Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    As usual, I cleared the entire event on Hard difficulty.

What I liked about the event:

• Less tedious TP phases. I managed to clear those in 3-4 successful sorties, whereas it would take at least double the number of sorties in the events before.
    • Return of installation type abyssals! Whether you like fighting against them or not, I think the return of them is a welcome change, since fighting installations requires different fleet compositions and equipment setups. Though, I do not want to see them (this prominently) again in every event.
    • "Forgotten" ships get to sortie again, such as Akagi and Europeans.
    • No resource sinks, which allows for (relatively) cheap clearing and farming.
    • Great rare drops, many of these are also powerful ones. Although I already had my KanDex completed, there were plenty rare drops for newer admirals. I also managed to obtain my third FuMO radar.
    • E-5 debuff remained after map clear. Great for farming node Z2, obviously.

What I rather would have seen different:

• Relatively easy event, especially the main operations. Considering the lack of an "actual" Spring event, the many delays, and, more importantly, the difficulty of previous Summer events, this one was rather tame (against my expectation).
    • In relation to the above, Nelson was too easily obtained. Although her stats are one of the best among the BBs, she was obtained much more easily compared to Iowa and Warspite (and Saratoga). Though by no means a "freebie".
    • E-3 phase 2 and phase 3 were practically the same.
    • E-3 phase 3 required a lucky snipe by a CV.
    • The duration of the event was too long. Though I do understand the extension was caused by the several natural disasters hit by Japan.

I went into the event wanting to have another all hard clear and obtain all new ship drops. I managed to achieve that. I earned my 14th First-class medal and my KanDex is once again complete. Furthermore, I finally got my third FuMO radar and a duplicate Gotland, Graf Zeppelin, and Hatsuzuki, none of which I will be keeping (only their equipment).

I think I have lost approximately 100k fuel/ammo in clearing all the maps. Another 100-150k was spend over 100+ sorties to farm for Gotland.

Overall, I am relatively content with the event. Though, it was quite a bit easier that I had expected.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    This turned out longer than I thought. Hopefully not too TL:DR.

I would like to thank @211303 for the walkthroughs and advice, @NanashiYoukai for the clear reports, farming guides & E-5 help (CTF FTW!), @Kuropo for E-5 review/advice, and all the other players who posted results and such. There are other places to go during events for guides/advice, but as it's been since I first started the game over 4 years ago (wow, time flies), Himeuta is still my primary source for such things. Thanks everyone.

As for results, no complaints at all - all Hard clear, all new ship obtained. Primary objectives achieved. E-5 went a lot better than I initially feared. The only disappointing aspect was Maruyu farming. E-1 was proverbial cancer for that. :< Got one before I finally gave up and did a little E-5 Z2 farming which went well.

As for the event in general, personally I enjoyed it more than some of the previous (extra) large events. I didn't feel burned out as I do with (extra) large 7 map events. To be fair, I did have some luck with E-5 Part 2 LD, but from what I can tell, E-5 as a whole wasn't at the same level as say Summer 2015, Summer 2017, Spring 2016, etc. So while perhaps not the best KanColle event ever, certainly not the worst IMO.

As for resources, I was lagging, taking my time so was able to recover some while I cleared maps. Not helping calculate the cost was that I was going between KC3 Kai and EO due to some issues (see below). Thus, hard to say about resource other than this wasn't super expensive to clear, but farming burned quite a bit. Net lost from everything is roughly 130k fuel gone, 100k ammo gone. Buckets were not too bad clearing, but farming chewed up a lot.

General Comments/Thoughts:

Positive Aspects:

- Per above, I preferred this event over some of the previous events. Sure, it didn't have historic base such as the Leyte Gulf inspired events (and the nice dialog touches), but it didn't have the same degree of SparkColle + RNG walls, 2087935 unlocking steps, phases, etc. either. Some unlocking steps, yes, but compared to previous events also some moderation on that which is something I was hoping for. Understand some may think this was “too easy”, and fair enough, but there’s also swinging the pendulum too far the other way as well. There’s a balance to be had for sure.

- Another thing I did like about this event was only two new drop-only ships, and 5 total new ships are a perfectly reasonable amount of new ships IMO. So some credit where credit is due.

- New ships: Perhaps "hax/op" is a bit much, but Nelson is a VERY good BB and that's before you even factor in the "Nelson Touch" (insert your own joke/snarky comment if you want). I do like Kishinami a lot in terms of design and personality. Maestrale seems fun, and Gotland a nice addition from another new nation along with a 4-slot CL. Shiyou's OK. At least she comes with a built-in K2 and 4 slots.

