Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread

Thread: Fall 2018 Anime

Rep
    Mentioned
    4866 Post(s)

Fall 2018 Anime

Fall's chart is out!

[+] Spoiler

Anichart is getting better so no omissions this time.

Rep
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Seriously, fall season looks really meh so, far the only shows I'm gonna watch are:

-Goblin Slayer (hype, hype, hype)

-Fairy Tail (Cuz I wanna see how the trainwreck ends)

-SAO (Cuz I wana see how the trainwreck continues)

-Conception (The concept and the game were actually fun so I'm interested in this one)

-Ace Attorney 2 (More of this is really cool)

-Irozuku Sekai (PA Works FTW)

-Kishuku Gakkou (I need a good yuri show)

-Release the Spice (Interesting premise)

-Radiant (Another interested premise)

-Rerided (Reminds me of a certain videogame, this one might be good)

-Senran Kagura (Because I need my ecchi fix)

-Bunny girl-senpai (The premise seems dumb but I bet this show will be funny)

Last edited by Kranesh; 08-10-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4866 Post(s)
    I'm interested in: Goblin Slayer, Golden Kamuy 2, Gurazeni 2, Irozuku Sekai (Because PA Works), Jojo, Slime-sama, Index 3, Tsurune (Because KyoAni), Usasugiru (Because Daga Kobo).

@Kranesh Kishiku Gakkou is a romance show. It's literally Romeo and Juliet with comedic violence. Also try Slime-sama. Seriously one of the better isekai manga running now.

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7828 Post(s)
    There really is like nothing this season too, it looks just as bland as summer with the only thing really carrying it being sequels and goblin slayer which I feel will be an absolutely horrible adaption (I read it a while back and I can't see it working as an anime but if it proves me wrong eeh).

At least we'll have more memes from Jojo. I heard the 5th one is a fan-favourite up there with part 3 so we'll see how it turns out. That and our great NUMBA TWO will make it pretty hype for the few good shows on.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Will only return for Yuzuki.

Rep
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Seems I'm the only one HYPED MAX for GRIDMAN.....juz hope they do good work with diz classic remake.

Kind of want to watch the old show again......which is hard to find now.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Alright, time to start the grand list for Fall 2018:

Must Watch:

Zombieland Saga:
    What seems billed as a horror show is actually a zombie-moe(!) show about a group of girls from different eras brought back from the dead to "save Saga Prefecture" for no apparent reason other than that it's possible. The results, so far, are hilarious.

Goblin Slayer: The grimdark antithesis of the standard fantasy hero adventure story; people screw up, make mistakes and die. And then there's Goblin Slayer, who plows through the teeming hordes of goblins like a freight train through the car of the poor sod who thought it would be a good idea to run the tracks...

Because they're on:

Pretty much everything else (will annotate later).

Not watching (don't touch with a 10 foot barge pole)

To Aru Majutsu no Index 3: ---this series long ago exceeded the threshold at which i could willingly suspend my disbelief, particularly with regard to the series' politics and how Academy City effectively becomes a proxy for Japanese ultranationalism as it successively humiliates Russia, Europe, and then the U.S by means of war (Russia) or military intervention (the US, France) during and after the World War 3 arc.

Fairy Tale

SSS Gridman.

Last edited by firemagnet; 10-12-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    I have never been interested in as little shows in a season as the current one.. Normally, I would plan to watch at least 10 shows each season, but currently the only shows I am watching are Slime, Bunny Girl, and Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu. I also plan on watching Index S3 at some point in the future, after having finished S2.

It appears to me that there are many yuri/yaoi shows are airing this season, which I am not particularly a fan of. Is this a record season in this regard?

Rape also kills it for me immediately, so no Gob slayer.. It is disgusting and I cannot get myself to watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you guys like Uchi no Maid? I actually quite enjoyed Yuru Yuri. @Leyana Anima Yell! is also Doga Kobo, not watching this one though? It seems cute enough to me, might start watching this one.
    Irozuku Sekai also seems pretty decent but have not watched it (yet).

Last edited by Kuropo; 10-12-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    1130 Post(s)
    This season, there are some good and some bad ones also. The strongest one got my attention is Zombieland. Honestly I read the title, I was expecting the usual zombie plot where the main character wake up and the town has become zombie outbreak. What a twist. XD

Everyone also, please be careful with traffic. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    After watching all the shows this season, I'm gonna say that I'm impressed with all the stuff I'm watching, so here's my list: (this list doesn't include sequels)

-Goblin Slayer: Must watch, this is a great series from the dark fantasy genre and I highly recommend the anime and the manga, also the LN... be warned, it's extremely graphic.

-SSSS. Gridman: This is a very good take on the Sentai genre, the episodes are kinda confusing but things get slowly explained, it's made by Trigger so it's pretty good looking but it might be a hit or miss for some.

-Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara: PA Works delivers again, I can say that this is a very decent drama with an interesting story... also with the scummiest grandma in the story of anime, a must watch in my opinion.

-Boarding School Juliet: A fun take on Romeo and Juliet, it's nothing spectacular but it's a pretty decent comedy to pass the time, it might get pretty interesting later on.

-Release the Spyce: A story about ninjas drugging themselves to fight against an evil organization, jokes aside... it's pretty good, interesting and fun. Created by the mind behind Akame ga Kill and Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero... I expect things to get really dark sooner or later.

-The Bunny girl anime: Muh feels, the summary for this show doesn't do justice... the first two episodes are extremely good with all the drama and other situations, I think this show will get better and better from now on, a must watch this season.

-Zombieland Saga: It's insane, random and sexy, it's probably one of the best comedies this year and also a deconstruction of the Idol genre, a must watch this season as well.

-SAO Alicization: I know talking about SAO is taboo in many places, but this season aims to be the best of the entire series, considering how long and good this arc is in the LN. It's gonna be a very long project that will last a year, so things are looking really good.

-Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Yeah, this is my guilty pleasure for the season.

-Slime Tensei: Probably one of the best isekai series out there, a must watch and a must read!

-Uchi no Maid: Literally Nagamon the animation, and it's awesome.

-Bloom into You: The yuri anime of the season, everyone is in love of this show and it's pretty much like Citrus without all the edge... and that is cool in my book.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Kranesh; 10-17-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1130 Post(s)
    Tsurune is very nice. It's so beautiful and deep. It makes me want to learn Kyuudou too. >__<