Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)

Event Discussion: 拈華微笑の釣り野伏 (★4 Sadowara-jou Event)

JP Wiki

8/28 (Tue) to 9/11 (Tue)

It is a drop event with a Mountain bonus. Complete the map to have a chance for a castle to drop. If they do not drop, the next completion has a higher chance of dropping. Difficulty does not affect drop rates or rarities as far as we know. Only the event map itself affects the drop rarity. The easier maps (E-1, E-2) are much less likely to drop the ☆4 units, and the harder maps (E-3+) almost only ever drop ☆4. As a note, E-X1 and E-X2 drop 3 and 4 jinmusume from their warehouses respectively, so they are a good place to level one girl while farming.
    The chance brackets are
    1~2 Slightly increased chance
    3~7 Increased chance
    8+ Greatly increased chance

Rewards are
    ★4 Sadowara-jou

Skill: Increases ASPD by 27%
    Stratagem: Increases Target's ATK by 1.5x and Area of Effect by 1.5x for 30s. (Target Self Only)
    Cost: 5 ki
    Cooldown: 50s

★2 Utoko-jou

Skill: Increases Regen by 30.

E-1
    Special Mission: Complete without gigantifying (any difficulty)
    Reward: 5000 Gold

E-2
    Special Mission: Complete without taking any damage on Tono (any difficulty)
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kai-ichi]

E-3
    Special Mission: Complete without losing any warehouses (any difficulty)
    Reward: Byakusen [Kai-ichi]

E-X1
    Reward: ★2 Utoko-jou
    Special Mission2 : Complete without losing any warehouses (hard only)
    Reward: ★3弓 為朝の弓(+3) (Bow)

You can be pretty okay just by defending near warehouses.
    1/17/18 are fairly crucial to protect A/B. C should be safe after that, and then you can defend D from 28 depending on your units.
    Be careful of the dogs and shields backdooring at 29 after they go into the caves or exit on the bottom left.
    You'll likely want ranged units at 14 and 27, particularly because of the airships later, and just to support your melee. A bow works quite well at 14, just be wary of the large number of magic units that come through later.

E-4
    Reward: Byakusen [Kai-ichi]

E-5
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kai-ichi]

Blocking at 21 is fairly strong. Supporting with a Spear at 16, Ranged at 20/25 is pretty easy.
    I think a Spear at 15 is pretty good too since they can easily range the enemies that go 23-18 whereas Swords might be able to get one hit in.
    Something at 11 to stay safe from backdoors.
    I think 3 and 5 are safe until the boss shows up. Then retreat them and let 21 tank it.
    The backdoor and the wasps are probably the most dangerous? The ranged at 3/5 and 20 probably need to be able to kill them. If 20 can't reach, 19 might be necessary?

E-X2
    Reward: ★4 Sadowara-jou
    Special Mission2 : Complete without losing any warehouses (hard only)
    Reward: ★3槌 神木の槌 (+3)

This map needs fairly strong tanking and DPS to succeed. You can either tank the enemies and then slowly kill them or burst the shit out of them and kill them before they can stack up the damage.
    The big problems are the bears and whips which have fairly high burst damage. The whips do three hits (?) and hit an area of effect, so if they're blocked at 19, they splash 24, and maybe even 20.
    The gold bears have increased attack speed when they get below 50% HP.
    The high volume of enemies means if you don't do enough damage, you can get overrun pretty quickly.

The enemies basically all come from 13-15-19 and 26. The bigger defensive focus is at the 19 fork. The battering rams eventually show up at 26 though and you see the archer knights there too.
    From my experience, 23 is a fantastic position for a Spear. Block at 19 and 26. Ranged support at 18 and 25 if needed for the low ground. A strong doubleshot Bow at 17 is enough to defend the high ground if your low ground doesn't leak anything 14-11-9. Otherwise, you can support with a melee or an extra token at 22 to slow down the rabbits. 24 is a great spot for Bicchuu-Matsuyama's token, but it can get sniped by the archers.

Setup for Normal
    25: Bicchuu-Matsuyama
    22: Kasugayama
    18: Ranged Support
    17: DPS Bow
    23: DPS Spear
    19: Block
    26: Block

My setup for Hard
    29: Bicchuu-Matsuyama
    25: Iwadonoyama
    22: Kasugayama
    18: Osaka
    23: Hikone
    17: Okou
    19: Neuschwanstein
    26: Frankenstein