- Farming (positive part): I was a bit surprised at how many rare/previous event ships were available. Sure, Euro event = some older Euro ships to be had, but this event and Z2 in particular, gave newer players without such ships a lot of opportunity to quite a few of those.

- Friend Fleet - was more neutral before, but coming around on this a bit. What I found interesting was the implementation and how devs might use that. First, kudos to vanguard players who cleared maps like E-5 without friend fleet. The delay in introducing friend fleets relative to when maps first become available is an interesting mechanic to me in that it provides some added flexibility for devs in terms of difficulty. The more hard-core types seeking maximum challenge are quite likely vanguard players. So they would encounter a map w/o friend fleet assistance = more difficulty. I think the devs could arguably take it a step further. Not only wait a couple of days before introducing friend fleet, but when introduced on whatever maps, make it optional for players. Want it - no problem. “Too easy”/don't want the help, no problem.

- Resource wise, wasn't super cheap and have to factor in some luck with say E-5 Part 2, but on the whole, wasn't nearly the ResourceColle event like some previous ones which is nice as that leaves more for farming or whatever you need to do.

- Equipment Rewards: Debated where to put this, but I think the rewards were enough to squeak into positive territory. E-1 - can't expect much from first map, but for Hard, Ka-mi tank and T22 Kai 4 (LM calibrated) are not bad. E-2 - Type 0 Recon m11b skilled is high-end recon plane, and the DD gun with increasing specific DD gun fit implemented isn't bad either. If nothing else, I will routinely use the M11b skilled. E-3 was OK-ish. E-4 equipment rewards were definitely weak. E-5 was, as usual, is where it's at. That 16" Mk.I Kai + FCR Type 284 is VERY close to 16"/50 Mk.7 and an excellent BB gun. Ju 87C Kai Ni (KMX/Skilled) has very solid stats and gives long range. What I want to know is whether it will end up having some sort of extra CVCI or NB CVCI bonus like the Swordfish Mk.III. VERY interested in whether that's the case or not. Even if not, I'll be using it along with Suisei M22 634 for standard CVCI load out and long range.

Neutral/Unsure:
    - Fleet locking: 6 way (Hard) does NOT surprise me in anyway, nor will 7-way fleet locking when it comes around. Just a matter of time. Is what it is. I do think that only having fleet locking on E-5 Hard was a good way to help out intermediate players/those selecting Medium. That being said, one does pay a bit of a price when it comes to E-5 farming then. Did some of that, but was limited due to locking in terms of XP for non 99 level ships. Only 5 or 6 of 12 ships of mine were gaining XP. :/

- I'm still not a fan of the triple gauge map - I think 2 is sufficient, but I can see why devs may want to go that route in terms of farming areas.

Negative Aspects:
    - Farming:
    --- Two things I hate about event boss node drops are (A) boss nodes that don't always give a drop and (B) the "but only drops on xyz composition". This event didn't have the latter, but had the former and was very irritating and unnecessary.
    --- Node E-1 farming. More difficult that it should have been for first map. Also not happy that the only place (AFAIK) that Maruyu dropped was E-1. Now I'm sure some will say "just do LSC", but I have and RNG is not cooperating. Not even close to avg. success with that. Bleh.
    --- Putting my results aside, not entire sure whether say Gotland drop rates and drop locations might be a negative here. E-4-L drop rates for farming before clear were quite low (though the farming itself was fine), and post clear, your best spot (AFAIK) was E-5-Z2 which wasn't cheap. Hard for me to say for sure. Maybe this should be in the “neutral/unsure category”.
    --- Still prefer some farming prior to clear options, but perhaps this wasn't quite as bad in that regard/impact as last event (Winter - spring mini-"event" not a true event IMO).

- I'm sure there are some other negatives, but nothing dramatic comes to mind right now and this is long enough already.

Other: Separate category because to me this is more a KC 2.0 issue than event specific. BY FAR this was the worst event in terms of connection, viewer crashes, cat bombs and the like. Cat bombs were certainly a thing before KC 2.0, but I had more cat bombs this event then all previous events combined. The issues with Chrome/chromium (perhaps other - IDK) and KC 2.0 were VERY frustrating. I had crashes - more so with KC3 Kai, but some for EO, which occurred even though I made it a habit to just exit and re-enter the game routine. Play for a couple hours maybe, and exit. Any time screens start to slow down/stutter - check RAM use and if at a certain point, exit. Still, that wasn't enough and a couple crashes were too close to just finish sortieing on a map. I don't have the best PC anymore, but still with 16GB of DDR and 64-bit OS, I should be fine. I'm not playing Kingdom Come Deliverance (or whatever the benchmark PC game is now). This NEEDS to get fixed by devs.

