Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5161 Post(s)

Early Fall event 2018 wrap up thread

Event has just ended, so it's time for some reflections and commiseration.

How did you go?

How'd you find the event?

Did you finish what you came to do?

How much resources did you end up blowing?

Plus any other comments that come to mind.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5161 Post(s)

Clearing rate of each map:

E1: about 90%
    E2-3: about 95%
    E4: about 95%
    E5: about 90%

So about 69% of the ttk who have started the event cleared e5.

Most chosen difficulty for each map:

E1-2: Hard
    E3: Normal
    E4: Easy
    E5: Casual>Normal>Hard>Easy (the gap is very little between each choices)

Last edited by 211303; 10-10-2018 at 05:09 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2437 Post(s)
    Event is mid tier for salt inducing. E-5-2 is harder than E-5-3.

Technically I got a copy of all the girls I want. (All new girls, Luigi and Bismarck) Though I still need a 3rd Luigi and now Gotland. Failed 1 hp mod and still leveling another pair that I got from this event.
    Still failing to LSC 2nd sushi though, which lead me to running below 100 fuel when trying to find extra Luigi/Gotland in E-4 before the maintenance starts.

Requesting for a 720p .PNG screenshot of Nelson kai during remodel with the rainbow background.
    Chrome really screwed me over with screenshots that have small duration window due to the frequent small hiccups here and there.

Last edited by ofi123; 10-10-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    How did you do?

Pretty damn well. Managed to clear every map above casual/easy for the first time. Plus, I got a ton of new ships - 18 in fact. So I don't really have anything to complain about.

Definitely felt easier than the other two events I've done. Not sure if that's because of having better ships or a better understanding of what to expect, but either way it wasn't too salt-inducing.

Yup. It was my goal to get as many new ships as possible and I met that goal. Just 12 months into the game and I'm 6 ships short of a full kandex - 3 trophy destroyers, 2 submarines and a certain carrier who hasn't appeared in any event in over a year.

Total resource losses during the event period were 304k fuel, 171k ammo, 148k steel, 114k bauxite, 974 buckets. Granted, some of that was due to weeklies, but most of it went to farming. Lots and lots of farming. Getting Luigi Torelli took literally half of those resources (149k fuel, etc for just farming her alone), but I don't regret it one bit

Other comments: Thank you for all those event walkthrough guides, 211303! They were really helpful.

Last edited by friggo; 10-10-2018 at 05:59 AM.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Dropped from hard to medium from e3 and onward..was expecting to do e3 on hard, but decided 'i just don't care enough' *shrug* Suppose I could have done hard longer, maybe even clear, but meeeeh - wanted more resources for saury/potential real fall event...and didn't expect the event to extend THIS much.

Honestly, only difficulty was E5P2...and I think that was more inherited salt: hearing everyone whine about it lead to 'sparkle everything'.
    Going through logs, was 21 total ATTEMPTS at W...where 6 didn't even make it to the boss, and only 6 actually tries at last dance...and just one after 201's suggestions. Definitely overrated the difficulty (perils of playing sick I suppose).

Was surprised that E1 felt harder than any previous E1, but not that E5-final farming was 'easier' than early E5 - got the feeling he wants us to farm on the difficulty we beat it, not 'casual then switch' (akin to 'no more farming first nodes..except.. E5-C ... *puzzled* ). We'll see.

Did and did NOT get everyone wanted. I mean, the overarching goal was getting best duck..she was the one I was willing to sink all my resources into getting..but did get her.
    From my 'missing' ships, picked up Daitou, Nimu, Zara, Two Prinzs, Best Duck, all the event ships (with extra gott).....
    Some dupe bisko/graf/ark....and enough Mutsu to make up for my phenomenal LSC luck (turns out there is no bonus for mod fodding five mutsu at once..i tried. twice).

Still...didn't get Iyo, Italia, pastasub and bokukaze, so far from a perfect run, but oh well. I'm more than happy with what I pulled this event.

Resources spent (and start points, generally took a day's break after a completed map)

Biggest hatred though, and slipped mind first posting this: playing the damned event in silence. I had no crashes ruining any sorties...kc3 in vivaldi was perfectly behaved..provided sound was off.
    The lack of sounds just really reduced the enjoyment factor. I could still hear the banter in my head...but I'd liked it to been actual game music and game sounds (for some reason brain kept playing 'sea where the crane falls' for EVERY boss fight... which wasn't bad...except it ALSO did 'the final countdown' on nodes up to last dance. >.< sadistic lil troll )

Last edited by Ferreae; 10-10-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1124 Post(s)
    I cleared E1~E3 on Hard. And dropped to Easy for E4 and E5, because too much BS. I don't have the time anymore, only have about an hour to play Kancolle every day now. I started off the same day as everyone but cleared E-5 near the last day. I'm just glad I managed to clear it at all and got Nelson.

As for new event ships 3/4, missing Gotland, but it's ok there is always next event. :)

Complains: Chrome crashed while I about to go night battle with the Last Boss, catbombs, DMM maintenance. They are actually more scarier than the Submarine Princess on node T. >_<

Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Most memorable part of the event is having to sink E5 part 2 boss LD twice (no thanks to the Black Screen of Death), which forced my fleet to evolve to a state that was stable and had a high chance of sinking the LD boss. It's also the first time that farming on the last map Hard post-clear is possible and easier (thanks to the STF route and the amazing low resource consumption of Nelson).

Looking forward to future events with easier farming opportunities post-clear, but the devs should put priority on fixing the game client so that no one else has to go through the same horror as I did with E5 part 2.

IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Very unsatisfied that even though i started out strong, going through E1-3 on hard, work and life kept me from putting enough time in the event and as such I didnt even clear E-5N.
    I did get Gotland, but overall the hole in my kandex got bigger, even though I wanted to ideally spend a ton of time farming Prinz.
    Well, what can you do, they'll appear again sometime. Mostly Im upset about this being the first event I wasnt able to clear since I started playing (I started playing during an event, so that one doesnt count)

Rep
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    How did you do?

Respected initial objectives, clearing E1 hard modo, E2 med, E3E, E4E and finally E5C, got all new ship thus I ending kept my kandex clear. Nothing to regret, even if I was a bit hesitating to engage E5 med (but too few time and sanity tank nearly empty, so bad idea !)

Quite interesting, new battlefield explored, interesting new kanmusu (especially Gotland and Nelson) Unfortunately, I'm waiting for something a bit better right now, the rewards are not worth going to higher difficulties.

Yup !

Total resource losses 40-45k fuel, 30k ammo, 15k steel, 20k bauxite, 200+ buckets, not that much, quite good considering my actual passive gameplay and time consumption on game. Quite lucky to got both Gotland and Kishinami less than 10 runs after clearing respectively E3/E4.

Really, thank you to the frontliners for providing us datas permitting us to clear the event smoothly, especially @211303 and @NanashiYoukai. I hope I could owe you that in the future !

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Shadowfury
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    First map on medium, rest on easy. Probably could've gotten away with more because we had a extra long break and overall, easy felt too easy outside of the EOs. However, I didn't feel confident in my ability to manage ship locks.

I missed out on Gotland, but got Pola (twice) and Roma, so I am happy with the new ships. Time to start on LSC for Zara.

Net loss of a little over 30k on fuel, ammo, and bauxite. A bit less on steel. I think I used at least 300 buckets