Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    ....I think I'll just call these new maps.

Trying to redo the refreshed EOs before the month ends may be a challenge at this rate. If all the maps are as new as these and needing to figure out new routing, this may as well be an event itself for doing all 7 EOs. Imagine doing up to 19 maps with new layout and routing in 2 weeks lol.

Last edited by ofi123; 08-05-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Yay actual geography in KanColle maps!

geography geek in me giggles frenetically in anticipation

But oh come on you lazy butts could have done better than reusing Okinawa for 1-2 and 1-4.

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 08-05-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: revanchism got ahead of me
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

See you at Comiket 94! 一日目(金)メー11b
    Twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Dem HD maps tho.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    @ofi123: Yep, there's a lot to do between all the new maps in terms of figuring out branching, AS requirements, etc., and a "medium plus" size event (if I have that right). Event probably won't be a month long, but I imagine at least 3 weeks (and medium + to me = the older 7 map large events in length given multi-gauge maps, all the unlocking phases, etc.). Of course vanguard/hard-core types will finish the event fairly quickly so may then go to work on the new 'normal" maps to get monthly EO done as best they can. We'll see long that takes to filter down to KC Wikia for English only like myself. Lot of work in all that so certainly not expecting Worlds 1 to 5 done before end of Sept by any means. Is what it is. Maybe event will reward more medals than usual to compensate.

With the new maps, have to wonder about certain things like Orel cruising at 2-3, 3-2-A leveling, 5-4 for ranking (not that I rank consistently, etc.).

Lastly, you may know this already, but according to KC Wikia, not with "Block 1", but at some point graphics supposed to be upgraded to "High-Definition Quality". Whether that's 1080p or not, no clue, but have to think at least 720p which is still a marked improvement. Like that.

----
    @Kranesh: Definitely look better. Whole game should look a lot better once it's all done.

Last edited by goesto11; 08-05-2018 at 05:34 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    @goesto11

If they truly mean HD, at minimum that's 720p. Trying to get all the drop and remodel screenshots again will be a pain

As for the maps, just World 1 looks almost unrecognizable. I wonder will there be any changes to repeating quests for composition if any of the related maps have significant routing changes.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    @ofi123 In the context of the tweet and I believe the previous info, there's nothing definitive on whether it'll actually be HD, only higher resolution. 720p would be nice, but I'm not going to hold them to it at least based on what they've teased.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That seems like some really bad news for someone who planned to rank and take it easy (thanks to Bq2) in preparation for the next event.
    Also, I don't like how the maps of world 1 look as threatening as the ones of world 6 or events (I'm talking just about the colours) and I kinda fear it will be a change for the worse like the less cute k2 of Hamakaze and Naganami or series like AoE, Diablo and Starcraft* (in that case I could change my "ability" into "emergency exit").

*Just my subjective opinion.

Last edited by Ink20; 08-05-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    @ofi123: Agree. I think we are looking at 720p at least, BUT speculation and I'm definitely not sure about anything higher than that. It's hard to think of anything less than 720p as "HD Quality" (assuming TL is right), and lets face, these days 720p is on the lower end of the spectrum. OTOH, 720p is still markedly better than what we have now so a welcome upgrade. Another question is whether we get markedly improved animation graphics for battles.

As for repeating quests, etc., I'm limited in terms of information (have to wait for English TL to filter down). All I've seen is the World 1 changes (maps 1 to 4), so not sure about other worlds, but I thought that they were changing worlds 1 to 5, and I expect to see significant changes whether changes to the nodes (e.g. World one example maps), changes in enemy comps, branching etc. In sort, I'm expecting a lot of changes, and as a result, much of the existing map information will be obsolete.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Since nobody has mentioned it yet, today there was a small update. Basically, reminder that the max ship/equipment slots and registered fleets have been increased, and that they will carry over to Phase 2 if you buy them. Also that modded equipment and aircraft proficiency will also be carried over.

Nothing unexpected, since it would be silly to not retain cash shop upgrades, including the spending of screws. Also, I'm pretty certain at this point, that there is no actual data migration. The existing databases should be upgraded and a new API implemented at most to interface with the new client, which makes sense to me.

Saw some speculation running around that KC is set at least after 1991, due to Kansai Int Airport (or rather the artificial island its built on) appearing on the new 1-3 map. It does make some sense in the general feel and vague setting of the game, especially given what we've seen in CGs. Of course, you can be cynical and just say they copied more modern maps without thinking to make the previews.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5061 Post(s)
    @DLRevan

That tweet was just saying that there was an expansion in last maint, not yesterday.

The sexiest bridge ever made.