========

@ofi123: In case you missed my post in the E-5 thread, if you still don't have the Nelson Kai screen shot you wanted, it's there. I don't know why it says "original image of 647x388" because it's 1200x720. Also don't know why when you click on it says .jpg when I uploaded a .png image. Maybe Imgur is converting? If you still need want one, PM me and I'll try just sending it directly to you PM or we can try a different image hosting site if you have one.

========

@Kuropo: Couple thoughts on your review.

Re. Difficulty: Per above, I was fine with the overall difficulty. Granted no Spring event, but especially with the issues KC 2.0 is having, I think it was a wise idea not to go full out. Sure, this could have been a bit harder overall, but I do like having some less hard-core events. Used to be you’d get 1 hard event, one easy and two somewhere in the middle events per year. I think that works fairly well. Don’t forget, we had a huge 7 map tough Winter event. Also, Summer 2016 wasn’t a huge event (4 maps) coming off a big Spring 2016 event. As for duration, IMO planned duration was fine (Oct. 4th end as I recall).

As for Nelson, agree on the stats, etc. Regarding easy acquisition – two things. Totally agree on Iowa. Spring 2016 is my most hated event, and yeah, tough to get. Warspite on the other hand… not sure how much harder Summer 2016 E-4 was vs. this event’s E-5. Don’t seem to recall Summer 2016 E-4 being a particularly hard map. EDIT: Honestly, just forgot about Summer 2016 in general, but looking at some old notes, you're right - wasn't easy so I stand corrected on that. The other thing is we now have Casual and that changes things a lot in terms of ease to obtain. In fact, I thought that was the whole point of Casual. Easier difficulty so more players could clear events and get all new ships. So unless you get rid of Casual and/or make a ship like Nelson a drop only ship (which I am firmly against. #SayNOtoRomaFarming), then situation is here to stay.

Last edited by goesto11; 10-11-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: correction
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Lieutenant
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I finished E1-E3 on Hard and then dropped to Normal for E4 and E5 due to real life time constraints. The event was pretty enjoyable for me.

Unfortunately I was not able to secure I-13 after 140+ runs on E1, which was the low point of my event.

Resource-wise I lost a net 30k fuel, 50k ammo, 3k steel, and 40k buax. Bucket usage was a net 300 used.

I had a bit of trouble getting motivated for the event looking at the rewards initially, but I'm glad I was able to finish and get Nelson.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1115 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Ah now that you mentioned it, there was a new potato ship in this event. Sorry, it has completely slipped my mind. So I got 4/5 for the event ships, missing Gotland. :)

Last edited by Mikan; 10-11-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    @Mikan: No worries. Hopefully you'll get Gotland next time she's available.

Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I recalled during Summer 16 that the general consensus is that E3 Hard was the hardest map in the whole event, and that E4 Hard was slightly easier (though the use of hayasui was more or less needed on Hard). Didn't get to clear E4 on Hard as E3 Hard was the true gatekeeper and drained all my resources, but the reward (Ginga) was the most attractive in the whole event, so looking back, it was worth throwing my head against E3 Hard since the Ginga has helped me in all the events after that.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    @Ken G: Honestly, I don't recall much at all about Summer 2016 which is why I posted what I did above. Usually I remember the tough event maps. I found some old notes (take notes since not using KC3 Kai until KC 2.0), and seems that Summer 2016 was fairly tough after all for later maps. So Kuropo's assessment is accurate and I stand corrected on that. As I can't remember, I'll take your word for it on E-3 vs. E-4, but according to my notes, I had a significantly easier time with E-3 than E-4. Didn't take long for me to clear E-3, but E-4 was a slog. RNG I guess.

As for the rewards back then, definitely agree with you there. Ginga totally worth it. That's one thing I like about the older events and final EO map. Can still get the equipment regardless of Medium or Hard.

IGN
    Zalfier
    Server
    Tawi-Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10466 Post(s)
    Was pretty good run for an event, was fun as usual. only thing is that I probably over-estimated the difficulty of E-5 and selected the difficulty too low, resulting in a rather anti-climatic finish, with my fleet steamrolling the map even when inadequately equipped (People who know how I clear events know what I mean)... perhaps a note to self to work on estimating difficulties next round.

We managed to get all the new ships (Gotland drop during first E-4 kill, Kishinami after 144 runs), so we all good in the newbies department, time to get them all trained and ready by next event.

