Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)

October 2018 ranking reward

The ranking reward for October 2018 will be released in the evening on 29/11. A new LBAS recon plane will be introduced. The said plane was originally designed as a long range fighter, and later officially adopted as a twin engine recon plane. Subsequently, it is modified in Rabaul into a night fighter.

(Heavily hinting the recon version of J1N Gekko)

T1-5

14cm twin gun mount kai x1
    Type 2 land-based reconnaissance aircraft x1
    12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model B Kai 4 (Wartime Modification) + AAFD ★+2 x1
    61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount Late Model x1

T6-20
    61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount Late Model x1

T21-100
    61cm Triple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount Late Model x1

T101-500

Last edited by 211303; 11-29-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    [+] Spoiler

Saw at the end of last month that I was within a quest cannon's reach of T500, decided to give it a go.

I'm glad I barely put in any effort to rank last month.

+2 Firepower, +1 AA, +1 Evasion for Yuubari, +2 Firepower, +1 Evasion for Katori-class

Basically useless compared to 20.3cm(3).

It is said in dev tweets that this plane will improve the effectiveness of LBAS strikes. I have no idea what this means, but that seems to be the only new mechanic.

It also states that this plane will increase the effective range of LBAS, but not as much as Taitei, and it will increase the effectiveness of LBAS on defence, but not as much as Saiun. So it's useless for base defence, but could be preferential to Taitei if your LB bombers need just that extra push to reach a faraway node with no fighter support.

In all a pretty terrible reward month unless you're the kind of person who really gets off on having things other people don't have.

EDIT:
    On top of the above for T500, the following additional rewards
    T100: Triple Oxygen Torpedo Late Model
    T20: Quadruple Oxygen Torpedo Late Model
    T5: 12.7cm B Kai 4 Late Model+FD +2, Quad Oxy Late Model

RIP last month's rankers ahahaha

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 11-29-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ @ C95 二日目(日)よ-40b
    Twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    2449 Post(s)
    ...is that a Yuubari fairy? Melon k2 coming soon?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanashiYoukai View Post

It also states that this plane will increase the effective range of LBAS, but not as much as Taitei, and it will increase the effectiveness of LBAS on defence, but not as much as Saiun. So it's useless for base defence, but could be preferential to Taitei if your LB bombers need just that extra push to reach a faraway node with no fighter support.
    The range of this plane is 8, so it would not do anything range wise for bomber. The only scenario where I could see it become useful is a 8 range node that needs fighter sweep, in this case it will provide more fighter power than a taitei.

In all a pretty terrible reward month unless you're the kind of person who really gets off on having things other people don't have.
    The anouncement also says you will be able to get both of the new equipment in the coming event, so yeah, RIP us for choosing to rank this month.

Edit: Actually, RIP everyone else as well since at least two of the event reward is occupied by these trash, especially that gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Bonus seems to be around x1.15???

Last edited by 211303; 11-29-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Why they can't balance ranking reawards?
    I didn't rank in september because of the problems that came with phase2, the event and also the new chance of getting rewards outside of T500 (it didn't go well, though) and now I can't help but compare this trash to the last month's rewards and think that I'd rather have that bomber (even though I don't really need it) over this pathetic excuse of a gun.
    In the end, last month's rewards were both useful and this month's ones are both useless (the plane could have some use but it would be very limited since it's only for LBAS).
    I hope to not get trash for Xmas (although I think it will be closer to New Year's Eve) too.

Last edited by Ink20; 11-29-2018 at 03:18 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5168 Post(s)

Update on the damage bonus this scout plane will provide. It seems it is around x1.12 (probably x1.125???).

Still doesn't help its case I guess as you lose 1 bomber, or at least 1/4 of the damage, by using it.