Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)

Event Discussion: 訛伝が染めたる宵の森 (★5 Matsusaka-jou Event)

JP Wiki

Duration:
    11/27 (Tue) to 12/11 (Tue) maintenance

Construction style event with Hills-type bonus. Collect crafting materials from the event maps and use 200 of them plus 1000 gold to craft for a chance for ★3 Kitanoshou-jou or ★5 Matsusaka-jou

Rewards:
    ★5 Matsusaka-jou [Hills] [Spear]
    [img][/img]
    Skill: Increases HP by 27%
    Stratagem: Increases Target's Range by 30 for 25s. Decreases Range by 30% for all enemies in range.
    Cooldown: 50s
    Cost: 7 ki

★3 Kitanoshou-jou [Plains] [Spear]

Stratagem: Increases Block by 4
    Kai Stratagem: Increases Block by 4
    Decreases ATK by 15% for all enemies in range

E-1: 20 Stamina
    Waves: 1
    Special Mission: Complete without gigantifying (any difficulty)
    Reward: 5000 Gold
    Materials: 12~18

E-2: 30 Stamina
    Waves: 1
    Special Mission: Complete without taking any damage on Tono (any difficulty)
    Reward: Byakusen [Kaiichi]
    Materials: 20~30

E-3: 45 Stamina
    Waves: 2
    Special Mission: Complete without losing any warehouses (any difficulty)
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kaiichi]
    Materials: 35~42

E-X1: 90 Stamina
    Reward: ★3 Kitanoshou-jou
    Special Mission 2: Complete without losing any warehouses (hard)
    Reward: ★3 双龍槍 (+3)
    Materials: 120~132

Kitanoshou-jou decreases ATK by 15% for all castles in range.
    Oumihachiman-jou increases Kitanoshou-jou's HP by 500, Range by 20, and Regen by 30 (Heals 30 HP per second).
    Oumihachiman-jou does not heal, but also cannot be attacked.
    Victory can be obtained by defeating all enemies except for Oumihachiman-jou.

Each Hawk-type kabuto increases flying-type kabuto DEF by 100.
    Also, when their HP goes below 50%, they will take 50% damage from physical ranged attacks.
    ※ They will sit on standby until certain conditions are met when they will begin moving. (50% HP or after a certain amount of time)

The hawks do a significant amount of damage. It can be difficult to take them down since they have such high defense. Talismans are pretty decent at it.
    I personally use a bell plus bow at 27 and 28 and then a Talisman at 2.
    You can defend the warehouses with 13 pretty easily if you have something forward killing things before they go down. Otherwise, you can set up around 19 too.
    You get backdoored at 1-4 pretty frequently, so have a melee at 1 to defend the warehouses and another at 4 if they can't kill fast enough.
    If you're using Usuki, 24 is a good place for her token with units up front at 21/27/28. A lot of enemies come out of the pond and go underneath 28 and onto the lowground. A good bow can clear them all.
    A maxed Bell can take out a lot of the enemies slowly. The elephant can be pre-emptively killed with enough damage like this. Otherwise, put a unit at 3, like Usuki or a Talisman to take care of the extra backdoors and the elephant.
    There's a lot of cavalry in round 2, so they can just run past your block or kill it if you don't upgrade and just rush Tono.

E-4: 50 Stamina
    Waves:
    Special Mission: Complete without taking any damage on Tono (any difficulty)
    Reward: Byakusen [Kaiichi]
    Materials: 56~72

Monkeys can range the blue tiles at 19/21/22. You can try challenging them to a straight up fight to kill them first if you have enough DEF and ki to heal.
    The big ape runs down the stairs at 25-23 to 11-19.

E-5: 60 Stamina
    Waves:
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kaiichi]
    Materials: 48~60

Majority of enemies seem to go down 22-18-14. Some backdoor at 1-4. Don't forget to defend DEFG at 13.
    Round 2 has stuff like squids at 30-29-16-12, so you need a strong ranged at 24 to project J.
    There's also an elephant that takes that route.