Overall, aside from abit of a self-induced problem at E-5 as stated above, it was fun as usual, and definitely looking forward to the next

KC Status: Building up the Destroyer Armada
    Other game codes: GBF: 7135808 / FKG: 982660683 / SOA: ZD7GKZA4B2

Rep
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    @goesto11

You are welcome! I am glad I was of help to you. ^-^
    Nowadays, barely any people, outside of the Himeuta community, writes walkthroughs for the events in the English-speaking communities. I am actually considering getting back into writing those, because I am not only able to help other players, but I also enjoy doing it. Also, it appears that information on the wikia is sometimes incorrect, even until the end of the event. (Such as the E-4 submarine fleet and E-5 phase 3 routing rules in last event.)

As for Summer 2016, that event indeed only had 4 maps. Generally speaking, larger sized events often have been associated with higher difficulty (maps). However, that particularly was not the case for Summer 2016. But it appears that you have come to realize yourself about the difficulty of said event.
    In case you need more details, you can find a link to my Summer 2016 event walkthrough in my signature. :d
    I also think having a "difficult" event once or twice a year is sufficient. However, I am not really into those "easy" ones, as they do not feel rewarding for clearing at all. I consider last event to be inbetween those, or "medium" if you will.

- - - Updated - - -
    @211303

Since you have created this thread, but have not provided your own reflection, I wonder whether you have any opinion on last event that you want to disclose.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5157 Post(s)
    Gratz for everyone clearing the event.

To me, this seems in a very average event in many ways. Difficulty isn't particularly high or low, and there isn't any particularly memorable maps other than E5p2. Equipment is pretty practical overall, with the best scoutplane in skilled Yura plane and a great gun in FCR. I guess this is fitting for the first event in 2.0, though I wish they manage to implement the actual friend fleet in this event.

One thing I don't like is that the drop rate of new ship is tuned down againt comparing to previous events. It is probably one of the most boring part of this game, and I really don't think this should be lengthen unnecessarily. Really hope the rate return to 6-7% ish for S rank like previous events.

Speaking of E5 p2, this is the first time we get a map with mixed target (yeah, there is Spring 2016 E7, but that map is about LBAS nuke anyway). And unfortunately, there isn't a cheap choice to reduce the pain of target selection. The only thing I can think of is a luckmodded Suzuya class CAV with torp/torp/T3/20.3/8cm that triggers DA against installation and TCI against surface target. Such a ship could also be used in normal anti-surface map, partially fulfilling the role of a night CVL of providing extra fighter power by using the comp torp/torp/spf/spf, which also provide capped night firepower. It could be a potential luck mod target for veteran ttk.

A bit off topic, but this is also the event that sees some big changes in the community itself. Not sure if you notice, but info from the Japanese side has gradually become slower over the last few event. This is due to the dwindling of active editor in wikiwiki and a recent drama between tester and wikiwiki, which result in the disband of the tester community and quite a number of testers quit testing. The result is that wikiwiki's information is now very slow, with extreme cases like how fighter power for causal mode E5 isn't updated till the end of the event. In short, wikiwiki is probably not a reliable source for event info anymore.

Since then, I would want to list some of the new info sources as alternatives here:

Lambda39 's twitter account

(A Japanese tester specialised in routing for both event and regular maps)

EN wikia

(EN wikia has now implemented TsunDB as their data source, making use of big data to analyse routing and damage modifier)

Tibi's twitter account

(Source of datamine info and statistics)

Akankore

One of the quickest place you can find full event walkthrough

Poi statistics

Drop rate

Apart from the event itself, I want to talk about Nelson touch and a new discovery on anti-installation as well.

1) Change on anti-installation equipment.

It is discovered near the end of the event that daihaitsu type equipment will now provide bonus to traditional soft skin targets like Hoppo in 3-5 and Wanko in 4-5 as well. They must have changed it either in 2.0 or in the event patch.

2) Usage of Nelson touch in regular maps.

Nelson touch is a double edge sword, especially in regular fleet, as while it provides a very strong triple attack, double line also lowers the shelling formation modifier to 0.8 and rendering all torp useless. Therefore, in regular maps, it is more of a tool that increases passing rate against soft target, rather than against boss node with multiple high armor target. Currently, I have been using her in 5-5 and 6-5.

i) 5-5

Nelson+CV+BB+CV+CAV+CAV while using double line in the preboss Re-elite node to increase passing rate.

ii) 6-5

Nelson+Ise+CAV+CL+2DD while using double line in night battle node to increase passing rate.

The sexiest bridge ever made.