Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Okay, I'd like to have some feedback

First and foremost, is this ASW fleet set up correctly? I don't think I've ever used it before, so it might not be setup properly. I feel like they do almost no damage to loli sub.

Secondly, I've had terrible luck with my LD attempts. I'm at 26 runs, with only 10 making it to the boss so far. I've had a few almost kills, but everytime something went wrong (like the boss surviving with 5HP, or her being the only target left during night battle but none of the historical ships getting crits. Isokaze in particular almost never crits for some reason). I've been mostly relying on a DA on Isokaze, Hagikaze, Arashi and Myoukou, but I'm thinking about swapping to a more TCI setup like so:

I still kind of want to have a OASW ship since loli sub is fully capable of sniping a fully sparkled ship, but should I keep my ringed Tatsuta or swap to Sendai for historical bonus?

Also, I have a luck modded Ayanami (49 luck). Should I put her with a TCI setup instead of Naganami or is the current setup better? Maybe keep Naganami but give her a TCI setup?

There are also a few times when I've gotten AP at boss node despite this setup giving me nearly 520 FP. Should I swap Haguro to a CAV to guarantee AS or is Haguro's historical bonus worth the risk?

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mobius; 01-07-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

First and foremost, is this ASW fleet set up correctly? I don't think I've ever used it before, so it might not be setup properly. I feel like they do almost no damage to loli sub.

Secondly, I've had terrible luck with my LD attempts. I'm at 26 runs, with only 10 making it to the boss so far. I've had a few almost kills, but everytime something went wrong (like the boss surviving with 5HP, or her being the only target left during night battle but none of the historical ships getting crits. Isokaze in particular almost never crits for some reason). I've been mostly relying on a DA on Isokaze, Hagikaze, Arashi and Myoukou, but I'm thinking about swapping to a more TCI setup like so:

I still kind of want to have a OASW ship since loli sub is fully capable of sniping a fully sparkled ship, but should I keep my ringed Tatsuta or swap to Sendai for historical bonus?

Also, I have a luck modded Ayanami (49 luck). Should I put her with a TCI setup instead of Naganami or is the current setup better? Maybe keep Naganami but give her a TCI setup?

There are also a few times when I've gotten AP at boss node despite this setup giving me nearly 520 FP. Should I swap Haguro to a CAV to guarantee AS or is Haguro's historical bonus worth the risk?

ASW support looks fine, and you can also ise the helicopter if you have them. Sounds all right that they don't do damage to loli, at best they could kill some mob and scratch loli a bit.

For fighter power, I would say you should go with a cv with larger slots like CVB sara or Intrepid. Could put bomber in larger slot in this case as well.

For the choice between sendai and tatsuda, sendai is better if she can do oasw.

Ayanami doesn't have bonus here, so she isn't preferable. For ngnm's loadout, I would only do tci if she is either luck modded or you can put her at flagship with a luck modded myoukou at somewhere else. Either way, give the flagship searchlight.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Are there anybody using CTF (that routes to ZZ) to clear LD of this map on Hard?

I only used STF so far so I'm asking how good is CTF for this map.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Rep
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    @211303 Alright, thanks. Guess my fleet won't be changing much then, except maybe CV.

Kancolle wikia says that Ayanami has a 1.3 bonus here, which is why I mentionned her.

I guess I could also swap Naganami for Arashi or Hagikaze in a DA setup, but neither of them is holepunched and I'm fed up of my runs getting stopped in their track because of a single taiha.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Newly Registered
    IGN
    Kahlev
    Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303

For ngnm's loadout, I would only do tci if she is either luck modded or you can put her at flagship with a luck modded myoukou at somewhere else. Either way, give the flagship searchlight.
    What's your view on using Isokaze as flagship with a TCI setup on last dance? Saw some posts in reddit with some 800-1k crits, so wondering if it would be worth something crazy like isokaze + 5asw to secure passing rate, and just hope for a nuke hit.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1527 Post(s)
    Am I missing something here? Was going with @211303's comp for E-2 part which includes and AV for the main fleet, but KC Wikia has that for 100% Node ZZ branching, you need in main fleet, 2x BB(V) + 1x CV(B) and 3 from CA(V)/AV/Akitsu Maru Kai. I'll use Akitsumaru as "reppuu mule" along with Haguro for bonus, but while C. Teste has more plane capacity, a CAV (which would either be Tone or Chikuma since I locked Suzuya & Kumano at E-2) would at least be sturdier/more dodgy for passing rate assuming I can get enough airpower. Perhaps use Tone (already locked for E-3) for chipping since the airpower requirement at boss node is a bit less?

Just trying to figure out if I'm missing something here before I start on clearing Part 2.

I'm also not 100% sure about support either. Sure, wouldn't hurt I suppose, but right now since going with one LBAS for ASW work at C & ZZ, thinking Node Support (which would probably be ASW type with 4xCV(L) + 2xDD which might do something at non-sub nodes) isn't really necessary. Not sure about necessity of boss support either for chipping, but will. probably use anyway.

Thanks.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Newly Registered
    IGN
    Kahlev
    Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    @goesto11

2BB CV CA/V Akitsumaru AV works. I went with 211303's suggested fleet and never got routed off of ZZ

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1527 Post(s)
    @Kahlev: Oh, I know it works, but just wondering whether I MUST have an AV. Seems I don't. I still may use C. Teste, but generally speaking I would think a CAV would have less taiha chance along the way and do a bit more offensively given CAV vs. AV stats and such. OTOH, maybe it's not that big of a deal getting to the boss with an AV. Not sure. Have to see what my airpower is like. I think I want about [s[480[/s] EDIT - 420 per guide for initial kills and 520 for final kill.

Edit: Hmm... I think I'll try Tone for chipping, especially since after I checked, only 420 airpower is suggested. I can get 425-427 using Tone and 2x main + 2x SPF. Will fall short though of what I need for LD so swap in C. Teste for that (and have to move Type 0 M53 Iwamoto to Taihou's 1st slot. :/ Shame I don't have another +12AA fighter for Akitsumaru). With C Teste & adjustments, will get 518-520 airpower.

Last edited by goesto11; 01-08-2019 at 04:56 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlev View Post
    What's your view on using Isokaze as flagship with a TCI setup on last dance? Saw some posts in reddit with some 800-1k crits, so wondering if it would be worth something crazy like isokaze + 5asw to secure passing rate, and just hope for a nuke hit.
    You will probably have a couple of mobs left in night battle, so the chance isn't particularly high tbh. Viable for chipping with 4oasw perhaps, but I won't do that for clearing.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5264 Post(s)
    @211303 Alright, thanks. Guess my fleet won't be changing much then, except maybe CV.

Kancolle wikia says that Ayanami has a 1.3 bonus here, which is why I mentionned her.

I guess I could also swap Naganami for Arashi or Hagikaze in a DA setup, but neither of them is holepunched and I'm fed up of my runs getting stopped in their track because of a single taiha.
    Hmm, I missed the x1.3 one.

Still, you want something stable to kill the mobs, so a x1.5 dd's da is more suitable for that slot imo.