    Wait, I have questions about this:
    1) Does this mean we can get the EO medals again for this month?
    2) Are the maps unlocked with their hp bar reset, or all post -3 maps locked until we clear the prior maps?
    does this mean that we'll need to re-clear -3 to unlock -4, re-clear -4 to unlock EO, and we can get the EO medals again for this month?

I wonder will they reset the quests or not as well.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5156 Post(s)
    @ofi123

1) There isn't much detail, but I will assume so and clear all EO before Block-1 just to be safe. Don't want to miss out 25 free screw.

2) Again, no detail from the tweet. However. since map 1 of each map isn't included in that statement, I will assume that you can access each of the x-1 in each World after update.

3) The tweet didn't mention anything quest related.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    The impression i get is that we'll have to clear world 3 and onwards again to access the EOs. Probably because there will be new maps in even world 3 to 5.

I'm abit peeved though. I haven't cleared some of the more recent advanced quests requiring world 6. I better finish them off or it's going to be a pain...

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh be sad if they do anything to change 5-4's place as the easy ranking map. And needing to unlock it all over again through 5-3

Honestly, the one change they could make to the old maps which would be received with unanimous approval would be getting rid of completely random routing and meaningless off routes. Something like ADEL really has no right to exist, along with other moronic offroutes like the furniture box in 3-2 and that utter nonsense fest that is 3-4 and World 4 routing. If anything, they could set all those completely random spins to something which relies on the players' comp for a 100% chance of routing towards the boss. But this is just dreaming and wishful thinking.

While I could also say that World 5, possibly W4 too, probably merits a difficulty increase (World 6 is, in my opinion, fine due to the extremely restricted composition requirements of most of the maps there), blood is gonna be shed somewhere if that isn't accompanied by a corresponding improvement in not being screwed by totally random spins to reach the boss in the first place.

According to my currently unlocked quests list, the only maps I need to attack right now are 3-2 and 6-1. So I'm fine with clearing all map progress :D

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 08-04-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ
    Twitch
    (VC4 LP daily@1pm JST)

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai Back in the day it made sense (in a way) as there were much fewer mechanics to give a degree of difficulty and complexity to the quests. Gamers also had more patience, or rather grinding and repeat loops in games was somewhat the norm. AEDL is hard enough, but it just continued the existing map design the game had. There's a need to make the maps something of a time sink especially when we gets quests to go back.

I actually do expect random routing to be minimized in the new maps since in terms of map design, KC has moved beyond that, as evidenced by event maps and the newer World 6 maps. World 5 is actually very old, even though the difficulty makes us sometimes forget that.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Nice touch about expanding the equipment slot for free, hopefully they will do the same for the Shipgirls slots.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    The best changes will be eliminating all random routing. (I can live with 1-1 being the exception)

And glorious 4k port and KCpedia to see our waifus in 2160p.I will settle for 1080p. Sorties can remain at original to save bandwidth.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    @ofi123 It was stated the game resolution and window size would be increased, though they didn't say how much.

I'm actually interested in if they will change the aspect ratio. The old resolution is 800x480 (5:3), which used to be the most common Android aspect ratio. Today targeting the same market means 1280×720 or 1920x1080, both are 16:9 and are also significantly higher res compare to what we had before (and the latter would require serious work to get to)

Given the legacy assets and stuff though, my pessimistic estimate is 900x540. Optimistically, if no change in ratio? 1280x768, but it would result in scaling issues on a lot of phones.

No reason for sorties and port to have different resolution.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Hope it all goes well with transition being so close to an event. Timings not what I would have preferred. Hate to have an issue where something didn't get inherited due to error right before an event. Not sure how I would be able to request a fix on that given not fluent in Japanese (also not in Japan if that's an issue). As for the map resets, speculation of course, but have the feeling that all but World 1 will reset which means that even if say 5-1 or 6-1 is open (assuming one has cleared that far), still have to clear all the maps and get to EO. Bit to do right before/during an event for extra medals. :/

As for off-routing, agree about eliminating (5-5) or moderating some of that on other maps, but not sure if wholesale elimination of off/random routing on all maps is the right way to go. Events are a different deal of course.

One thing I am hoping for is better overall graphics. Not expecting much. Be fine with 720p, though sure, 1080p better.
    @211303: Thanks for the info as always.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.