Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    @211303 Yes I already added them.

Technically, USP is not an animation studio, its just a holding company for the other studios. It could well be the case that the initial working team in ENGI is formed by staff from those studios, that would be why USP holds such a small share of ENGI, because that's all it needs for this arrangement to happen. Their share is not enough to fund the new studio by any means.This isn't uncommon between animation studios.

Sammy's connection is obviously the arcade game. Technically, that is under Sega, but Sega and Sammy have the same holding company. The reason they are going through Sammy could be just a matter of evening out the portfolios between Sega and Sammy. Usually this kind of investment is completely divorced from the actual operating companies, so this is an action by the holding company.

Good Smile among others is connected to ENGI through USP too. I'd say these are all companies with a great vested interest in seeing KC get a kick in the pants. ENGI may have been formed solely to make this show.

The quality of the animation is quite good, I must say. I really did think it was going to be a movie.

Last edited by DLRevan; 01-04-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5268 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Yeah, my only nitpick is that Yahagi's fight scene seems a bit too quick/disorientated and that Fusou might be dead, but that is not a final product anyway.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5268 Post(s)
    Eh, I don't think how good AL is as a game relates to the topic at all. This is a thread about KC's Jazz concert so just stick to the topic.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    Eh, I don't think how good AL is as a game relates to the topic at all. This is a thread about KC's Jazz concert so just stick to the topic.
    My apologies. As a Kancolle player between 2014-2016, however, I'm more than mildly irritated at how it's been left in the dust with the response from its license holders essentially being to flop around like a dying fish dragged out of the water. Discussing the game (and indeed the IP)'s future is something long overdue, and this seemed appropriate given that the jazz concert itself was used to stage an announcement regarding the future of the IP as an anime. In that regard, comparisons to AL, which is also multi-platform (with Crosswave) and which also has an anime debut, are warranted.