Boss takes the same route as majority of enemies, but flies.

E-X2: 95 Stamina
    Reward: ★5 Matsusaka-jou
    Special Mission 2: Complete without losing any warehouses (hard)
    Reward: 鉄砲 ★3 墨縄(+3)
    Materials: 136~152

Two real paths and a backdoor.
    Round 1 has most enemies come from 20-16 and upper platform at 25. There's a lot of melee and magic attackers in different waves. Defending at 24 and 25 is probably easiest.
    There's two huge packs of flying bats that circle around 4 as well. One of the best ways to take care of this is using Usuki's stratagem with a castle at 1 and 3.
    Azuchi can hit 6 and 7 so you're not safe taking out the bats there. It's a lot of easy free ki to get though.
    End of Round 1 has a sumo walk down 20-16-14-11-9-12-15. I would defend at 17/21 with Talisman + Gun combo or something similar.

Round 2 has Sakamoto appear on the roof on the left side and she'll snipe anyone in 1-2-3-4-6-7. She does a lot of damage per hit and starts pretty far away so she can be a surprise.
    Kitanoshou will also appear on the right side and if you have something at 26, she might snipe the warehouse I behind it using her pierce.
    Near the middle of Round 2, whips with bamboo shielders will appear so they may take a while to break through. You can use toeksn at 19/20 to eat the hits since they're very slow attackers.
    There's also sumos and other melees at appear at 2 and Matsusaka comes out at the end.
    If you don't finish these dogs, etc. they will go down 5, turn left, and backdoor Tono at 28-23-18.

I recommend:
    24: Spear
    25: Usuki
    3: Bell
    4: Gun
    17: Gun
    21: Talisman

Spear pierces and ranges all the stuff at appears on the right side very easily while being relatively safe. Hikone is a very strong choice here, but Shikano should be good too.
    A Bell at 3 with Usuki token at 1 is one of the easiest ways to get ki on this map early on.
    A high level Gun at 4 is probably the best way to kill Azuchi early before Round 1 ends. You want to place her after the bats have died so she doesn't steal any of the kills. At 4/5 upgrades, she should be able to kill Azuchi, and then use the final upgrade to heal against Sakamoto. Place a token or another unit at 1/2 to eat some shots if you need to survive.
    21/17 ranged combo can slow down the sumos so they never progress to Tono. They might have trouble with the whips, so an added melee at 20 or a token to eat the hits may be necessary.

The left side has a couple of options to deal with the sumos and other melee units that appear there. You can go full ranged units at 1/3/4/7 which is very safe and just kill them while they slowly move.
    You can also have a strong melee and upgrade to tank the sumo hits while DPSing it down when it appears.

Last edited by Folseus; 12-07-2018 at 04:25 AM.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Okay... I give up with X-2 map (hard difficult). Even the normal diff is hard if you don't have shield. Rip 2 gems

Last edited by jenderal313; 12-04-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenderal313 View Post
    Okay... I give up with X-2 map (hard difficult). Even the normal diff is hard if you don't have shield. Rip 2 gems
    This guy apparently went with an all-ranged build, which would seem to be a good idea with the sumo and other slow tough heavy hitters. I used the same basic setup on norm, but some of my levels aren't quite so high (especially the crossbows since I usually don't use them much), so I might need to make some adjustments or just spend some resources before trying hard. Fortunately, with Fontainebleau as a replacement for Taga I can cut out the Matsusaka's strategem, since she gets +30 range from her skill instead of +20, and giving the crossbow on 17 that event weapon with the slow effect helps to make up for lower levels. And of course Fukuchiyama's strategem is always nice.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hmmm. interesting tactic. Kill the enemies before they reached warehouse in #30 which is the problem in my tactic. "Nearly One punch KO" monster is the most dangerous here . I have all the required Shiromusume, but their level are around 70-80 not 90. Better keep this video for future re-run. I don't want to waste my fodder unit for something like this without great success exp chance.