Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5271 Post(s)

[Winter 2019 E1] Assault! Buin Defense Operation

This post will be updated with confirmed information pertaining to map E-1 as it is spaded. The thread can also serve as a starting point for people to discuss the map if they want.

Disclaimer: Information in this thread is subjected to change when new or additional data is made available.

【中部ソロモン海域鼠輸送】

General Event Outline, Participation Requirements and Difficulty System

To participate in this event, you must have a sortie win rate of 75% or above. You also need at least 5 spare Kanmusu slots and 20 equipment slots. Completely depleting the health bar and therefore clearing the map will lock it in the chosen difficulty, it cannot be changed afterwards.

Please be aware that it is not possible to increase the difficulty between maps by more than one. As an example if you have cleared E-1 on "Easy" you will not be able to select "Hard" for E-2; only "Medium" will be available. However players will be able to choose "Hard" again for E-3 if you pick "Medium" on E-2 for this specific scenario. This does not affect the ability to decrease difficulty; players will still be able to choose "Easy" after clearing the previous map on "Hard".

General E-1 Map Information

Difficulty: ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Sortie Mode: Normal fleet

Fleet locking:

Numbers of clean kills needed for clear: 4

DifficultyReward
    CasualMinegumo
    EasyMinegumo, Mamiya x1, Maritime Resupply x2, Type 22 Surface RADAR
    MediumMinegumo, Mamiya x2, Maritime Resupply x2, Action Report x1, Type 2 Land Based Reconnaissance Aircraft
    HardMinegumo, Mamiya x2, Maritime Resupply x3, Action Report x1, Type 2 Land Based Reconnaissance Aircraft, 5inch Single Gun Mount Mk.30 Kai

Walkthroughs

Player Walkthrough & Feedback

[+] Spoiler

Last edited by 211303; 12-31-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5271 Post(s)
    https://www.twitch.tv/211303

Gonna be streaming once the event starts. The delay is long so we will see if we can be done with E2 today.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5271 Post(s)
    E1 brief guide

P1:

5 dd will send you to the 2nd shortest route. There is one night battle node, so having node support will be beneficial. Boss support isn't required. Could also bring an oasw ship for passing rate.

My fleet with 6 daihaitsu took 3 runs to drain the tp bar.

P2.

1cl 5dd with 5 radar for the shortest route. The radar has to be equipped on different ships. The flagship also has to equip radar. Boss only has ~200 armor so da should be sufficient. Node support is optional, while boss support is recommended. Boss is pretty easy, so like p1, you can bring an oasw ship for better passing rate.

Last edited by 211303; 12-27-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Cleared E-1H using the same formations as 211303. I took a sixth radar on the second phase to meet the LOS requirement as I've neglected upgrading/acquiring good radars.

Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have a problem in phase 2, I can't get to the boss because I always go to the night battle node. And I guess the problem is that I only have 4 surface radars.

I'm using 1CL and 5DD, I equip each ship with a surface radar (the rest I put an air radar to each one to see if I met the LoS conditions). Should i try to create a fifth and a sixth radar or there is an alternative (fleet, equipment, etc)?
    Just in case, my HQ level is 75, i'm playing in casual and recently i spent 7000 Bauxite and I only got a surface radar.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1589 Post(s)
    @MegacesarCG For easy/casu, try 3DD CAV CLT CL

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrue View Post
    @MegacesarCG For easy/casu, try 3DD CAV CLT CL
    Thank you very much, now with some effort I can finally beat E-1

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    E1H done!

Phase 1 - Transport Bar

This is the fleet I used:

Notes:
    * Fleet routes B-C-E-G
    * No sparkling or support expeditions used
    * Having at least 6 daihatsu is enough to deplete the bar in 3 sorties (assuming S-rank)

Pretty straightforward, although the pre-boss nodes can cause random taihas. Murasame has a huge damage bonus in E1, so it's definitely worthwhile to use her here. Other Shiratsuyu-class (and Asashio-class) boats also have bonuses. However, there's another transport bar in E3, so don't lock all your daihatsu-carriers in E1. You can also bring an OASW ship to help with the sub node, but it's not mandatory.

Phase 2 - Boss

This is the fleet I used:

Notes:
    * Fleet routes B-H-C-L
    * No sparkling used, boss support only used for last dance
    * Need 5 ships equipped with surface radars to avoid the ambush nodes (GFCS and FuMO count too)

For hard mode, 6DD or 1CL5DD routes to boss (lower difficulties also need to bring CA/CLT). You can bring any light cruiser except Jintsuu. She has a huge damage buff in E2, so don't lock her here. The pre-boss route is actually easier in phase 2, and the boss is really only a challenge during last dance. Boss support isn't needed, but after four consecutive failed LD attempts where my girls kept choking and main damage dealers always got chuuha'd/taiha'd, I just bit the bullet and used it once. Arare dealt the killing blow at night with a 183-damage shot.

I'll wait a bit longer before jumping into E2. That map seems pretty complex.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    OK, here goes my first foray into E1....

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! Took off 62 TP which means if I get 2 more S rank runs, I can clear the TP Gauge.

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

Is it a fleet or a harem? I'm not sure...

Rep
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    I'm about to begin this event so, before I actually go on my first sortie, are there any ships that I should keep in reserve for the next two maps? Certain ships (i.e. Jintsuu, Yuudachi, and Shigure) are listed as handy to have in the next two maps.