Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ofi123 View Post
    @211303

Wait, so this means the aerial combat result is fixed?
    No, only the first wave is fixed, after that, it will fluctuate within the possible shotdown rate. That option gives you the average, the 95th percentile, and the 99th percentile.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    @211303

I see. Well, not sure if I am doing it right but it seems I might be able to get AS with just 1 spf on each of the 2 CAVs and Zara if I jsut max out fighters on LBAS. (3x 12 AA, 64 + 2x 11AA).

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ofi123 View Post
    @211303

I see. Well, not sure if I am doing it right but it seems I might be able to get AS with just 1 spf on each of the 2 CAVs and Zara if I jsut max out fighters on LBAS. (3x 12 AA, 64 + 2x 11AA).
    There should be a % showing the rate of ap and as. From what I get, the comp would have like 1% chance of AS.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    @211303

My apology again. I was doing it wrong as I was calculating the LBAS result.

I need at least 5 spf to get over 50% chance.

IGN
    f50grunt
    Server
    Iwagawa Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    With exactly 12 submarines (8 SSV and 4SS including a maruyu), do I have a reasonable chance of using subs for N here and for the unlocking ZZ section of E-3 on hard? My SPF bench isn't great: I have a Type 2 skilled+3, Kyoufuu+5, normal Type 2 and 4 Ro.44s. For my LBAS, I don't have the 64th squadron but I do have 2 54ths. I must have dropped to medium for Spring '17 E-5. I have various other land-based fighters as well, but I don't know which of them are the best. Nothing that was a reward for an event final map on hard, most likely. I only have one Type 2 land-based recon, but I have flying boats for pumping up the fighters' range.

Based on the AS calculator, I can just squeak into AP with a submarine fleet with all my SPF, and each individual LBAS shows as probably hitting AP. Assuming I've input everything right, it looks like the LBAS attacks are guaranteed to hit AP alone with a fair margin, even if I put in a more pessimistic outcome for the first waves. As long as I get that second Kyoufuu I think the chances here are pretty good, so the question is mostly about whether I can field two submarine fleets with only 12 of them.

I had enough trouble getting to L with my part 1 fleet that I want to at least try using the sub fleet, but not if it would screw me in E-3. I haven't done the New Year questline, so if an extra Kyoufuu would seal that deal I can probably grind that out (I think I'll work on that once I post, actually).

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F50Grunt View Post
    With exactly 12 submarines (8 SSV and 4SS including a maruyu), do I have a reasonable chance of using subs for N here and for the unlocking ZZ section of E-3 on hard? My SPF bench isn't great: I have a Type 2 skilled+3, Kyoufuu+5, normal Type 2 and 4 Ro.44s. For my LBAS, I don't have the 64th squadron but I do have 2 54ths. I must have dropped to medium for Spring '17 E-5. I have various other land-based fighters as well, but I don't know which of them are the best. Nothing that was a reward for an event final map on hard, most likely. I only have one Type 2 land-based recon, but I have flying boats for pumping up the fighters' range.

Based on the AS calculator, I can just squeak into AP with a submarine fleet with all my SPF, and each individual LBAS shows as probably hitting AP. Assuming I've input everything right, it looks like the LBAS attacks are guaranteed to hit AP alone with a fair margin, even if I put in a more pessimistic outcome for the first waves. As long as I get that second Kyoufuu I think the chances here are pretty good, so the question is mostly about whether I can field two submarine fleets with only 12 of them.

I had enough trouble getting to L with my part 1 fleet that I want to at least try using the sub fleet, but not if it would screw me in E-3. I haven't done the New Year questline, so if an extra Kyoufuu would seal that deal I can probably grind that out (I think I'll work on that once I post, actually).
    You only need 6. The unlocking part uses normal fleet. 6 spf sounds enough if you roll an easier comp. The fighter power calculator should be using the hardest comp.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    861 Post(s)
    For phase 3, does the amount of radar required 7 for medium+ not count air radars? I have 5 surface radars and 2 air radars across the combined fleet.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulvarine View Post
    For phase 3, does the amount of radar required 7 for medium+ not count air radars? I have 5 surface radars and 2 air radars across the combined fleet.
    Has to be surface or hybrid.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    861 Post(s)
    I don't really know what counts as hybrid so I'll stick with the 32s and 33s. Figures the moment I get past double dyson, I get off-routed. But with the correct radars, I get preboss taihad again. How foolish this game can be sometimes.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1527 Post(s)
    @Ghoulvarine: Hybrid RADAR is essentially surface + air combined. So SK + SG or 15m Duplex Rangefinder + Type 21 Radar Kai Ni. According to KC Wikia you can use select AIR RADAR such as GFCS, SG Radar (Initial Model), FuMO25, etc. because LoS stat is high enough. What's nice about GFCS is that you can put it on a DD for AACI and it still counts.

There's a list (may need to expand it) on KC Wikia E-2 and E-3 tabs titled "Radars treated as a 'Surface Radar' by the Branching Rules" . Scroll down and you'll find it.

GL

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.