I run a pretty heavy ki team here since I didn't want to bother with taking the bottom right without blocking.
    On Normal, I could do this without Hikone or Osaka, but the damage on Hard ended up being a bit high.
    A strong Spear works really well though. Even with mountain, they can range far enough to kill the archer knights before they do significant damage to 24. It supports both lanes really well. I would immediately max her so she can DPS for 19.
    A strong blocker at 19 stops you from getting backdoored from 11-9-16. A healer at 18 can help keep her up, but if you end up lacking the DPS, they might walk past your block if you reach the limit. Frankenstein being the blocker would allow for more damage output, though she's not as tanky as a Shield would be. Alternatively, you can run some strong DPS and speed boost through all the enemies so you take less damage and kill them quickly.
    I only block at 26 to stop the battering rams and Sadowara. It might be possible to just have ranged at 25 and 29 to slow them down and kill them, but I think blocking is easier, especially if you have a maxed healer at 18 supporting both sides.
    25 isn't super necessary. I just use Iwadonoyama to charm the archers so they do less damage to my tokens.29 is also deadweight if you end up blocking at 26 successfully, I just use her ki token. If you use Bicchuu-Matsuyama, you can have her at 25 to help support 26 instead
    A strong maxed Bow at 17 can kill the hammer rabbits on her own. Okou is really good here because she can buff 23 with her skill. Interestingly though, when I maxed my Osaka, my Okou ended up having too much range and started shooting the low ground when the rabbits showed up, so watch for how much range you put up there. You can put a melee at 22 to be safe.
    After you kill the last cavalry or lower them enough for 17/18/23 to kill them, you can retreat 19 and reposition her at 22 to block Murao if your unit at 22 isn't strong enough to stop her.

Last edited by Folseus; 09-06-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Manage to clear E-1 and E-2 on first try with my still under leveled Shiromusu, and struggle for 4 days and 3 nights with E-3.

Compared with Stephan, this boss can shot an arrow! it shock me when my just placed Shiromusu wrecked in less than 3 seconds. (I thought he would stay still for a while like Stephan)
    The farmer kabuto also give me headache... Glad I found the right spot last night, with an extraordinary caution I can farm it now.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    Cleared E-X1, I put a cannon at 23, it's a safe spot outside Utoko's range. For some reason enemies coming from that side will stop for few seconds before they move again. The cannon will get free shot and weaken the enemies before they move down again. It will make the right side much easier to handle, I don't even need to put a defender for D. I just put healer at 20, cannon at 23 and archer at 27, that will cover the right side. When the cannon grow in size, it will also cover the middle.

I think a bell also will work too at 23, it's very strategic spot. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    After checking JP wiki, I notice this farmer kabuto a new added kabuto.

IIRC I've saw him month ago in a game play video of other player, is this a new Kabuto or I'm not searching wiki hard enough?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    @Nattō Not sure, first time I seen it, I think. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    @Nattō

It's new added for me too....

For sure I will remember if there's a new BIG MOB running to you with a HOE HEADS UP and able to PLOW whoever your girls UNDER 1 HIT.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    It seems the farmer kabuto mechanic when goes below 50% HP, will get some kind of buff and start running. One of the new event map, I forgot which, has a lot of farmer kabutos, just take them out 1 by 1. If you use AOE and trigger multiple of them, can be quite funny. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think I mistook it with the bow Kabuto Bowbuto.png (the helmet part look a bit similar).

It does quite scary when they charging onto you, Sawayama of mine unable to hold him without support and then 2 hit my Tono.
    After failing a lot, I'm started to think bell was the most powerful type, my 2 gunner got their hand full after a lot Kabuto charging in, and took long time to kill 1 of those Farmer, while Nitta continuous attack and damage increase/decrease, kill multiple Kabuto with ease.

I'm thinking the magic, staff and bell overall better than other ranged, their ignore defense really powerful.
    Is there any downside from using only magic type for ranged?

Last edited by Nattō; 09-06-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattō View Post
    It does quite scary when they charging onto you, Sawayama of mine unable to hold him without support and then 2 hit my Tono.
    After failing a lot, I'm started to think bell was the most powerful type, my 2 gunner got their hand full after a lot Kabuto charging in, and took long time to kill 1 of those Farmer, while Nitta continuous attack and damage increase/decrease, kill multiple Kabuto with ease.

I'm thinking the magic, staff and bell overall better than other ranged, their ignore defense really powerful.
    Is there any downside from using only magic type for ranged?
    The major disadvantage of overreliance on magic damage is their mediocre range as compared to guns or cannons, and their low total damage output against high hp targets, especially ones that can't be blocked like fliers and ultra-powerful bosses. Bells in particular do minimal damage by themselves against anything stronger than trash mobs, although the support effects can be more than powerful enough to make up for it. Nitta-kanayama has both multiplicative damage enhancement and reduction that's good against basically anything as long as it stays in range and doesn't aim at her, while with others like Luxembourg or Hamada or I think Tendou you have to consider if it's better to increase damage output or survivability.

Staffs are more straightforward, being basically ideal against small numbers of heavily armored targets, but since they're single target and still medium-ranged and very squishy, they don't work as well against bigger groups and they also can't take down the slow fliers like a gun or bow could.

Talismans are more complicated, because the slow effect is most powerful against single ultra-tough targets that require sustained concentrated fire no matter what you have to work with. In most circumstances, a talisman is effectively just a weaker staff, and at first it's probably going to be the only magic damage option for most terrain types because staffs are so much rarer.

For this event's EX-1 map specifically, a bell is very convenient because from 20 and 23 and maybe 27 she can reach most enemies on the northeast half of the map before they reach warehouses, which frees up the good melee for the south and southwest, but that still leaves the problem of taking down the slow fliers at the end, which basically requires a decently powerful gun or preferably a bow, especially on hard.

Rep
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    In addition to what EnragedFilia said, most Bells in general work better with non-magic units together since most of the good ones have DEF reduction on their skill. This lets the non-magic unit deal more damage to a high defense target. Since the magic units ignore defense, they don't get any benefit from this debuff.